New Penn | Camp Hill 03

SandmanLogan5

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering if anyone can give me a heads up as to if its been busy at 03 ? I hope to start there next week. I will be working the dock for now until I get some "whiskers". I just have a few questions: Is it possible to get 5 punches? What shifts do dock professionals usually work? and last but not least, is it expected that Camp Hill will get booming busy by gaining all the Holland freight? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

camp hill is busier than it's been since red star was closed.if your a holland guy with the one punch deal, than you will go on the city extra board. those guys i beleive have been working outbound at night. like 6-230 ,and a bunch also started at 230 am the other night. you should have no trouble getting 5 punches in provideing all this freight doesn't stop comeing in. also OT ,is usually plentiful around here. if your starting next week,probably get a call to work monday,cause this is when all outside freight comes in,plus holland freight, and our dock works tues. thru sat. so usually go through the extra board pretty quickly on mondays. if you have a cdl, don't think you won't be out in the city if they need you. with summer vactions comeing up you could be peddeling sooner than you think. just remember this nothing is written in stone at npme,just when you think you have them figured out,they will change the deal.

Thank you for the heads up. I'm not a Holland guy, I'm from Yellow Freight out of LCP. I've been on lay off since October of last year. I do not have a CDL so I will be on the dock as casual until I can get one. Glad to hear that New Penn is busy. I went down to LCP a few weeks ago to put in for my vacation and it was a ghost town. It's hard to believe that this time last year our Xboard would be exhausted by Tuesday and most of us would get a 6 punch on either Wednesday or Thursday if we wanted. Anyway, I spoke to the TM of LCP when I was down there a few weeks ago, and TM Ed. M. informed me that guys who had 20+ years in at LCP were laid off. TM Ed also said that LCP is now a CDL ONLY barn. If you don't have a CDL, or are not willing to train, you don't have a job. I know that it is rough times everywhere, but I'm happy to get on at NPME. My only hope is that Yellow does not ruin NPME like they ruin everything else. I only wonder what Mr. Arnold thinks about the way YRC operates...

Thank you for the heads up. I'm not a Holland guy, I'm from Yellow Freight out of LCP. I've been on lay off since October of last year. I do not have a CDL so I will be on the dock as casual until I can get one. Glad to hear that New Penn is busy. I went down to LCP a few weeks ago to put in for my vacation and it was a ghost town. It's hard to believe that this time last year our Xboard would be exhausted by Tuesday and most of us would get a 6 punch on either Wednesday or Thursday if we wanted. Anyway, I spoke to the TM of LCP when I was down there a few weeks ago, and TM Ed. M. informed me that guys who had 20+ years in at LCP were laid off. TM Ed also said that LCP is now a CDL ONLY barn. If you don't have a CDL, or are not willing to train, you don't have a job. I know that it is rough times everywhere, but I'm happy to get on at NPME. My only hope is that Yellow does not ruin NPME like they ruin everything else. I only wonder what Mr. Arnold thinks about the way YRC operates...

TOO LATE !!:TR10driving03:

good luck and keep your eye out for the little ಠ▄ಠ there other than him np in camp hill is not a bad place to work

Nice to know someone out there is working....Been laid off at 09 since the end of last September.......

Been on lay off from Yellow Freight LCP 116 a.k.a. "The ::shit:: Hole". Its amazing how different New Penn is. Management there actually seems to treat their employees with dignity and respect, and you don't have foremen, SOM's, and the TM lurking around like buzzards. Everyone just gets along and works in harmony...:beerchug:

good luck and keep your eye out for the little ಠ▄ಠ there other than him np in camp hill is not a bad place to work

Don't know anything about the little ಠ▄ಠ but from what I can see, there are no "Gate Keepers" :Bondage: there like we had at LCP.

whats the 20 on the little ಠ▄ಠ??? I've been there 3 yrs. and haven't found him yet....

welcome Sand, hope it all keeps up for everyone's sake....answer the phone when it rings, come to work on time, work while your there, NO hassles....

09 is Boston, got word from the Steward last night they laid off 2 more guys and apparently the TM wants to start using casuals because no one has been answering their phones. I find that amusing since I have only gotten one call in the last month and a half. They have called me about 6 times since the end of September.

09 is Boston, got word from the Steward last night they laid off 2 more guys and apparently the TM wants to start using casuals because no one has been answering their phones. I find that amusing since I have only gotten one call in the last month and a half. They have called me about 6 times since the end of September.

Don't feel bad at all...when Yellow freight laid me off last October, here is what had happened.....Worked 3 punches over the weekend, sat by the phone all week, no call, Friday morning the postman knocks on the door with a certified letter, signed for it, opened it, laid off effective immediately. Later that afternoon, the phone rang, it was SOM Barry G. aka "Amos" calling for a 16:00 start....I said to him are you for F*****N real and hung up on him. My point is this....they worked the hell out of us all weekend, 8 hours on, nine off, turn and burn. Let us sit all week, lay me off on Friday then they have the balls to call me for work. :biglaugh: