Yellow | Camera coaching ?

Yes I am! For this simple reason, THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE!!
I'll take 100 letters before I will be part of a system set up by management that could put a Teamster against another!
I'd rather be at the panel then at the Union hall bringing charges against someone!
Maybe there are some out there who need a refresher on what it means to be a Teamster!!!!!
You know LV, it looks like you just shot yourself in the foot! You would never receive 100 letters. They would have bounced you out of there before it got anywhere near that far. As for the charges against a brother Teamster, I had one of my colleagues threaten exactly that. My response was: please do! He got very quiet because he knew he had been trumped. As for some folks needing a refresher course, I agree! Here's some of that refresher course:
1) We are Teamsters-we strive to improve the wages, working conditions and lives of our members.
2) This is the de-regulated trucking industry, and has been for over 35 years. For us to enjoy top-of-the-line wages, working conditions and benefits, we have to do a better job than our non-union counterparts. This is because we are competing for the same customers as those non-union companies, and the customer's most important criteria for selecting a freight carrier is: $$$ they have to spend to get their freight moved.
3) XPO (formerly ConWay) has cameras in their equipment that face inward as well as outward. They don't have a contract, they don't have a grievance mechanism that has any teeth in it, and they don't have any recourse when their management "calls them on the carpet" for a camera event. We have Teamsters reviewing our outward-facing (only) camera events, helping our drivers to do a better job. This in turn helps to reduce our cost of accident claims and lawsuit liability, which in turn helps to pay our wages and benefits. Which way would you REALLY rather have it? This seems like a no-brainer to me.
4) Being a Teamster is a proud legacy. Unfortunately, for entirely too many, that's all it is: a legacy. The dynamics of this industry have changed considerably in the last 35 years, and those changes have not benefited us. It isn't pleasant, but it is reality.
5) The leadership of this Union hasn't done us many favors; some, but not many. If you think that their primary concern is to look out for our interests, please pull your head out of the sand. Those people are looking out for themselves above all else. Just take a look at what's happened in the Boston Locals, most of the NY/NJ Locals, Local 710, and some of the California Locals. Charges brought and upheld for bringing reproach on the Union, theft, embezzlement, grossly failing to serve their members, etc. etc. That is a significant part of the reason that they are having such difficulty organizing the non-Union barns.
6) In the 21st century, Teamster pride means taking pride in what you do, taking ownership of our circumstances, and working hard to improve our perilous situation. That must be our mission, or we will "go down in flames".

You know LV, it looks like you just shot yourself in the foot! You would never receive 100 letters. They would have bounced you out of there before it got anywhere near that far. As for the charges against a brother Teamster, I had one of my colleagues threaten exactly that. My response was: please do! He got very quiet because he knew he had been trumped. As for some folks needing a refresher course, I agree! Here's some of that refresher course:
1) We are Teamsters-we strive to improve the wages, working conditions and lives of our members.
2) This is the de-regulated trucking industry, and has been for over 35 years. For us to enjoy top-of-the-line wages, working conditions and benefits, we have to do a better job than our non-union counterparts. This is because we are competing for the same customers as those non-union companies, and the customer's most important criteria for selecting a freight carrier is: $$$ they have to spend to get their freight moved.
3) XPO (formerly ConWay) has cameras in their equipment that face inward as well as outward. They don't have a contract, they don't have a grievance mechanism that has any teeth in it, and they don't have any recourse when their management "calls them on the carpet" for a camera event. We have Teamsters reviewing our outward-facing (only) camera events, helping our drivers to do a better job. This in turn helps to reduce our cost of accident claims and lawsuit liability, which in turn helps to pay our wages and benefits. Which way would you REALLY rather have it? This seems like a no-brainer to me.
4) Being a Teamster is a proud legacy. Unfortunately, for entirely too many, that's all it is: a legacy. The dynamics of this industry have changed considerably in the last 35 years, and those changes have not benefited us. It isn't pleasant, but it is reality.
5) The leadership of this Union hasn't done us many favors; some, but not many. If you think that their primary concern is to look out for our interests, please pull your head out of the sand. Those people are looking out for themselves above all else. Just take a look at what's happened in the Boston Locals, most of the NY/NJ Locals, Local 710, and some of the California Locals. Charges brought and upheld for bringing reproach on the Union, theft, embezzlement, grossly failing to serve their members, etc. etc. That is a significant part of the reason that they are having such difficulty organizing the non-Union barns.
6) In the 21st century, Teamster pride means taking pride in what you do, taking ownership of our circumstances, and working hard to improve our perilous situation. That must be our mission, or we will "go down in flames".

Beautifully and accurately stated. Well done. :clapping: :clapping:

Has anyone out there actually been coached, and felt like the driver coaching him stabbed him in the back ??? Just asking for honest answers.....

I said all I'm going to say on this issue. It gets kinda old repeating the same answers to the same questions. I know what you think & you know my opinion. I'lI deal with things when the time comes. But I will say in closing that any Teamster who turns another Teamster in to the company for something like what we are talking about is not a Teamster, Not a Brother/Sister, And in my humble opinion is less than pond scum. Never though I would see the day when not only will members try to justify them selfs to be in a position over their brothers by being a self appionted "coach" and be proud of it & see nothing wrong in what they are doing but would run to management and be a Rat Bastard and trun a Brother in for something STUPID like this issue.
What in the hell is the matter with you People? If you don't understand the problem I guess you never will.

I said all I'm going to say on this issue. It gets kinda old repeating the same answers to the same questions. I know what you think & you know my opinion. I'lI deal with things when the time comes. But I will say in closing that any Teamster who turns another Teamster in to the company for something like what we are talking about is not a Teamster, Not a Brother/Sister, And in my humble opinion is less than pond scum. Never though I would see the day when not only will members try to justify them selfs to be in a position over their brothers by being a self appionted "coach" and be proud of it & see nothing wrong in what they are doing but would run to management and be a Rat Bastard and trun a Brother in for something STUPID like this issue.
What in the hell is the matter with you People? If you don't understand the problem I guess you never will.
Forget bout
Has anyone out there actually been coached, and felt like the driver coaching him stabbed him in the back ??? Just asking for honest answers.....
boutIfboutI
Bickering 101! Reminds me of forums of another sort.
Very well said. My grandad and my father would wood laugh amongst other things if i confided that i got coached by a teamster on the job. I think its one more leverage when company wants or asks for something else. Company working with us in any way shape or form shoudnt be there we got a contract and look forward instead of where we are at. Need to get our ssheitetogether. Cant help if i cant write or spell rite. Im just a truck driver. Yeehaw!

Forget bout

boutIfboutI

Very well said. My grandad and my father would wood laugh amongst other things if i confided that i got coached by a teamster on the job. I think its one more leverage when company wants or asks for something else. Company working with us in any way shape or form shoudnt be there we got a contract and look forward instead of where we are at. Need to get our ssheitetogether. Cant help if i cant write or spell rite. Im just a truck driver. Yeehaw!
I will figure technology out one of these days. Yeehaw!

Forget bout

boutIfboutI

soh eye gess dat is know 2 mie queshtun???

Shame I could only like it once