Estes | Cameras coming!

well...I did get a call from unemployment. Both stories matched(company and mine), but since I wasn't the one who started the confrontation, unemployment said it was not in the company's right to terminate my employment so they say it looks/sounds like I was 'wrongfully terminated'. Oh well, I am on with Superior Carriers. Best to just get my 3-4 weeks of unemployment, do my tanker training and just move on! No need in being down about everything. I REALLY DID LOVE IT at Estes....I'm sure I can be re-hired...but I'm just going to move on in life. Looks like I'm just going to NOT trust fellow co-drivers anymore!

You could contact the NLRB in Winston Salem. They'll hear you out and decide if you were wrongfully terminated. If found you were, you will be made whole.

What a rotten piece of human garbage. You don't pull another driver's pins just because you're pissed at him.

That being said, this is why you trust no one. If you are away from the vehicle for any length of time you should always check to make sure nobody has stuck a knife in your back. You never know who you've pissed off.

Still waiting for my dash cam.
Lol, I still haven't heard of any dash cams or seen any. Big E is filled with hand picked, highly skilled, elite drivers that never make mistakes and know what to say. Dash cams would be just a waste of money because the cops should already know it's the other person that is the culprit

I've had 2 way cameras in the cab for awhile now, ther in every single vehicle. Were given a grace period at the start with x amout of time. They'd catch drivers doing things like slamming on brakes, hitting curbs, backing into docks to hard, bumps in the roadway that would typically set it off. Then it was drivers sign paper and the games begin. You touch any electronic devices, or have on your person while the truck is in motion, immediate termination, that includes the radio. No you cannot block the view or tamper with the lens. Other issues could require a letter or slap on wrist. Yes guys have been fired. There's sensitivity seems to be different for each camera. I've had both where you think the camera should go off,
it never does, and the camera goes off and hardly anything happened.

Polices and procedures

Any pictures of them? I was looking at the specs and they seem pretty lenient as to what sets them off. I was also told that they were outward facing only but that was a while ago and may have changed. Sounds like safety is going to have a ton of videos of guys driving around terminals hooking sets.

I've had 2 way cameras in the cab for awhile now, ther in every single vehicle. Were given a grace period at the start with x amout of time. They'd catch drivers doing things like slamming on brakes, hitting curbs, backing into docks to hard, bumps in the roadway that would typically set it off. Then it was drivers sign paper and the games begin. You touch any electronic devices, or have on your person while the truck is in motion, immediate termination, that includes the radio. No you cannot block the view or tamper with the lens. Other issues could require a letter or slap on wrist. Yes guys have been fired. There's sensitivity seems to be different for each camera. I've had both where you think the camera should go off,

Polices and procedures

2way cameras??? Are you with Saia or XPO?

Polices and procedures
Hi all.....it's been a full on 2 years! But this guy is actually right. I'll come out and admit it now. I was terminated for 2 things. A) I was constantly changing the radio station(sirius xm) one day and also, I had my gps on my phone(at the time) and was changing my address(which THEY saw as texting). I was put in a new Volvo about 2 weeks prior to being terminated in 2016 and was told by the terminal manager AND shown video of these 2 things as to why I was being terminated. I really miss being in LTL, but at the same time, life couldn't have been ever more sweeter at Superior! I don't miss all the bed bugs I got there either! I tried to point this out, early on, when I was there, but have since ran into some Estes guys that said, yes there are cameras on you! Some trucks have the camera on the side of the peoplenet device(just like OD)......hope all my friends, on here, and there are doing good!

Hi all.....it's been a full on 2 years! But this guy is actually right. I'll come out and admit it now. I was terminated for 2 things. A) I was constantly changing the radio station(sirius xm) one day and also, I had my gps on my phone(at the time) and was changing my address(which THEY saw as texting). I was put in a new Volvo about 2 weeks prior to being terminated in 2016 and was told by the terminal manager AND shown video of these 2 things as to why I was being terminated. I really miss being in LTL, but at the same time, life couldn't have been ever more sweeter at Superior! I don't miss all the bed bugs I got there either! I tried to point this out, early on, when I was there, but have since ran into some Estes guys that said, yes there are cameras on you! Some trucks have the camera on the side of the peoplenet device(just like OD)......hope all my friends, on here, and there are doing good!
Estes had videos of you inside the cab doing these things ? I wasn’t aware of any inward facing cameras at big E.

We have outward facing only. I had a video not too long ago for a car making a right turn from the left lane on front of me. If we had driver facing cameras I would have seen my ugly face on there.

We have outward facing only. I had a video not too long ago for a car making a right turn from the left lane on front of me. If we had driver facing cameras I would have seen my ugly face on there.
That’s what I thought. When / if we get driver facing cameras I’m done.

Yes they’ll definitely get you that way. Best point the fender mirrors away too and have your phone dimmed so no reflection on windshield

I personally have never had a reason to play with my phone that was so important that I'd be ok with losing my job. I touch a button on my headset and it reads my texts to me, gives and speaks directions on my map, composes texts, and makes phone calls. Everything else can wait.