Estes | Cameras coming!

Come onto Holland contract states recording devices can't be used for disciplinary reasons and ours only face outward.
I tried to put an app in with them....they have a terminal literally 2-3 miles from my house off of Market St. in Greensboro, NC.....didn't see anything about them hiring. I'll admit, it seems alot of companies aren't hiring, YET...with this election just being the craziest we've EVER seen! I can understand. It seems most election years, companies wait until the election is over before the decide to hire or not, make perfect sence to me.

I know an ex-Estes guy who is with superior carriers now and he speaks very highly of them . This event could be a blessing in disguise. Keep in touch with us let us know how it goes.

I tried to put an app in with them....they have a terminal literally 2-3 miles from my house off of Market St. in Greensboro, NC.....didn't see anything about them hiring. I'll admit, it seems alot of companies aren't hiring, YET...with this election just being the craziest we've EVER seen! I can understand. It seems most election years, companies wait until the election is over before the decide to hire or not, make perfect sence to me.
Trust me Greensboro is hiring. Company believes in running empty up north for us to run.

lol NO! Superior Carriers called me. They are a really good company from what I've looked into...the pay is really nice....only took a day and a half before they came calling me. My MVR and Criminal are squeaky clean so...no worries. Something different and ALOT more challenging from what it seems. But gonna try this for a few or more years. Maybe in 5 years or so(who knows ALOT of guys seem to really love it there) I might go back to LTL more than likely OD since I have a good friend that works there and knows ALOT of people 'up' in the company.
I heard you can make good money with them. Good luck to you

I know an ex-Estes guy who is with superior carriers now and he speaks very highly of them . This event could be a blessing in disguise. Keep in touch with us let us know how it goes.
will do....the pay is NUTS! I actually get paid, by the hour, during my 10 break, as long as I'm in the sleeper. I've heard they will get me a hotel room....sheesh...I'll bobtail to a truckstop and get paid, and I'll be IN a sleeper truck! haha But, like I said...all the apps I put out on mon/tues I got everyone calling me, kinda getting on my nerves with my dang ringtone! Now, Estes still has me as an employee? They terminated me 2 weeks ago....I went to go freeze my 401(k) and Vanguard said I was still an 'active employee'? No prospects have said anything other than when am I ready to come over....guess they think I still work at Estes? I've clearly put I was terminated on app....weird, huh?

will do....the pay is NUTS! I actually get paid, by the hour, during my 10 break, as long as I'm in the sleeper. I've heard they will get me a hotel room....sheesh...I'll bobtail to a truckstop and get paid, and I'll be IN a sleeper truck! haha But, like I said...all the apps I put out on mon/tues I got everyone calling me, kinda getting on my nerves with my dang ringtone! Now, Estes still has me as an employee? They terminated me 2 weeks ago....I went to go freeze my 401(k) and Vanguard said I was still an 'active employee'? No prospects have said anything other than when am I ready to come over....guess they think I still work at Estes? I've clearly put I was terminated on app....weird, huh?
Why were you terminated?

Why were you terminated?[/
Why were you terminated?
I've been saying it's a long story...to make it short.....some older driver was in a bad mood....started going off on me...pulled my pins....made me drop a whole set, AFTER I hooked and pulled about 1/2 mile to terminal entrance(I KNOW THEY WERE HOOKED)...it goes on from there....I believe he lost his job as well. I was minding my own business....I ALWAYS do....he was just 'out for anyone'....like I said it is a long story. But, Estes didn't just leave me hanging. Got me a hotel, had my neighbor come pick me up from Greensboro. Why am I still on active is beyond me?

I've been saying it's a long story...to make it short.....some older driver was in a bad mood....started going off on me...pulled my pins....made me drop a whole set, AFTER I hooked and pulled about 1/2 mile to terminal entrance(I KNOW THEY WERE HOOKED)...it goes on from there....I believe he lost his job as well. I was minding my own business....I ALWAYS do....he was just 'out for anyone'....like I said it is a long story. But, Estes didn't just leave me hanging. Got me a hotel, had my neighbor come pick me up from Greensboro. Why am I still on active is beyond me?

What a POS. Should give a heads up to other companies about him.

well...I did get a call from unemployment. Both stories matched(company and mine), but since I wasn't the one who started the confrontation, unemployment said it was not in the company's right to terminate my employment so they say it looks/sounds like I was 'wrongfully terminated'. Oh well, I am on with Superior Carriers. Best to just get my 3-4 weeks of unemployment, do my tanker training and just move on! No need in being down about everything. I REALLY DID LOVE IT at Estes....I'm sure I can be re-hired...but I'm just going to move on in life. Looks like I'm just going to NOT trust fellow co-drivers anymore!

When I worked at Estes we had a driver drop a van on a government base he was suspended 5 days while they investigated the truck and trailer and he was able to come back after found at fault but 3 days later hydroplaned and jacknifed and was terminated the next morning. I worked out of 119 we lost 3 drivers in one week over accidents. The safety guy once said dropping a trailer is more serious in their eyes then most minor accidents

yeah.....learned I'll have to do that on COMPANY PROPERTY now. You'd think that would be the one place you wouldn't have to check after making a set on one end of a terminal and pulling it to the other end of the terminal hooked! Oh well....I've moved on.