Yellow | Camera coaching ?

A's 2. Ridge Sox 1¿¿¿

Ww6a7je.jpg

Unfortunately, that has been tried in the past, and proven not to work very well at all. The "minions" (your term, not mine) will frequently vote for a) folks who are unwilling to effectively do the task; b) folks who are incapable of doing the task; or c) both of a and b. It's unfortunate, but that's reality. The other reality is that some people just have to "stir the pot" instead of taking care of business. If we don't take care of business, FedEx will. They've already shown us that in a very big way. The YRC Safety trainer program was started to help get our injuries, accidents and CSA BASICs numbers down. All of these numbers are too high, and are costing this company a "train-load" of money. That money could be going into our paychecks. Instead it's going into work comp and legal expenses. I'm in favor of putting that cash into our pockets, not the pockets of the doctors and lawyers.
You come in here boasting about your brilliance and intelligence but apparently reading is not your strong point.....no where in my post I mentioned voting. Better hope management doesn't see this they may revoke your "coaching license". Let the peeps pick a fellow employ they fell comfortable to review the incident with. The minions are capable of policing them selves. As for this minion I am happily retired after 42 years ( seven on the dock & 35 on the road) with over 4 million miles plus of accident free miles ( refer to my avatar) and was teamster since 1968, and damn glad of it.........everyone be safe! :1036316054:

You come in here boasting about your brilliance and intelligence but apparently reading is not your strong point.....no where in my post I mentioned voting. Better hope management doesn't see this they may revoke your "coaching license". Let the peeps pick a fellow employ they fell comfortable to review the incident with. The minions are capable of policing them selves. As for this minion I am happily retired after 42 years ( seven on the dock & 35 on the road) with over 4 million miles plus of accident free miles ( refer to my avatar) and was teamster since 1968, and damn glad of it.........everyone be safe! :1036316054:

TH, what exactly is the difference in your eyes between "voting" for someone and "picking" someone? Aren't they basically the same thing? Just curious.

And why the little bit of "attitude"? I don't see where he made any crappy comments toward you in his post.

By the way I congratulate you on your excellent driving record over all those years. If everyone else drove as well and safely as you there would probably be no need for "coaching" would there? Unfortunately we both know that's not the case. Incidentally, I started driving TT in 1966 so I go back even longer than you. Just saying.

TH, what exactly is the difference in your eyes between "voting" for someone and "picking" someone? Aren't they basically the same thing? Just curious.

And why the little bit of "attitude"? I don't see where he made any crappy comments toward you in his post.

By the way I congratulate you on your excellent driving record over all those years. If everyone else drove as well and safely as you there would probably be no need for "coaching" would there? Unfortunately we both know that's not the case. Incidentally, I started driving TT in 1966 so I go back even longer than you. Just saying.
What I meant was there wouldn't be a designated coach and the person could chose anyone in the rank & file he comfortable with to review the incident that was employed at his or her barn.After all you guys had to pass the same requirements to get employment so what difference does it make who a person reviews it with, maybe both parties may learn from it. As I stated before I'm not a big fan of trainers/coaches be hand picked by management concept anyway. I really don't have attitude, just trying make sure things were stated correctly. Thanks for the props.......you be safe....keep on posting. :fat:

Hmmm, you mentioned something about "reading not being [my] strong suit", but in my post there doesn't seem to be any mention of either brilliance or intelligence. So, I have to wonder just who has the reading deficiency? I didn't realize that you are retired after 42 years. What that tells me is that you're mostly "sounding off"; but this doesn't impact you even a little bit. It's your Constitutional right to "sound off", and I congratulate you on your retirement. Perhaps some volunteer work is needing some of your ample free time?

A couple of question for the Safety Trainers:
Do you hold down a bid and do the job you bid?
Are you working overtime performing safety training?

The hand picked kids at 881 ( SLC ) get their OT .
They have even worked a 6th punch ahead of most of the board.
One city driver bid safety kid will refuse his load at the dispatch window if he does not like whats on the load. Tells the dispatcher he is training today and throws the bills back.
The company hired a safety man but he does nothing.
This little arrangement here is starting to create problems for the safety bid kid here.

Hmmm, you mentioned something about "reading not being [my] strong suit", but in my post there doesn't seem to be any mention of either brilliance or intelligence. So, I have to wonder just who has the reading deficiency? I didn't realize that you are retired after 42 years. What that tells me is that you're mostly "sounding off"; but this doesn't impact you even a little bit. It's your Constitutional right to "sound off", and I congratulate you on your retirement. Perhaps some volunteer work is needing some of your ample free time?
A couple of question for the Safety Trainers:
Do you hold down a bid and do the job you bid?
Are you working overtime performing safety training?
................. the Division Safety guy thinks that I'm very fair, cordial, professional and able to make accurate assessments in every individual situation whether the driver needs some advice, or whether DriveCam needs to be challenged. (BTW, I've sent in a substantial number of challenges, and been upheld on nearly all of them.) b) I have a strong interest in helping get this company's BASICs scores lowered; c) I have enough computer savvy to perform the task; d) I understand the meaning of "confidential", an absolute requirement for this task.Thanks but no thanks on the volunteering, as for reading remarks I would like to hear you answer Barts question. As far as the " sounding off " remark what do you call what your preaching?

................. the Division Safety guy thinks that I'm very fair, cordial, professional and able to make accurate assessments in every individual situation whether the driver needs some advice, or whether DriveCam needs to be challenged. (BTW, I've sent in a substantial number of challenges, and been upheld on nearly all of them.) b) I have a strong interest in helping get this company's BASICs scores lowered; c) I have enough computer savvy to perform the task; d) I understand the meaning of "confidential", an absolute requirement for this task.Thanks but no thanks on the volunteering, as for reading remarks I would like to hear you answer Barts question. As far as the " sounding off " remark what do you call what your preaching?
"What do you call your preaching"???
Not company sponsored for one thing!!!!

The hand picked kids at 881 ( SLC ) get their OT .
They have even worked a 6th punch ahead of most of the board.
One city driver bid safety kid will refuse his load at the dispatch window if he does not like whats on the load. Tells the dispatcher he is training today and throws the bills back.
The company hired a safety man but he does nothing.
This little arrangement here is starting to create problems for the safety bid kid here.
I have no idea what goes on at SLC, but that's not how things work in my corner of the world. I do safety trainer stuff on a regular schedule, and the others around the country who I'm acquainted with do the same thing. Some of us are on Monday morning, some on Tuesday and I know of one guy who does Thursday morning. My regular work (a lot of it, actually) has to get done. The "throw it back because I don't like it" simply doesn't happen.

The more I hear, I think that YOU ought to step up and be a Safety Trainer, a DriveCam reviewer, and maybe a Steward too. How 'bout it??
Please read earlier post. Not qualified to be a trainer, (Don't like judging co-workers for the company), Will never look at drive cam video, And we have a Great Steward where I work. (Great Asst Steward also)
Sorry Mr. All you get is my colorful, Wonderful opinion on this subject!!!

Just drive right and you won't have to worry about camera coaching
Generally agreed, but even the folks who "drive right" may have an "off" moment that gets captured in living color. It happens! The ones to be concerned about are those who repeatedly have the same issues come up.

I have no idea what goes on at SLC, but that's not how things work in my corner of the world. I do safety trainer stuff on a regular schedule, and the others around the country who I'm acquainted with do the same thing. Some of us are on Monday morning, some on Tuesday and I know of one guy who does Thursday morning. My regular work (a lot of it, actually) has to get done. The "throw it back because I don't like it" simply doesn't happen.
I think it does happen. Jmo. Say joe blow has a hard one for joe scmole. Behind closed doors. Teamsters need to be on the same page. Put management in middle one of the joe' is subject to go.

I think it does happen. Jmo. Say joe blow has a hard one for joe scmole. Behind closed doors. Teamsters need to be on the same page. Put management in middle one of the joe' is subject to go.
Thank you for joining the forum and "piping in" on this sensitive subject. I agree that EVERYONE not just the brethren) needs to be on the same page. This company is in trouble, and has been for years. Between a host of incredibly flawed decisions by executive management, a number of incompetent people , a fairly high number of people who don't do a very good job, a lesser number who just don't care (unless they lose their job), an aged fleet because of a lack of funds to renew that fleet (see flawed decisions above), economic factors that we really had no control over, competition that's normal to the industry, deregulation decades ago, etc. etc.; things are not good. To make matters worse, apathy and lack of training of new hires is killing us. I firmly believe in the recent initiatives that transferred safety and training functions from management to the rank-and-file. I think those initiatives are a badly-needed "shot in the arm". What annoys the %$#@ out of me is that the people who are raising a ruckus about it are substantially the same group who earlier complained that management has no idea what we do. In other words, this group wants to complain about method A, then want to complain about the opposite method B. Final analysis: they just want to complain! I'm really tired of their noise.