FedEx Freight | Can we be replaced during a strike?

I just needed to correct that... ONLY years that we operated at a loss were 2009, 2010 and 2011. And even in those years compensation went down as a percentage of revenue. We still we lag behind to this day and without some form of balance. we will never regain the ground lost.. EVER, IMHO. We won't even get into the tone of the discussions, and the new directives, as they come down the chain of command.

It's not the end of the world for the Company... They'll adjust, but it's hard not to be a little irritated whey they (FedEx) send people out here to spout unrealistic topics to incite fear. It shows me that, in fact, FedEx fears the union, desperately.

Vote the union in it makes the most sense... We are all victims of Fred's madness!!! Vote yes!! fed up with fedex but not enough to go work for A true Union company. God forbid my pay is based on my work ethic and knoweldge. Next time you need surgry for a family member or yourself ask the hospital to find you a surgeon who has been around the longest cause he deserves to operate on you regardless of his skill.. That's the Union way of doing things.. I got mine I have been here the longest .. Screw everyone below me..

Vote the union in it makes the most sense... We are all victims of Fred's madness!!! Vote yes!! fed up with fedex but not enough to go work for A true Union company. God forbid my pay is based on my work ethic and knoweldge. Next time you need surgry for a family member or yourself ask the hospital to find you a surgeon who has been around the longest cause he deserves to operate on you regardless of his skill.. That's the Union way of doing things.. I got mine I have been here the longest .. Screw everyone below me..

You got your second wind there buddy. Relax, the truth will amaze you. We have performed quite well, FedEx likes to underpay... They like when people like you disregard your own value, and place all your cards at the FedEx alter.

Oh, and before I leave, I'd like to try to help fix this mess...

You got your second wind there buddy. Relax, the truth will amaze you. We have performed quite well, FedEx likes to underpay... They like when people like you disregard your own value, and place all your cards at the FedEx alter.

Oh, and before I leave, I'd like to try to help fix this mess...

Sorry that was all mis information on my part .. Seniority is a joke... If you were so skilled you could leave and make same amount or more else where but you can't so you crap on bottom guy not unlike what you call a corporation. I see all the veterans giving up their long runs out of the kindness in their hearts...

Sounds more like " I THINK I'm the greatest. Screw everybody above and below me.'

History degree. Trucking?
Why?

Because I like the road and driving a truck.. Tried being professor but my views did not fit into liberal agenda so I found honest hard work.. You should know being a driver... Hard honest work

Why not find a conservative Institution?

Just because we like hard honest work doesn't mean we have to be TOLD our compensation.
America affords us the freedom and liberty to sit down at a table with a contrat just like anybody else providing a service for pay.

I am a union driver. if you were gonna have electrical work done who would you rather do it somebody from the ibew or the guy asking for work outside of lowes. if you need a plumber you use a someone from the pipefitters union. if you need a building built you use masons and iron workers you need earth moved you use the operating engineers. hell most of your local services are union the public works the police even the dispatcher for fire and ems. you even want to be entertained you you have the screen actors guild. the reason you use these union people is because they have a reputation as being the best in their industry through training and laws. yes they cost more but in the long run you get what you paid for.i am proud to say I am union I plan to retire with hopefully 120k a year between my pension, 401K, social security( if still around), and stock options. also when I go out in 25 more yrs. I should have health ins. till I qualify for medicare. the reason for seniority is so joe blow dispatcher cant screw you so his buddy can get what he wants.

holy crap at least change your script so it doesn't sound like a fedex mandatory meeting.
He probably is correct, and quoted a NLRB website. Regardless tho; if there was a strike and a settlement, the IBT wouldn't settle without including this in a return to work agreement....

Card gets you a right to request a vote... That's all... If Union gets voted in you earn right for Teamster to negotiate for you to that's it

Correction! I have the name and number of a labor lawyer supplied to me by the union free of charge as a show of good faith on their part. To be used in the event FedEx attempts to terminate me for union activity.

Got with a signed card. No dues out of my check!

When the day comes when you have some seniority, youll appreciate it. There really aint too many standouts with a governor on your truck.

Sorry that was all mis information on my part .. Seniority is a joke... If you were so skilled you could leave and make same amount or more else where but you can't so you crap on bottom guy not unlike what you call a corporation. I see all the veterans giving up their long runs out of the kindness in their hearts...

Correction! I have the name and number of a labor lawyer supplied to me by the union free of charge as a show of good faith on their part. To be used in the event FedEx attempts to terminate me for union activity.

Got with a signed card. No dues out of my check!

I don't think Fedex is worried about your drum beating union activities. Your really not that important. You've got a sign card and they don't take out union dues, Really. Could that be because your just a want-a-be Teamster. You haven't had an election, vote or contract signed with Fedex yet. But if they start taking out dues before all this happens let me know. I've got a bridge we need to talk about. Don't forget that signed card your so proud of is only good for six months. TP Bridge Consultant.

Biting tongue... :kickedoutsmile:

Yep. While you do have a right to strike and cannot be fired for striking, you can be replaced. In addition, if you engage in an economic strike, you would generally become an "economic striker."

As an economic striker, your employer is legally allowed to hire a permanent replacement to fill your job. As/if you and/or the union call off the strike, you are not entitled to your job back until a vacancy occurs. Instead, you would be placed on a preferential rehire list and may return to work only when an opening occurs.

The Right to Strike | NLRB

"Economic strikers defined. If the object of a strike is to obtain from the employer some economic concession such as higher wages, shorter hours, or better working conditions, the striking employees are called economic strikers. They retain their status as employees and cannot be discharged, but they can be replaced by their employer. If the employer has hired bona fide permanent replacements who are filling the jobs of the economic strikers when the strikers apply unconditionally to go back to work, the strikers are not entitled to reinstatement at that time. However, if the strikers do not obtain regular and substantially equivalent employment, they are entitled to be recalled to jobs for which they are qualified when openings in such jobs occur if they, or their bargaining representative, have made an unconditional request for their reinstatement."

Back on topic: as info:
A strike that commences for purely economic reasons may be converted into an unfair labor practice strike if the employer engages in conduct which may subsequently be determined by the National Labor Relations Board (the "Board") to have been in violation of the Act. Examples of such conduct are: bargaining found by the Board to have been in bad faith (i.e., changes in terms and conditions of employment without bargaining with the union; surface bargaining; direct negotiations with employees, bypassing the union; discharge or discipline of employees because of union activity; threats or promises designed to undermine the union. The Right to Strike | NLRB

I don't think Fedex is worried about your drum beating union activities. Your really not that important. You've got a sign card and they don't take out union dues, Really. Could that be because your just a want-a-be Teamster. You haven't had an election, vote or contract signed with Fedex yet. But if they start taking out dues before all this happens let me know. I've got a bridge we need to talk about. Don't forget that signed card your so proud of is only good for six months. TP Bridge Consultant.

Lol. I was saying that the teamsters aren't charging me a thing for the services of a labor lawyer in the event I need one. That post was in a reply to someone else saying signing a card gets us nothing! Please reread! I know I'm not important to FedEx! That's why this whole thing got started! People got tired of watching their friends get tossed aside for bs reasons or being treated like trash!

Just because I signed a card doesn't mean I'm lazy! I get to work early everyday and bust my ass every minute I'm on the clock!

Union or not We have to take care of our customers!!! I guess some of you people like being crapped on!! I never seen people get treated so bad for so long and still beat the company drum!! Not me! I have a backbone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only the ones with no reason to share, other than fear of what the commpany "might" do... have no back bone, or significant "gonads" that you speak of, IMHO. Others, I can respectfully disagree with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not in this fight for either side. I just enjoy the references to backbones and large gonads during debates inferring that anyone disagreeing with said poster has none... :LMAO:
Like I have said before. Not every center is bad, but mine is and I'm tired of being treated like trash and I have said enough! We have people at my center that agree that it's bad, but say they don't want to commit to union or they will sign a card when FedEx signs a contract.

So if you know it's bad and do nothing what does that say about a individual?

If you want to jump on board after the hard work is done what does that say about a individual?

God I wish I was born in the 50's so I could have lived in a time where people stood up for each other and actually cared about each other!!!

Like I have said before. Not every center is bad, but mine is and I'm tired of being treated like trash and I have said enough! We have people at my center that agree that it's bad, but say they don't want to commit to union or they will sign a card when FedEx signs a contract.

So if you know it's bad and do nothing what does that say about a individual?

If you want to jump on board after the hard work is done what does that say about a individual?

God I wish I was born in the 50's so I could have lived in a time where people stood up for each other and actually cared about each other!!!
So a guy who disagrees with your view is spineless? It seems to be what you infer.

I had a teacher once who switched roles by the minute. Never told his real view. Taught to debate facts. Leave emotion home.... Emotion is the lazy argument....

Don't mind me. I'm an equal opportunity offender...

Nobody wants a strike.Even our Teamster contract has a provision that reads we will not strike.Before that happens.There is a provision in the contract.Stating that a 72hour notice will be given to a company that has violated some form of the contract language.Then and only then will anything happen depending on how egregious the company was in a certain violation