XPO | Cameras in trucks

bwchurch

TB Lurker
Credits
Lda drivers were informed that they will be cameras in their trucks.. They will be 12 trucks equipped with different cameras. 2 per truck. 1 looking out the front and the other looking at the driver.

Big brother has arrived.

Time to start looking for a new job...whats next???cameras in the pissers????What do they really think they are gonna gain by wasting money on in cab cameras???if you swirve or drift and they catch it on camera are you automatically fired??just like if you roll a rear box???So now you get to eat your lunch knowing somebody is constantly watching you..hope you dont drip any ketchup on your uniform......Guess you can throw integrity out the window..

Been here for almost three years and been hearing about this from almost my hire date, last i heard a couple weeks ago was its going to be p&d only. Seems the incident ratio is 2:1 p&d. Could this be another way to weed out someone making 5 dollars more an hour?

They don't wonder, they are clueless and don't care. Put a camera in my face and it will have electrical tape put over it.

Guys did that to the forward facing cameras and were fired. I suggest against it. Although, you can do anything you want your last day.

Lda drivers were informed that they will be cameras in their trucks.. They will be 12 trucks equipped with different cameras. 2 per truck. 1 looking out the front and the other looking at the driver.

Big brother has arrived.

Holy Crap ! ! !
and here I thought we had just about eradicated Chicken Little Syndrome (CLS).
relax boys cameras are not new. These are called safety projects... federal grants to improve traffic safety. How the hell do you think the collision avoidance system went from design to implementation? 5 to 10 years ago XDE had cameras mounted in their trucks. That research is why AM/FM radios and dash mounted radio bases were installed. Maybe you haven't noticed we are driving toward World Class Safety

Holy crap times two... we have a service center out there in which cars are following drivers around in the city! It's not too late someone call the onion hotline!

do the research, "V2V", cool stuff. Ten years from now when you hit your brakes it will cause the car behind you to electronically react before the guy behind the wheel wakes up under your D.O.T. bumper

Just a wild (pragmatic) guess, but these cameras are not designed to record your every move. They save the last 20-60 seconds before an "event". They may just save your A55 when some highly trained professional from another company swerves into your lane and you try to avoid the accident by moving onto the shoulder and, due to unforeseen circumstances, friction/gravity/inertia/bad luck intervenes and upsets one of your trailers and the other driver leaves the scene and you are stuck defending yourself with no real evidence of what happened. Yeh, like THAT would ever happen. Yeh...

Just a wild (pragmatic) guess, but these cameras are not designed to record your every move. They save the last 20-60 seconds before an "event". They may just save your A55 when some highly trained professional from another company swerves into your lane and you try to avoid the accident by moving onto the shoulder and, due to unforeseen circumstances, friction/gravity/inertia/bad luck intervenes and upsets one of your trailers and the other driver leaves the scene and you are stuck defending yourself with no real evidence of what happened. Yeh, like THAT would ever happen. Yeh...
Plus the camera on your face so your family can see you one more time while your saying holy sh!t .

I'm guessing since you left your lane of travel to avoid the accident your goose is going to be cook NO matter what that camera caught. Anyway I don't need a camera recording me driving with a phone in one hand my pants down to my ankles and steering with my knees. Quite a sight.

I'm guessing since you left your lane of travel to avoid the accident your goose is going to be cook NO matter what that camera caught. Anyway I don't need a camera recording me driving with a phone in one hand my pants down to my ankles and steering with my knees. Quite a sight.
That would be a sight.. And I hope you don't have an accident because your going to make the five o'clock news... Lol . Trucker found incapacitated with a phone in one hand and his pants down.. Hummmmm!

We have these where I work (Linde Group). And....they SUCK, big time. Everyone says "What do you have to hide ?". Well, nothing, really. It's just the idea of driving around all day or night just waiting for that light to go from green to red. Small bumps, tight turns, potholes and excessive braking can set it off. At first it was just about safety..That almighty excuse for micromanagement from the "laptops and MBA crowd". Now, it has become micromanagement in the extreme. "hey, you were yawning" (on a 14 hour trip). "Do you really need to drink water" (On a run through the Mojave desert to a mine). "You didn't have your seat belt on " (At fuel island). The thing records 10 seconds before you turn the key on, so any attempts to cover it up are considered vandalism and can lead to termination (Union shop btw). When the light goes from green to red, it records 30 seconds of the event and 10 seconds of in cab video BEFORE the event. So, if you had a cell phone around you, your screwed. It gives a wide angle view of the interior of the cab and both side mirrors. And trust me, your management will just love to start micromanaging your day, just like ours did. The Driver Safety and Driver Productivity System | Driver Risk Management

We have these where I work (Linde Group). And....they SUCK, big time. Everyone says "What do you have to hide ?". Well, nothing, really. It's just the idea of driving around all day or night just waiting for that light to go from green to red. Small bumps, tight turns, potholes and excessive braking can set it off. At first it was just about safety..That almighty excuse for micromanagement from the "laptops and MBA crowd". Now, it has become micromanagement in the extreme. "hey, you were yawning" (on a 14 hour trip). "Do you really need to drink water" (On a run through the Mojave desert to a mine). "You didn't have your seat belt on " (At fuel island). The thing records 10 seconds before you turn the key on, so any attempts to cover it up are considered vandalism and can lead to termination (Union shop btw). When the light goes from green to red, it records 30 seconds of the event and 10 seconds of in cab video BEFORE the event. So, if you had a cell phone around you, your screwed. It gives a wide angle view of the interior of the cab and both side mirrors. And trust me, your management will just love to start micromanaging your day, just like ours did. The Driver Safety and Driver Productivity System | Driver Risk Management

This is exactly what I am afraid of.... am I driving the truck or not ? Being graded without context by people without a license. Having to explain every single thing I do behind the wheel.

I know a few guys running with these things and they express a similar view to yours. One guy, they know, got repeatedly disiplined and then fired because he drank " to much " water while driving. It's been a hot summer and they wouldn't fix his A/C. Doesn't matter trucker. You gotta keep those hands on the wheel.