Yellow | Camera coaching ?

If you are called in to be disciplined for something that happened on the video, say nothing except to want Union representation, if they plan to discipline you. Then remind your union representative that you were told by the union that YRC can use the cameras for anything except disciplinary action. Or was that just more b#llsh#t, like if you work like a dog for 25 years you will get a pension.

Why did you work like a dog in the first place? That's not in the contract. :hide:

Bigtruk, if the company really wanted to hassle drivers they wouldn't need to install cameras in the trucks. They could just follow a driver with a dash cam in the car and record how he drives. They could build a case against a person for unsafe driving very easily that way. Correcting someone's unsafe driving habits benefits all of us doesn't it? Don't your family members drive on the same roads as those drivers? If an unsafe truck driver hurt someone in your family would you give him a pass just because he's a brother Teamster?

Drivers at 309 are being followed and given letters, without video, for talking on the phone and other unsafe driving incidents while on the road. And I argee that any and all drivers should be held accountable for thier actions union or otherwise.

Bigtruk, if the company really wanted to hassle drivers they wouldn't need to install cameras in the trucks. They could just follow a driver with a dash cam in the car and record how he drives. They could build a case against a person for unsafe driving very easily that way. Correcting someone's unsafe driving habits benefits all of us doesn't it? Don't your family members drive on the same roads as those drivers? If an unsafe truck driver hurt someone in your family would you give him a pass just because he's a brother Teamster?
But why drive around when they got a camera in the truck?

The fact that you consider the Smith System useless tells me all I need to know about how professional you are as a driver. Sorry.
Not only was it useless (Nothing more than Insurance Ind standards) The people who gave it were just as useless!
Hope that helps you opinion of me!

The COO hearing had only to do with how the merge would affect the work/workers at each individual location after the companies were merged. As I've said already, there was nothing in our contract to impose any restrictions on the ability of YRCW to merge the two companies.
Can YRC purchase ABF?

Drivers at 309 are being followed and given letters, without video, for talking on the phone and other unsafe driving incidents while on the road. And I argee that any and all drivers should be held accountable for thier actions union or otherwise.
tutone710 said:
Mud must be sleeping one off. He is grammar (⊙▃⊙). Tacograph that's funny.

Their.

Can YRC purchase ABF?

The MOU added some conditions if YRC bought any additional companies.

"9. Work Preservation
For the avoidance of doubt, the work preservation
provisions of the Restructuring Agreement will continue to apply for the term of this
Extension Agreement. In addition, the Employer agrees not to buy any union or non-
union regular route common carrier entity without the prior approval of TNFINC."

I stand by my opinion and position for the reasons given. It is not your (Or anyone else's) place to be involved with something set up and controlled by management. As info, I would most likely have a completly different point of view if the Union came up with the ideal and controlled every part of it. The possibility of a "Coach" being used by the company to do harm to another Brother is unacceptible. What will you do if called to testify in open Court against a fellow Member? Or have information collected by you used at the Panel? Think it could never happen? Why take the risk?
This has nothing to do with being hardheaded, Hotheaded, a troublemaker, Or anything else. Let management run THEIR program if they want it so much. How much money has the company put into this? Don't think for one minute they are not going to use it at some point to letter or discharge a Member! If for no other reason this program pits AND puts one Teamster over another! It goes against everything I understand about Brotherhood!
Until Websters rewrites the meaning of Brotherhood and Trade Unionism my position will not change! And as for the rest? I'll deal with it when the time comes. But just like K.K. said, Do me harm and I'm going after your card! It's not a threat. It's a statement of fact!
I applied for for a driving position, nothing more nothing less.

Not only was it useless (Nothing more than Insurance Ind standards) The people who gave it were just as useless!
Hope that helps you opinion of me!

You're probably a nice enough guy in person. Just seems like you're a bit too close minded though and not open to new ideas or suggestions. :smile new:

Can the camera explain how a driver run 120,000 plus miles a year and log delay time, impassable hwy, breakdown etc,etc,etc. Are the safety team/coaches coaching any of thoes events?

We're not doing it in Louisville, steward had concerns about pitting brother against brother and our local president Fred Zuckerman backed him up on it. There will be no teamster coaching teamsters in Louisville.

So what would Fred prefer to have management review these and issue discipline vs. having a fellow driver reviewing these ?

Dosen't matter what UPS makes. My point here is once again the Company is pitting one Member against another and I have a major issue with that.
It's not about learning something new or even admitting you made a mistake. There is a right way to do this and a wrong way. And letting another Teamster get paid to "Coach" anybody while I'm giving 15% and 3/4 of my pension pisses me the ______ off! I know what the intentions of some of these Guys are but as far as I'm concerned they have crossed the line. If the Company wants this crap fine, I can't do anything about it. But I'll be DAMNED if I'll have anything to do with it! Don't bother asking me to go sit with another Member and be "Coached" about this crap. Don't waist my time or yours! And if the Safety Dept dosen't like it then dammit they know where I'm at. I can give an ear full as well as listen to their opinion. It will be respectful but they won't like it!

If your are on the clock management can review these videos correct and there anything we can do

The fact that YOU call a driver in for a review, and the fact that they can be ORDERED by the company puts you in a conflict of interest.
I disagree with your "take" on this. The reason that a manager will direct a reluctant employee to a review is because the reviewer doesn't have the authority to ORDER them to it. What I can't understand is why some of you are SO rigid that you can't let a peer-administered program work. This is what we've been seeking for years! Now that we have it, some of you have to take issue with it. I'm convinced that some of you simply have to have something to complain about ALWAYS! Face the facts; this company is no "bed of roses". But the way most of us see it, any function that we can get management out of is likely to run better with a Teamster holding the reins. This function is no exception.

Can the camera explain how a driver run 120,000 plus miles a year and log delay time, impassable hwy, breakdown etc,etc,etc. Are the safety team/coaches coaching any of thoes events?

Good question, makes you wonder why YRC is not investing in any ELD's. Do they not plan on being in business that long? And dont want to waste any more of the 15% kickback money, when they will could just pocket the cash. I belive the ELD mandate is 12-01-17.

Wow! I can't believe I'm not making my point.
Lets try this.
What happens to the information collected by the "Coach". Is it thrown out and forgot about? Or is it collected and kept by the Company to possibly be used against someone at a later date?
Remember I'm not trying to protect a possible bad driver but as a Union Member I will NEVER do anything to harm another member.(I remember reading that somewhere, Don't you Guys?) If I work with someone who has a problem and it effects me I might take that Brother aside and say something but to do the Company's dirty work? Not this Bum!
As for being Jealous? Triplex you couldn't pay me enough to be a coach! And my opinion of someone who is goes down in a real hurry.
Now for the 15% question. If this Company has money to pay someone to be a damn "coach" then they can pay everyone full rate!
Shop Steward? Been one. We have a Great Steward and Asst Steward here in Allentown and I would never think of running against them! They do a hell of a job!
I object to anything the Company does that might do harm to another Brother. And to have another member help in this is wrong. Weither he knows it or not.

I am confused how can these videos hurt a fellow member when there is Teamster coaching another Teamster there is no way discipline can be issued so how does a brother gets hurt ?

OK…this is why NO Union member should be coaching another one.

This dash cam system was installed by the COMPANY….We have been told by the COMPANY that there will be no discipline issued in regards to what is on the camera (Side Note: This is also the same COMPANY that stated they would keep Roadway & Yellow separate brands and NEVER merge them)

Now you get called into the office for a “coaching" session by a Union member, Steward, or even an officer from your Local union. You tell them you had rather not and walk away. Later the COMPANY threatens you for not looking at the dash cam videos and gives you a warning for not following instructions…..WHO instructed me? Who told the COMPANY I would not look at the videos? Who will be the COMPANY witness?

What happens when the driver has an accident, and the COMPANY uses his “coaching videos” as proof that the driver has had this “problem” before and now it has lead to an accident?.....WHO, will be the witness for the COMPANY?

Too many problems can arise from this….it is the COMPANY”S dash cam program…The COMPANY did not ask the drivers to approve its purchase.

With ALL this going on, WHY should a Rank & File Member be the one to “coach” the driver? Let COMPANY management do the job and let them hire the Safety people to do it….DON’T harm your Brothers & Sisters!

If you cause ME harm…I will come after YOUR card…..plain and simple.............KK

K k you are so off base its unreal