Estes | Cameras coming!

I was told a a shop that a second Camera is coming being mounted on the mirror on the left front fender facing down the left side and capturing the Driver's image also. I don't know if this is true But, that could be a game changer for some. Too many jobs to put up with that. I got my CDL renewed recently, and I was thinking, This is the Ticket now a days, with the shortage of Qualified Drivers .

Hi all.....it's been a full on 2 years! But this guy is actually right. I'll come out and admit it now. I was terminated for 2 things. A) I was constantly changing the radio station(sirius xm) one day and also, I had my gps on my phone(at the time) and was changing my address(which THEY saw as texting). I was put in a new Volvo about 2 weeks prior to being terminated in 2016 and was told by the terminal manager AND shown video of these 2 things as to why I was being terminated. I really miss being in LTL, but at the same time, life couldn't have been ever more sweeter at Superior! I don't miss all the bed bugs I got there either! I tried to point this out, early on, when I was there, but have since ran into some Estes guys that said, yes there are cameras on you! Some trucks have the camera on the side of the peoplenet device(just like OD)......hope all my friends, on here, and there are doing good!
If estes had driver facing cameras we would have heard about it a long time ago, guys would be coming out of the woodwork for getting Into trouble.

Your original story on why you got canned was a lot more believable.

I highly doubt they'd fire you without giving you a 3 or 5 day suspension first. (unless you're leaving that part out for other violations/incidents)

If estes had driver facing cameras we would have heard about it a long time ago, guys would be coming out of the woodwork for getting Into trouble.

Your original story on why you got canned was a lot more believable.

I highly doubt they'd fire you without giving you a 3 or 5 day suspension first. (unless you're leaving that part out for other violations/incidents)
Sounds like NCtruckin might be full of crap.

I was told a a shop that a second Camera is coming being mounted on the mirror on the left front fender facing down the left side and capturing the Driver's image also. I don't know if this is true But, that could be a game changer for some. Too many jobs to put up with that. I got my CDL renewed recently, and I was thinking, This is the Ticket now a days, with the shortage of Qualified Drivers .

At our mid year meeting thing they said they were getting more outside facing cameras for the trucks that don't have them. Never mentioned inside ones.

I've actually heard more of companies doing away with driver facing cameras just due to the backlash.

See the issues with the driver facing cameras is these companies using it to control drivers instead of protecting them. If you apply for a company and they have the driver facing camera and they use the word coaching then it will be used against you. I worked for a company that had the ones facing the driver and never got a write up

See the issues with the driver facing cameras is these companies using it to control drivers instead of protecting them. If you apply for a company and they have the driver facing camera and they use the word coaching then it will be used against you. I worked for a company that had the ones facing the driver and never got a write up

Exactly. My old company had driver facing ones and said they only recorded during 'events'. Well turned out literally every little bump in the road triggered an event and recorded. Drivers were getting wrote up like crazy for some pretty dumb stuff.