XPO | Camera in Linehaul trucks

Does OD city drivers make the same as our southern drivers? Heard they made more.southern makes alot less than the north rite?

They make more than we do. Just got a .75 raise. Better insurance also.

And we have atleast one driver a month leave and go there in Dallas. Not even kidding.(new guys after they been there for a year of so,,mostly from the school) It's keeps the rest of us in work.

And we have atleast one a month leave and go there in Dallas. Not even kidding. It's keeps the rest of us in work.

We have had more than that. I look at what it says more so than what it does for me.
Why don't we have any OD, Fed, Saia, or Ups drivers making the move to better themselves at Conway?

We have had more than that. I look at what it says more so than what it does for me.
Why don't we have any OD, Fed, Saia, or Ups drivers making the move to better themselves at Conway?

They don't want experienced people..they won't hire them..idk. crazy.

The drivers that leave, want a more stable schedule, even if it's working all weekend. Atleast they know what they are doing. We're a big center, so there is always some kind of work for everybody..some people just need more security by knowing what they are doing when they go to work each day. You got to have thick skin to gain some seniority at our place. The people who stick around for a while, like it, they got a good run..and everything is regional mon. to friday. But, whatever they want to do, it doesn't matter to me. There are a bunch of us whom whom work a lot, and we have no idea what we're doing when we get to work. It's fun.

The drivers that leave, want a more stable schedule, even if it's working all weekend. Atleast they know what they are doing. We're a big center, so there is always some kind of work for everybody..some people just need more security by knowing what they are doing when they go to work each day. You got to have thick skin to gain some seniority at our place. The people who stick around for a while, like it, they got a good run..and everything is regional mon. to friday. But, whatever they want to do, it doesn't matter to me. There are a bunch of us whom whom work a lot, and we have no idea what we're doing when we get to work. It's fun.

I have been at Conway over 15 years. I have a choice of about anything at my barn which is easily comparable to yours. Scheduling doesn't come into play when folks walk out. Its all about respect, fairness and above all $$$. We rarely have freight drivers come from other companies hire on. Maybe a few due to a layoff or termination. We usually get the scraps from other lines.
You never answered my question about that.

Joe you will never get thru to some of the Texas drivers. I have met way to many over the last 15 plus years and most of them are to stupid to get out of the rain, I will say though they did have a very good one retire at the first of the year, Andy was a Hell of a guy.

Joe you will never get thru to some of the Texas drivers. I have met way to many over the last 15 plus years and most of them are to stupid to get out of the rain, I will say though they did have a very good one retire at the first of the year, Andy was a Hell of a guy.

Same at our place. Too many worried about car payments they can't afford in the first place.

BTW none of the Union companies have diesel forklifts. They are forbidden by contract. Just say'n

I guess they found this thread too "stupid" so had to change the subject. Just sayin'... :dance::moon2:

In addition to camera not being allowed under contract in Union companies so the same with diesel forklifts. That makes the comment very relevant.

In addition to camera not being allowed under contract in Union companies so the same with diesel forklifts. That makes the comment very relevant.

Thank you. Instigator has decided to engage in a little bit of :Duel: with me. I'm enjoying the one up manship (womanship) that comes out of left field sometimes on his part. A few on here for the past few years have had a problem with my being a woman (they don't believe it) on this board. :banana: But there are some that know me personally and they can vouch that I am a woman and wife of a driver :bananapartyhat: I enjoy reading here, asking questions, discussing information with my husband and then see if others have the same opinion he has and if so how many. He doesn't get on here because he's linehaul and is too tired to get on here when he gets home. He's renamed a few on here.... I won't repeat what he's renamed a few, but I'm sure you can imagine LOL!!

He's not at his job because of payments but because there are family members that need help and he's close to retirement. No matter what's been done to him he still does the best he can at his job. That's just the way he is.