SAIA | Camera rumor

Taking a drink isn't a severe coaching event. You could probably get 10 and be OK. You get one time on a handheld. ONE !!! Then your done. It's all about severity Buck. I think if most guys would be honest they would admit the perception of these cameras was worse than they actually turned out being. Sure, we would rather not have them given a choice but we don't have a choice. And they aren't bad enough to leave this cake job. SAIA's healthcare is worth it weight in gold. The best of the best.
So many guys just like to drama ::shit:: up. They really aren't that damn bad and those that drive with them everyday know it. It's the outsiders that love to spin things. The ones that haven't got a clue what it's like to actually drive with them.

It sure sounded like BS versus everything my friends who work at companies with Lytx tell me. I have no dog in the fight so I didn't comment but I hope someday OD will put them in our trucks also.
It has already started.

Saia may be a cake job for you train. But you're not the only employee that Saia has. And, if you think it is cake, that sounds really conceited. You should be pushing yourself to improve in every way every day. Mediocrity should be a crime.

Saia may be a cake job for you train. But you're not the only employee that Saia has. And, if you think it is cake, that sounds really conceited. You should be pushing yourself to improve in every way every day. Mediocrity should be a crime.
It's cake because of my attitude. My workload is just like the next P&D guy. The only difference is I have learned to accept things I can't change and move on in a positive way. In general this is an easy job physically when you compare it to say working in the oil fields which a lot of my friends do. Great money but hard on the body. I do what I'm asked or even told at times just like everyone else. I'm most certainly not special. I know and understand my place in the big picture. I push myself everyday to be a good employee and human being. Mediocrity is not part of my DNA.

But if the rest of them were like train, all this belly aching would cease.

People do so much stupid crap around my truck these days in the Seattle area. It'd be nice to have all questions answered with just a review of a video. Remember people, lots of low lifes looking for a quick buck and will come after your company and you with a lawyer when the worst happens.
Buy a dash cam

Taking a drink isn't a severe coaching event. You could probably get 10 and be OK. You get one time on a handheld. ONE !!! Then your done. It's all about severity Buck. I think if most guys would be honest they would admit the perception of these cameras was worse than they actually turned out being. Sure, we would rather not have them given a choice but we don't have a choice. And they aren't bad enough to leave this cake job. SAIA's healthcare is worth it weight in gold. The best of the best.
Whats the healthcare like? details please

The only time I have ever seen the light alternate green/red is when the camera is set off by the gyroscope (bump/hard brake, etc). Things like following too close and lane deviation cause it to go straight to red for 60 seconds. I've been coached for incidents that the camera went straight to red, so yes, it does take a video.
It will turn solid red for exclusive speeding now too for example if you roll off a steep hill and hold 75 for a few seconds or if you are on a 2 lane road with a 35 mph speed limit and hit 50-55 had it happen to me while detouring around a wreck the other night. Nothing in sight nowhere no bumps no nothing it went solid red that's been a month ago haven't heard nothing yet

Bottom line is...this driver was taking a drink while driving. That activity is considered "distracted driving."
But our Linehaul VP said it was ok as long as we could manage it with one hand he said this on Facebook in front of everyone so who's right him or safety