Yellow | Camera coaching ?

No dues paying Teamster should be in a position to "Coach" any other dues paying member. I don't give a rats ass what the intention is, Good or bad, This issue crosses the line between Labor & Management. Anything recorded by this "Coach" could one day be used against a Member. Why dosen't the International & the Freight Division see this?
Just my personal opinion here guys but I have over 30 years behind the wheel and I'm not qualified and will not coach anybody! And the reverse is also true. I'll pick my own hero's thank you. If someone ask my opinion I gladly help. But not through the Company.
I don't like where this is going. What's next? The camera showed you took 3 attempts to back into a dock when 1 was plenty? Laugh if you want but this is where I see this crap going.
Think I'm Nuts? Ask any UPS feeder driver. Hell they count the frekin steps the man takes!

No dues paying Teamster should be in a position to "Coach" any other dues paying member. I don't give a rats ass what the intention is, Good or bad, This issue crosses the line between Labor & Management. Anything recorded by this "Coach" could one day be used against a Member. Why dosen't the International & the Freight Division see this?
Just my personal opinion here guys but I have over 30 years behind the wheel and I'm not qualified and will not coach anybody! And the reverse is also true. I'll pick my own hero's thank you. If someone ask my opinion I gladly help. But not through the Company.
I don't like where this is going. What's next? The camera showed you took 3 attempts to back into a dock when 1 was plenty? Laugh if you want but this is where I see this crap going.
Think I'm Nuts? Ask any UPS feeder driver. Hell they count the frekin steps the man takes!

I'll gladly listen to someone "coach" me on my driving while I'm on the clock getting paid. Although I've probably been driving longer than the "coach" I have no fear of possibly learning something new. In the end I'm still the one who digests the coach's information and decides if it's worthwhile. And as I've said, I'm on the clock all the while. Pick your battles. :smile new:

PS - Those UPS feeder drivers make quite a bit more than us don't they. Don't see too many of them quitting do you.

I'm a 2 million miler that's been coached twice by someone with half my experience. Did not bother me a bit, it was presented in the right way and........I was wrong. Much rather have him showing me the video than a manager that doesn't know a thing about driving a truck.
I think a fellow driver would be accepted maybe a little better than a management person who has never driven a truck. Let's face it. Most will not want to accept either, but as Hugh pointed out, it may in the long run be to your advantage. The person chosen at my terminal maybe was not the best choice, in my opinion. But most of the others that were asked about possibly participating just made fun of the whole concept also.

I do not know about you guys but the term "coach" rubs me the wrong way. If I ever take up hobby trucking on the week as a recreational sport than I may need a coach. I actually joke about the guys at Conway having coaches, I am not sure but if a young fella ever climbs in the right side of my tractor and tells me he is going to coach me he might just get a ride that he will never forget! Either that or we might stop for a bathroom break and I might leave before he gets back in the truck, I wonder how many times they would have to send a four wheeler out to pick up a coach before they decided a driver was "uncoachable"?

I'll gladly listen to someone "coach" me on my driving while I'm on the clock getting paid. Although I've probably been driving longer than the "coach" I have no fear of possibly learning something new. In the end I'm still the one who digests the coach's information and decides if it's worthwhile. And as I've said, I'm on the clock all the while. Pick your battles. :smile new:

PS - Those UPS feeder drivers make quite a bit more than us don't they. Don't see too many of them quitting do you.
I am pretty sure they are not allowed to quit. I think it's in the contract right after the part about making sure your socks and underwear match!

I am pretty sure they are not allowed to quit. I think it's in the contract right after the part about making sure your socks and underwear match!

I quit there along time ago. No problem doing so, I just avoided wearing socks and underwear of any kind. In hindsight I realize it was a very dumb move on my part, the quitting I mean. :smile new:

I do not know about you guys but the term "coach" rubs me the wrong way. If I ever take up hobby trucking on the week as a recreational sport than I may need a coach. I actually joke about the guys at Conway having coaches, I am not sure but if a young fella ever climbs in the right side of my tractor and tells me he is going to coach me he might just get a ride that he will never forget! Either that or we might stop for a bathroom break and I might leave before he gets back in the truck, I wonder how many times they would have to send a four wheeler out to pick up a coach before they decided a driver was "uncoachable"?

The only time anybody rubbed me the wrong way was one night at a truckstop in........Oh never mind, I'm starting to go off topic. :hide:

Here at 881 one of the Teamster safety kids gets to window in am for his seniority order dispatch. He looks at bills and throws it back at dispatcher with the comment I am training today.
If you don't like the load use your hand picked position to get upstairs and back under the desk.

Dosen't matter what UPS makes. My point here is once again the Company is pitting one Member against another and I have a major issue with that.
It's not about learning something new or even admitting you made a mistake. There is a right way to do this and a wrong way. And letting another Teamster get paid to "Coach" anybody while I'm giving 15% and 3/4 of my pension pisses me the ______ off! I know what the intentions of some of these Guys are but as far as I'm concerned they have crossed the line. If the Company wants this crap fine, I can't do anything about it. But I'll be DAMNED if I'll have anything to do with it! Don't bother asking me to go sit with another Member and be "Coached" about this crap. Don't waist my time or yours! And if the Safety Dept dosen't like it then dammit they know where I'm at. I can give an ear full as well as listen to their opinion. It will be respectful but they won't like it!

Dosen't matter what UPS makes. My point here is once again the Company is pitting one Member against another and I have a major issue with that. It's not about learning something new or even admitting you made a mistake. There is a right way to do this and a wrong way. And letting another Teamster get paid to "Coach" anybody while I'm giving 15% and 3/4 of my pension pisses me the ______ off! I know what the intentions of some of these Guys are but as far as I'm concerned they have crossed the line. If the Company wants this crap fine, I can't do anything about it. But I'll be DAMNED if I'll have anything to do with it! Don't bother asking me to go sit with another Member and be "Coached" about this crap. Don't waist my time or yours! And if the Safety Dept dosen't like it then dammit they know where I'm at. I can give an ear full as well as listen to their opinion. It will be respectful but they won't like it!

You brought up UPS that's why I responded about UPS.

"Pitting one Member against another"? That appears to be only your opinion that this isn't the "right way". Having a brother Teamster talk to me about my possible driving bad habits is preferable to having someone in management do that. And exactly what does your "giving 15%" have anything whatsoever to do with what assignment another Teamster has? Jealousy perhaps? And how has that person "crossed the line"? You sure put out a whole bunch of bluster over this whole issue but I sure don't understand why. Planning on running for shop steward at your barn maybe? :hide: