XPO | cameras and disipline?

hey, since we are blessed with your "attention", why is it OK for ABF to make money, but A sin for conway to want to make money?

Just wonderin'........I'm sure you have a good answer. Maybe you need to consult with Stoney before you answer..LOL
Nothing wrong with conway making money off your back. My issue was not paying me ot after 8, and all the silly rules I was threatened with every Monday. It's nice having free insurance. When your employer does the right thing, I'll do the same in return. I really feel sorry for the men that are still stuck there.

So explain this... I have a friend who still works for Con-way. When he drives a cascadia he gets between a 90 and 95% on his efficiency rating. When in a city pos truck he's at 65%. You mean to tell me they didn't think to change the parameters between a road unit and a worn out city unit with a C9 cat motor with a 6-speed that runs 2200 rpm at cruising speed? What if you drove one every day, are they gonna bust your knuckles for being at 65%? Oh wait, "coach" a guy, gotta get the terminology right. I don't understand the purpose of the whole thing. If you don't trust a guy to do his job, why hire him in the first place? The more layers of crap the driver has to cut through to do his job the less "engaged" he's going to be. You want to save money, start by gearing the trucks to pull and don't starve them of fuel to where they're pulling constantly. I can get darn near 8 mpg at 70 mph with 2 loads the way they've got the trucks geared at OD.
There is a saying " if you pay peanuts you hire monkeys" Sometimes you just have to peek in and see what they're doing

Nothing wrong with conway making money off your back. My issue was not paying me ot after 8, and all the silly rules I was threatened with every Monday. It's nice having free insurance. When your employer does the right thing, I'll do the same in return. I really feel sorry for the men that are still stuck there.
I'll give you the part about the silly rules and reports.you ain't lyin' about that. And they're still making them.

The new thing now is the automatic transmission... ya see the video with the guy whom said he's so full of life or something like that...after pedaling freight all day and not having to shift any gears?
OK.now go break one, since you ain't tired.. I'll bet that song would come back if he new he. Wouldn't have to shift any gears..have all that extra energy to get the outbound shut down early. :bananag:

Not on your life bubba!! Only way I'd come back is if I could do what I'm doing now for what I'm making now with NO dock work. I'll shift gears, I'm a truck driver not a steering wheel holder!:smilie93C_peelout::smilie93C_peelout:

I'll give you the part about the silly rules and reports.you ain't lyin' about that. And they're still making them.

I don't know how anything gets accomplished but it does. I can honestly say that I'm a better husband, father, and a happier person after leaving conway. Management never tested me though. i always gave my best. The environment of mind twisting and brow beating of being less than was just what I needed to see to my fellow coworkers to push me out. I never want to contribute my abilities to such a bully.

I don't know how anything gets accomplished but it does. I can honestly say that I'm a better husband, father, and a happier person after leaving conway. Management never tested me though. i always gave my best. The environment of mind twisting and brow beating of being less than was just what I needed to see to my fellow coworkers to push me out. I never want to contribute my abilities to such a bully.

I'm with you. I had to leave because of the constant brow beating. Then they'd blame us for not coming to work with a "positive attitude". I knew it was a matter of time before I'd say something that would get me fired, so I did the only thing I could think of to keep that from happening. I left.

I've managed to steer clear of trouble..but do see people getting coached on stupid ****...and the lean..omg.

I've managed to steer clear of trouble..but do see people getting coached on stupid ****...and the lean..omg.
When you kill the morale of the team, disaster happens. Go check out the yrc board and you'll know what I'm talkin about. I see the same result for conway just in a different fashion.

Flicked camera of last week, got a talking to in traffic court..aka( coaching ) today. Was told they appreciate if I didn't do stuff like that. Told them I would try to be on my best be haver. Are you going to fire me? No not going to fire you..:busted::17:

Lean has gotten out of control here to. Almost like watching some state workers. 1 guys working 6 standing around watching the one driver work....lol

Flicked camera of last week, got a talking to in traffic court..aka( coaching ) today. Was told they appreciate if I didn't do stuff like that. Told them I would try to be on my best be haver. Are you going to fire me? No not going to fire you..:busted::17:

You flipped off the camera? What happened to trigger it going off? If nothing caused it to go off that proves they're spying.

Honestly I do feel for you guy's.Been talking to some of your driver's around here.They have been have them install's.Some are OK with it&some are freak'n mad&have been call'd in already.Good Luck to you all over there.Hope thing's settle down.

You flipped off the camera? What happened to trigger it going off? If nothing caused it to go off that proves they're spying.

according to the Ops guy a few months ago during the meetings we weretold that they couldnt access the cameras in real time due to "bandwith" issues. But I figured it wasnt true since it all runs off the sprint network.

You can see when it goes off, it starts flashing..the camera itself, determines wether or not to keep the video. If you get a coaching session, then you were either falling too close or something else against policy. If your in a new truck, it takes a lot to set it off. It's really not that big a deal.

You can see when it goes off, it starts flashing..the camera itself, determines wether or not to keep the video. If you get a coaching session, then you were either falling too close or something else against policy. If your in a new truck, it takes a lot to set it off. It's really not that big a deal.

IDK but one of the line drivers I talked to said it goes off every time he goes over the bridge expansion on I675, new Freightshaker. I'm just hoping those drive cams aren't something OD ever decides to "invest" in...

I wouldn't get your hopes up. With Con-Way Freight® being a world class leader in safety, innovation, customer service, and employee satisfaction, I would bet it won't be too long before all of the other ltl freight companies start following their business model...

Wait....what?