Yellow | Camera coaching ?

You brought up UPS that's why I responded about UPS.

"Pitting one Member against another"? That appears to be only your opinion that this isn't the "right way". Having a brother Teamster talk to me about my possible driving bad habits is preferable to having someone in management do that. And exactly what does your "giving 15%" have anything whatsoever to do with what assignment another Teamster has? Jealousy perhaps? And how has that person "crossed the line"? You sure put out a whole bunch of bluster over this whole issue but I sure don't understand why. Planning on running for shop steward at your barn maybe? :hide:
Wow! I can't believe I'm not making my point.
Lets try this.
What happens to the information collected by the "Coach". Is it thrown out and forgot about? Or is it collected and kept by the Company to possibly be used against someone at a later date?
Remember I'm not trying to protect a possible bad driver but as a Union Member I will NEVER do anything to harm another member.(I remember reading that somewhere, Don't you Guys?) If I work with someone who has a problem and it effects me I might take that Brother aside and say something but to do the Company's dirty work? Not this Bum!
As for being Jealous? Triplex you couldn't pay me enough to be a coach! And my opinion of someone who is goes down in a real hurry.
Now for the 15% question. If this Company has money to pay someone to be a damn "coach" then they can pay everyone full rate!
Shop Steward? Been one. We have a Great Steward and Asst Steward here in Allentown and I would never think of running against them! They do a hell of a job!
I object to anything the Company does that might do harm to another Brother. And to have another member help in this is wrong. Weither he knows it or not.

Wow! I can't believe I'm not making my point.
Lets try this.
What happens to the information collected by the "Coach". Is it thrown out and forgot about? Or is it collected and kept by the Company to possibly be used against someone at a later date?
Remember I'm not trying to protect a possible bad driver but as a Union Member I will NEVER do anything to harm another member.(I remember reading that somewhere, Don't you Guys?) If I work with someone who has a problem and it effects me I might take that Brother aside and say something but to do the Company's dirty work? Not this Bum!
As for being Jealous? Triplex you couldn't pay me enough to be a coach! And my opinion of someone who is goes down in a real hurry.
Now for the 15% question. If this Company has money to pay someone to be a damn "coach" then they can pay everyone full rate!
Shop Steward? Been one. We have a Great Steward and Asst Steward here in Allentown and I would never think of running against them! They do a hell of a job!
I object to anything the Company does that might do harm to another Brother. And to have another member help in this is wrong. Weither he knows it or not.

LV, it's your interpretation that any of this "coaching" activity will "do harm" to another member. It's already been stated somewhere in another thread that none of this "coaching" will in any way be used for any discipline or stored anywhere for that purpose. As long as that's the case I don't see a problem. I started driving TT fifty years ago this year - in 1966 for the first time - and I'm not at all afraid to hear someone give a critique of my driving in the way it's being implemented here. After I hear what the "coach" has to say to me, and all while I'm on the clock, I'll decide for myself if it's relevant. Maybe I'll learn something and maybe not, so what, I'm getting paid for my time anyway. To me this is something not worth making a big deal about but I can see others think differently.

Coach... Hahaha. This whole thing is ridiculous. How many years do you have to be here to get coached? Hehehehe.... I will help anyone what asks. Pickup a skid that fell over... Move a skid. Pickup something that is too heavy. But I will NEVER tell anyone how to do anything there.... unless they ask. But most know what we are doing.
Did I say ridiculous? Ya. I did. I just wish they would treat us all with respect and the same way. Good or bad. Just do your job.... management.... we will do ours.
And life goes on. They make a simple job into a difficult one. And boy do they.
That simple... Period.

LV, it's your interpretation that any of this "coaching" activity will "do harm" to another member. It's already been stated somewhere in another thread that none of this "coaching" will in any way be used for any discipline or stored anywhere for that purpose. As long as that's the case I don't see a problem. I started driving TT fifty years ago this year - in 1966 for the first time - and I'm not at all afraid to hear someone give a critique of my driving in the way it's being implemented here. After I hear what the "coach" has to say to me, and all while I'm on the clock, I'll decide for myself if it's relevant. Maybe I'll learn something and maybe not, so what, I'm getting paid for my time anyway. To me this is something not worth making a big deal about but I can see others think differently.
"Will not be used for discipline or stored" Maybe for now. But as this technology improves I can't believe someone somewhere won't use it.
Try to look at things as they might be 5-10 years down the road.
That is what really scares me about the technology! I wish more people could see it in that respect.
Triplex if you saw I was doing something stupid out on the road and you said something to me I would have no problem with it. Not because you are Triplex!!! LOL! But because nobody else was involved. Company, Union, Another driver, Your Mother, My Great Uncle!!!! You get my point. I am of the opinion that one day the Company might try to use this to go after someone. And to have Teamsters involved for what ever reason scares me. to have a rift between Brothers because of something like this? Kill it before it starts, That's my humble opinion.

"Will not be used for discipline or stored" Maybe for now. But as this technology improves I can't believe someone somewhere won't use it.
Try to look at things as they might be 5-10 years down the road.
That is what really scares me about the technology! I wish more people could see it in that respect.
Triplex if you saw I was doing something stupid out on the road and you said something to me I would have no problem with it. Not because you are Triplex!!! LOL! But because nobody else was involved. Company, Union, Another driver, Your Mother, My Great Uncle!!!! You get my point. I am of the opinion that one day the Company might try to use this to go after someone. And to have Teamsters involved for what ever reason scares me. to have a rift between Brothers because of something like this? Kill it before it starts, That's my humble opinion.

LV, I get where you're coming from wondering what might happen years from now. We have to watch carefully to make sure it stays just the way it's presented. No problem there. When I was feeder driver at UPS over forty years ago they had already been using Tacographs to record tractor speed, rpm's, distance traveled, etc. They were not allowed to use any of that information to discipline drivers. I could be wrong but I don't think that has changed.

Tachoscheibe.jpg

LV, I get where you're coming from wondering what might happen years from now. We have to watch carefully to make sure it stays just the way it's presented. No problem there. When I was feeder driver at UPS over forty years ago they had already been using Tacographs to record tractor speed, rpm's, distance traveled, etc. They were not allowed to use any of that information to discipline drivers. I could be wrong but I don't think that has changed.

Tachoscheibe.jpg
Will it one day become so bad that a driver must almost have to be perfect? Thank GOD I don't have to long to go!

For those who are not opposed to the "coaching"sessions let me pose this question, what happens if the so called coaching session becomes a conflict that results in a fight? I guess in this situation both teamsters are fired? We have some real hotheads that do not take criticism well and could definitely turn into an ugly situation. This was one of the main concerns Fred Zuckerman objected to which he informed the company we would not be participating in it.

Tachoscheibe.jpg
Tacograph? Is that one of those trucks you can get tacos? I like those.

The only time anybody rubbed me the wrong way was one night at a truckstop in........Oh never mind, I'm starting to go off topic. :hide:
Better stop that, they call that a tangent and I have been informed that it is "frowned upon". I have also been informed the "clown show" must end. This is almost getting to be as much fun as going to work, which it is that time, see you out on the slap shortly. Stay safe boys!

You brought up UPS that's why I responded about UPS.

"Pitting one Member against another"? That appears to be only your opinion that this isn't the "right way". Having a brother Teamster talk to me about my possible driving bad habits is preferable to having someone in management do that. And exactly what does your "giving 15%" have anything whatsoever to do with what assignment another Teamster has? Jealousy perhaps? And how has that person "crossed the line"? You sure put out a whole bunch of bluster over this whole issue but I sure don't understand why. Planning on running for shop steward at your barn maybe? :hide:
A lot of our brothers act and drive like dicks out there on the highways, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, just stating a fact. Many of the non union company drivers show more respect and drive better than many of our brothers that we don't want to offend.

A lot of our brothers act and drive like dicks out there on the highways, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, just stating a fact. Many of the non union company drivers show more respect and drive better than many of our brothers that we don't want to offend.
I guess, just imagine no camera in your tractor, but the district safety man does a ride along with you one day. Bet your driving totally different than when alone....

Forgive my interjection here, but I have an opinion on a couple of points.

First, in regards to Teamster vs. Teamster, I don't see how one member is in any way against another just by critiquing things in a video. Unless the member being critiqued gets his panties in a knot, there should be no issue. And unless you take the criticism personally (as opposed to professionally) that shouldn't happen.

Second, in regard to the company using the footage or coaching session against you, the agreement between the union and the company very expressly prohibits this. To believe this would change assumes the union would permit that, and though the Teamster leadership is wanting right now, they have to know that selling members up the river like that would never be acceptable.

Third, in regard to the cameras themselves, give it a decade and they'll be mandatory. I wouldn't be surprised if personal vehicles don't require them in that time. It's all about liability costs. I don't agree with it, but I don't agree with a lot of things the government forces on people.