Estes | Cameras in trucks.

dpog28

TB Lurker
Credits
Theres a memo posted in chicago saying Estes will be installing cameras in all tractors... How do yall feel about this?

Following in the steps of Con-Job and all the rest :-/. Hopefully no inward facing cameras, that would be a bummer for sure.

I have no problem with an outward facing camera- I've been using my own private camera for almost a year now. They can come in handy if you get in to a situation, but they can also hang you if you're the one who oopsied!

I have no problem with an outward facing camera- I've been using my own private camera for almost a year now. They can come in handy if you get in to a situation, but they can also hang you if you're the one who oopsied!
Anymore, it is someone with an I- phone, and not your truck camera that gets you on the evening news, or Facebook ....

I think those cameras are to see the zipper and solid lines (lane change warning). They are not for seeing other traffic. I could be wrong, they also see speed signs and could nark you out on that.

If it's outward cameras', I wouldn't worry too much.. Inward ones though, ask Dew abut the driver getting caught going down the road in his birthday suit that was publicized... LOL.. I like to have crap myself when I heard about that...LMAO.. I knew that guy too, seemed a little off in the head to me at the time...

I got a dash cam camera for Christmas a couple of years ago and planned on using it in my tractor. I remembered the no recording device policy estes has and asked the terminal manager about it and he called safety and they said they were not allowed at this time. I never could understand why they wouldn't allow something that could protect the driver and the company in a questionable situation. If its good enough for the third eye following us around it should be allowed for us.

Confirmed it today. Drivecams coming. Outside only.

It doesn't bother me too much. We're always on camera anyway. Motorists with iPhones, cameras in lightpoles, dash cams, third eye... Just do what you're supposed to do and drive the friggin speed limit and they'll work for you instead of against you.