XPO | Camera in Linehaul trucks

We're all working for payments..if we weren't, we woudn't be here..same is true for any job...take a vote and a guarantee you, it will be voted down. We like the money we make..The B.S. is at every job.

The bs is at other freight companies along with ot after 8/40, better insurance and higher wages. Some of us feel WE are deserving of better wages and bennies. And my "payments" don't depend on me getting 50+ hours a week. There is a difference between payments and bills to me....bills are a necessary evil payments are luxury items that are just wanted.

Uh..yeah..CF went bankrupt doing business that way..why would we want to go bankrupt?[/QUOTE Are you serious? CF went out of business due to management making poor decisions. THey decided they weregoing to the biggest no matter what it cost. If the union didn't put ford out of business , no union can put a company out of business. That job is left up to poor management.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh..yeah..CF went bankrupt doing business that way..why would we want to go bankrupt?

Consolidated Freightways went bankrupt because the Corporate charged CCX expenses such as fuel drops to CF. Additionally CF artificially depressed freight rates on purpose so they would lose money. When CF went bankrupt, I was working as a Manager for PJAX Freight and a Foam Company asked for bids on freight that CF had locked up for years. PJAX came in with the lowest bid and the traffic manager told me personally he was shocked at how much rates had increased. Even though PJAX won the low bid, the Traffic Manager said the PJAX rate amounted to a 90% increase over what they were paying CF.

I'm sure you went to highschool so figure it out! Rich people and Wallstreet are NOT your friends and YOU will never be one of them no matter how much you want to believe the narrative that this is Ameri-ka and opportunity is equal for all! The sooner you wake up the that fact the better off you will be. So stand up and be my brother and lets walk together.

Consolidated Freightways went bankrupt because the Corporate charged CCX expenses such as fuel drops to CF. Additionally CF artificially depressed freight rates on purpose so they would lose money. When CF went bankrupt, I was working as a Manager for PJAX Freight and a Foam Company asked for bids on freight that CF had locked up for years. PJAX came in with the lowest bid and the traffic manager told me personally he was shocked at how much rates had increased. Even though PJAX won the low bid, the Traffic Manager said the PJAX rate amounted to a 90% increase over what they were paying CF.

I'm sure you went to highschool so figure it out! Rich people and Wallstreet are NOT your friends and YOU will never be one of them no matter how much you want to believe the narrative that this is Ameri-ka and opportunity is equal for all! The sooner you wake up the that fact the better off you will be. So stand up and be my brother and lets walk together.
I'm standing...so let's start walking.

The bs is at other freight companies along with ot after 8/40, better insurance and higher wages. Some of us feel WE are deserving of better wages and bennies. And my "payments" don't depend on me getting 50+ hours a week. There is a difference between payments and bills to me....bills are a necessary evil payments are luxury items that are just wanted.

The other freight companies pay ot after 8? fedex, union companies..most of conway..we pay more ot than most. If you can't pay your bills, you should get a linehaul position or stop getting into that much debt.

You don't sound like you made it very far through high school. In fact, you sound like a liberal with their hand out.

Uh..yeah..CF went bankrupt doing business that way..why would we want to go bankrupt?[/QUOTE Are you serious? CF went out of business due to management making poor decisions. THey decided they weregoing to the biggest no matter what it cost. If the union didn't put ford out of business , no union can put a company out of business. That job is left up to poor management.>

management, economy, employees....whatever it was, they're still out of business. So The business model didn't work. You have to change and keep up with everybody else.

You don't sound like you made it very far through high school. In fact, you sound like a liberal with their hand out.

Lol . . . I attended one of the top Accounting programs in the world. Thank you very much. :)

Just a thought its funny they come up with this Money for cameras, safe stack,lean,big pay mgt,etc,when it was just a few years ago they had to take from us.sorry it's just hard for me to forget but,I am still doing my job the best I can everyday but waiting till I can get out.

The other freight companies pay ot after 8? fedex, union companies..most of conway..we pay more ot than most. If you can't pay your bills, you should get a linehaul position or stop getting into that much debt.

Yes. Fedex 8, Saia after 45 and company paid insurance after 10 years. I didn't say all, but OD does make more than us with much cheaper insurance. And yes, you did say MOST of Conway which leaves a lotta guys out.....guess you buy into that whole "market" thing that's bs.
The guys on linehaul are the ones I'm referring to.

Yes I drove a truck until 1995. Then got a divorce and raised fours sons by myself and went to college while working my way up from Shipping Supervisor, to Dispatcher, to Operations Manager, to Terminal Manager.

BTW all four sons served in the Air Force with my youngest still on active duty.

Yes. Fedex 8, Saia after 45 and company paid insurance after 10 years. I didn't say all, but OD does make more than us with much cheaper insurance. And yes, you did say MOST of Conway which leaves a lotta guys out.....guess you buy into that whole "market" thing that's bs.
The guys on linehaul are the ones I'm referring to.

I worked 14 hrs. ot last week. Ask O.D. driver how much ot they got. just sayin'

Yes I drove a truck until 1995. Then got a divorce and raised fours sons by myself and went to college while working my way up from Shipping Supervisor, to Dispatcher, to Operations Manager, to Terminal Manager.

BTW all four sons served in the Air Force with my youngest still on active duty.

So....it's attention you want? What is your motivation? you that lonely? lol

I haven't read every post in this thread yet... We were told this past week that cameras would be put in all of our terminals tractors (city and linehaul) on October 27th. Were told that certain things trigger it. That when triggered an email is sent to a 3rd party and then to our terminal.

there is no policy preventing "Hands-free" cell phone use. And we do not have cameras on the drivers, we have event recorders. If a driver has a hard braking event or an erratic change of lanes, these events will trigger the camera to record 12 seconds. If these 12 seconds show a driver's actions included being distracted by unsafe behaviors, then there will be a coaching session for the driver.

We were told 8 seconds.

and why is any of that relevant to the topic ?

I worked 14 hrs. ot last week. Ask O.D. driver how much ot they got. just sayin'

You could've the made same money in 12 hours with ot. Gimme ot at 8 and send me home, you can run linehaul on Saturdays.
The OD guy in my area works waaaayyyy more hours than I do. He can get 60 a week easily.