Yellow | Camera coaching ?

Thank you for joining the forum and "piping in" on this sensitive subject. I agree that EVERYONE not just the brethren) needs to be on the same page. This company is in trouble, and has been for years. Between a host of incredibly flawed decisions by executive management, a number of incompetent people , a fairly high number of people who don't do a very good job, a lesser number who just don't care (unless they lose their job), an aged fleet because of a lack of funds to renew that fleet (see flawed decisions above), economic factors that we really had no control over, competition that's normal to the industry, deregulation decades ago, etc. etc.; things are not good. To make matters worse, apathy and lack of training of new hires is killing us. I firmly believe in the recent initiatives that transferred safety and training functions from management to the rank-and-file. I think those initiatives are a badly-needed "shot in the arm". What annoys the %$#@ out of me is that the people who are raising a ruckus about it are substantially the same group who earlier complained that management has no idea what we do. In other words, this group wants to complain about method A, then want to complain about the opposite method B. Final analysis: they just want to complain! I'm really tired of their noise.

You realize that they're the same people who will say "vote no, let them close the doors" but yet they sheepishly come to work every day instead of having the courage of their convictions by leaving and going to one of those "better jobs" that are out there.

Thank you for joining the forum and "piping in" on this sensitive subject. I agree that EVERYONE not just the brethren) needs to be on the same page. This company is in trouble, and has been for years. Between a host of incredibly flawed decisions by executive management, a number of incompetent people , a fairly high number of people who don't do a very good job, a lesser number who just don't care (unless they lose their job), an aged fleet because of a lack of funds to renew that fleet (see flawed decisions above), economic factors that we really had no control over, competition that's normal to the industry, deregulation decades ago, etc. etc.; things are not good. To make matters worse, apathy and lack of training of new hires is killing us. I firmly believe in the recent initiatives that transferred safety and training functions from management to the rank-and-file. I think those initiatives are a badly-needed "shot in the arm". What annoys the %$#@ out of me is that the people who are raising a ruckus about it are substantially the same group who earlier complained that management has no idea what we do. In other words, this group wants to complain about method A, then want to complain about the opposite method B. Final analysis: they just want to complain! I'm really tired of their noise.
Point im making is some have issues with others. Going to hr tm (management) lot of backstabbing goin on for benefit. Just doesnt sit well with me. Seen sveral of acusations being thrown at brothers and then to be proven wrong makes for some hard feelins.

Question; How many drivers does it take to change a burnt out light bulb?
Answer; None. Because they will all just sit there in the dark complaining about the the fact the the light bulb is burnt out. Truck drivers bit#h about everything, its what they do, they have made a career out of it. Capiche ?

Last edited:
There are YRC freight drivers named as defendants in lawsuits at this moment. Don't think for a moment that YRC will vigorously defend your interests following an accident , they won't, they will do everything in their power to reduce their liability, and if in doing so this increases your liability, so be it.

They have put thought into this, and so should you.
Great post.

the %$#@ out of me is that the people who are raising a ruckus about it are substantially the same group who earlier complained thatmanagement has no idea what we do. In other words, this group wants to complain about method A, then want to complain about the opposite method B. Final analysis: they just want to complain! I'm really tired of their noise.
Yea I am complaining about "Method"! The "method" of pitting one Teamster against another. What shocks a lot of us is that People like you not only don't get it. You think anything management does is the cure all for all the woes we have! I didn't trust management when they ran us into the ground. Why should I trust them now? And why should I be forced to listen to anyone who is self appointed or company appointed to judge me about any damn thing? Safety or otherwise?
WHO THE HELL DIED AND PROMOTED ANY OF YOU BUMS TO god??????
Have you turned your card in? Are you management? Are you Stewards? Asst Stewards? B.A.'s? NO? Then pound sand!!!!

You realize that they're the same people who will say "vote no, let them close the doors" but yet they sheepishly come to work every day instead of having the courage of their convictions by leaving and going to one of those "better jobs" that are out there.
Hope your not talking about me Triplex. If so please get your facts right!

You know. If we can keep this camera coaching thread going, it could have more pages to it than the snarky thread..."....
Gladys who works at I P Freelys Soda Fountain in the mall in Valdosta,Georgia who has a twin sister Ethel who is a waitress at Who Goosed the Moose Diner Club in Overland Park Kansas said she waited on King James and Princess Jamie and overheard them discussing outsourcing the coaches/trainer program, said peeps would review their incident with someone in India via Skype. :stirthepot:

Update at 881 ( SLC )
The safety Teamster here now has another problem besides his city load. The list is growing with his fellow workers who have had about a gut full of his ::shit::.
Hope he don't trip and fall in the parking lot....

There are YRC freight drivers named as defendants in lawsuits at this moment. Don't think for a moment that YRC will vigorously defend your interests following an accident , they won't, they will do everything in their power to reduce their liability, and if in doing so this increases your liability, so be it.

They have put thought into this, and so should you.
I am aware of ONE driver who is a lawsuit defendant, although I suspect that there are more out there. In this particular driver's case, that camera would have saved his bacon provided that his story is accurate.

Update at 881 ( SLC )
The safety Teamster here now has another problem besides his city load. The list is growing with his fellow workers who have had about a gut full of his :::shit:::.
Hope he don't trip and fall in the parking lot....
You had best hope that he doesn't "trip an fall" in the parking lot or anywhere else! I know what you're alluding to, and unless you care to answer to the FBI and other Federal investigators, I suggest that type of conversation come to a screeching halt. Yes, I'm serious!

the %$#@ out of me is that the people who are raising a ruckus about it are substantially the same group who earlier complained thatmanagement has no idea what we do. In other words, this group wants to complain about method A, then want to complain about the opposite method B. Final analysis: they just want to complain! I'm really tired of their noise.
Yea I am complaining about "Method"! The "method" of pitting one Teamster against another. What shocks a lot of us is that People like you not only don't get it. You think anything management does is the cure all for all the woes we have! I didn't trust management when they ran us into the ground. Why should I trust them now? And why should I be forced to listen to anyone who is self appointed or company appointed to judge me about any damn thing? Safety or otherwise?
WHO THE HELL DIED AND PROMOTED ANY OF YOU BUMS TO god??????
Have you turned your card in? Are you management? Are you Stewards? Asst Stewards? B.A.'s? NO? Then pound sand!!!!
Tsk, tsk; you can't make a valid point with facts, so you have to resort to personal attacks. Sorry to tell you, but your "slip is showing". Not only have you clearly shown that you're out in left field (as in very far off-base), but here's some facts to scare the living daylights out of you:
1) The choice to turn the safety functions over to the rank-and-file wasn't made lightly. According to the "higher-ups" who explained it to me, they realized that we know far more about what goes on behind the wheel than they do.
2) It was substantially the executive management that ran us "into the ground"; that I agree with. Sadly, they had lots of help from SOME of the rank-and-file. Some of the management became as frustrated as many of us at what they were seeing (James Welch was among them). They left the company, many of them to Con-Way.
3) In case you haven't heard, we have a target on our collective back from FMCSA because of vehicle maintenance problems. Some of it is due to "old" equipment, but most of it is due to inadequate pre-trip inspections. One of the reasons that we have Safety trainers from the rank-and-file is to make a show of good faith to FMCSA that we as a company are aggressively tackling these problems, which we as a company are doing.
4) I can't speak for ALL of the Safety trainers across the company, but certainly can for myself. Anytime you would like to compare resumes, just let me know.
5) Have I turned in my card? Actually, my Local hasn't issued paper dues receipts for many years. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that I have "held a card" far longer than you have (think mid-1970s).
6) Since you refer to "us" as bums, let's compare photographs and resumes. Are you "in"?

'Nuff said?

3) In case you haven't heard, we have a target on our collective back from FMCSA because of vehicle maintenance problems. Some of it is due to "old" equipment, but most of it is due to inadequate pre-trip inspections. One of the reasons that we have Safety trainers from the rank-and-file is to make a show of good faith to FMCSA that we as a company are aggressively tackling these problems, which we as a company are doing.
While a good pretrip is important, it is of no use if the equipment is repaired to bare minimum standards, I would suggest a safety lane where you actually had mechanics looking under the trucks, which is where most oos citations come from. I don't think anybody is against the cameras but it is not a Teamsters job or place to correct another teamster. that said most trainers I have met or had dealings with over the years are self important blowhards that would be better suited to office work than trying to correct all that is wrong in trucking

While a good pretrip is important, it is of no use if the equipment is repaired to bare minimum standards, I would suggest a safety lane where you actually had mechanics looking under the trucks, which is where most oos citations come from. I don't think anybody is against the cameras but it is not a Teamsters job or place to correct another teamster. that said most trainers I have met or had dealings with over the years are self important blowhards that would be better suited to office work than trying to correct all that is wrong in trucking
Actually, of the five most reported OOS violations that YRC has suffered, three of them are LIGHTS! Isn't that sad? As for the trainers, I can tell you that I and my immediate colleagues try very hard to dispel the notions that you've mentioned. I can't speak for everyone in the system on that, because I just don't know.

Tsk, tsk; you can't make a valid point with facts, so you have to resort to personal attacks. Sorry to tell you, but your "slip is showing". Not only have you clearly shown that you're out in left field (as in very far off-base), but here's some facts to scare the living daylights out of you:
1) The choice to turn the safety functions over to the rank-and-file wasn't made lightly. According to the "higher-ups" who explained it to me, they realized that we know far more about what goes on behind the wheel than they do.
2) It was substantially the executive management that ran us "into the ground"; that I agree with. Sadly, they had lots of help from SOME of the rank-and-file. Some of the management became as frustrated as many of us at what they were seeing (James Welch was among them). They left the company, many of them to Con-Way.
4) I can't speak for ALL of the Safety trainers across the company, but certainly can for myself. Anytime you would like to compare resumes, just let me know.
5) Have I turned in my card? Actually, my Local hasn't issued paper dues receipts for many years. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that I have "held a card" far longer than you have (think mid-1970s).
6) Since you refer to "us" as bums, let's compare photographs and resumes. Are you "in"?

'Nuff said?
Eloquently AND accurately stated. There are some here who naively believe that the '80s and '90s didn't occur. And what those decades caused is irrelevant. We must face the current reality. When you don't control the industry, you cannot control your destiny.
Training takes a skill set that average Teamsters either don't possess or are unwilling to learn. Training and the men and women who train have this skill set AND are willing and capable of using it. If the trainers that your facility uses are condescending or smug, then your facility is wasting everyone's time. And should re-examine their criteria for who is qualified to train.
I trained for many years for Roadway Express. And I feel confident that the, literally hundreds of current employees, learned something from me. And I know for a FACT that I learned many things, that I incorporated into my training program, from them. To all who have graciously taken the time and effort to share your knowledge with others, THANK YOU!

Actually, of the five most reported OOS violations that YRC has suffered, three of them are LIGHTS! Isn't that sad? As for the trainers, I can tell you that I and my immediate colleagues try very hard to dispel the notions that you've mentioned. I can't speak for everyone in the system on that, because I just don't know
lights, tires, and brakes are the top 3 out of service violations according to the YRC, CSA reports. If the driver is doing a proper pretrip, for the most part the defect would be found before leaving the yard.

Actually, of the five most reported OOS violations that YRC has suffered, three of them are LIGHTS! Isn't that sad? As for the trainers, I can tell you that I and my immediate colleagues try very hard to dispel the notions that you've mentioned. I can't speak for everyone in the system on that, because I just don't know.
Most here would be well served to go to the Safer website and look at the data!
Light violations ARE far and away the most frequently cited violations And that is disgraceful. Do a proper PTI, and if there is a defect take it to the shop for repair.