XPO | cameras and disipline?

Hi, :wavey:
P&D driver here. No cameras installed in our tractors yet, but I was given a swap tractor last week that had a camera in it. Most of the run was in small town nearby, notorious for tight streets and low bridges. Of course they sent me in there with a '53 footer.
Camera set off everytime I backed in at a dock, regardless how light I tapped it. Was surprised that certain potholes did not set it off, nor did a set of railroad tracks.

I was coming up to a light at a tight intersection, where I had to make a left over a sort of narrow bridge. There was a straight truck on the bridge, but he had stopped back far enough where I had plenty of room to clear the turn. The light turned green for me, and I swung wide and onto the bridge. In my mirror, I notice the straight truck started moving forward and closer to my trailer to set himself up to swing a little wider before I was completely through the turn. The rear of my trailer was getting kind of close to his mirror, so I stopped. Mind you I was only crawling cautiously before I hit the brakes, but the trailer brakes locked up, and it set off the camera. I wasn't going to make it through without hitting his mirror. The driver reached out and pulled in his mirror, and I made it through with 6" to spare and was on my merry way.

The very next day, I return to my barn and before I hit the dock, an FOS approaches me and says "I heard you had an accident". I told him I did not, and asked him where he had heard that. He said the FAC whom the tractor belonged to, saw that I braked abruptly, and "assumed" that I hit something.
In the middle of me trying to explain what really happened, he lost interest, and I never heard any more about it.
Pisses me off that they automatically assume you hit something and didn't report it.

Also, noticed if you pull the sun visor down it blocks the camera. Asked if I would get written up for that, and the answer I got was "I don't know, I'll have to find out for you".
I can't believe I got an answer like that.... I'm only the guy who's driving the truck, so I guess it doesn't really matter if I can see or not. As long as they can see me! :cuss:

at our meeting it was stated that you would if you did it intentionally. if in fact you were driving into the sun and needed it down than NO.

Well they all Happy now a few weeks back Camera saved me they say I had very near miss with a log Truck that entered my lane I was Forced off the Road or take the plunge into want may have been certain Death for me ! My issue here is I should not have needed a camera to defend me is my word not valued at all I mean after all the only damage that was done was a 20 dollar mail box who would lie about that for real I could buy that my damn self !! But here at Con~way your Guilty until Proven Innocent and if ya can't prove it ya **** outta luck Buddy !!!
!! !!