FedEx Freight | CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?

T24bound

TB Lurker
Credits
Our center manager in SGF told all of us in the monthly meeting...... “before you mark anything negative on the survey, come see ME first”. Did anyone else’s center manager say this? What’s the point of an anonymous survey if we aren’t allowed to mark anything negative? Now, before all of you comment saying tell HR, id like you to know we WOULD be retaliated against if we did. Our manager is a bully and it’s a known fact. He told us at one time if we wasn’t happy to quit! Once HR found out, he denied it of course.

Our center manager in SGF told all of us in the monthly meeting...... “before you mark anything negative on the survey, come see ME first”. Did anyone else’s center manager say this? What’s the point of an anonymous survey if we aren’t allowed to mark anything negative? Now, before all of you comment saying tell HR, id like you to know we WOULD be retaliated against if we did. Our manager is a bully and it’s a known fact. He told us at one time if we wasn’t happy to quit! Once HR found out, he denied it of course.

Avoid personal retaliation by using the Hotline (FedEx Alert line). Anonymously, if necessary. http://investors.fedex.com/governance-and-citizenship/policies/fedex-alert-line/default.aspx

Don't worry about your manager mark the survey the way your center is. Managers like that is what gives Fedex Freight a bad reputation. If you show him the negatives of the center he will tell every one that that that has already been brought up. Do the survey put it in the box and let him deal with it.

This survey IS NOT ANONYMOUS.

Now, fill it out how you want. I actually like my Center management and most of my answers reflected that. There were a few things I rated lower but I had to be honest :)

Told ya....
Some of the childish games they play in dispatch and the closed door policy.

Told ya....
Some of the childish games they play in dispatch and the closed door policy.
But the thing is do they really play the games? It all boils down to you. YOU decide if you can deliver something. YOU decide if a thousand foot driveway up a 9% incline is doable. Bottom line is you ****-up, you have a preventable. The company doesn't care if you have one or three. I once had some idiot rat on me that I was dragging wheels IN THE MIDDLE OF A RAINSTORM and that the tires might be damaged.

ONE - in a driving rain I didn't even notice the wheels not turning. TWO - the inspection showed no damage.

But the very fact that they would even be concerned about such BS is beyond belief. And FxF wonders why they lose drivers.

But the thing is do they really play the games? It all boils down to you. YOU decide if you can deliver something. YOU decide if a thousand foot driveway up a 9% incline is doable. Bottom line is you :censored:-up, you have a preventable. The company doesn't care if you have one or three. I once had some idiot rat on me that I was dragging wheels IN THE MIDDLE OF A RAINSTORM and that the tires might be damaged.

ONE - in a driving rain I didn't even notice the wheels not turning. TWO - the inspection showed no damage.

But the very fact that they would even be concerned about such BS is beyond belief. And FxF wonders why they lose drivers.

I thought you were not a noob? Were not allowed on anyone's driveway. :scratchhead:

It's not really anonymous because you have to enter your code to log in on the computer so they know it's you. It's a scam. Also, notice how the survey never really has an area where you can type in what you think in your own opinion. they are hiring way to many city drivers at our terminal and starting 95% of the drivers by 9:30am. alot of OT going away and drivers getting pissed!

It's not really anonymous because you have to enter your code to log in on the computer so they know it's you. It's a scam. Also, notice how the survey never really has an area where you can type in what you think in your own opinion. they are hiring way to many city drivers at our terminal and starting 95% of the drivers by 9:30am. alot of OT going away and drivers getting pissed!
Hmmm, wonder if the over hiring could be caused by the new vacation average for the city drivers? Just a random thought.

Personally not concerned about the login. Total anonymity is better, but do we really think they are looking to run off drivers? For answering the questions? The lack of a comments option is disappointing, but THAT is their loss.

On the OT thing, it's always funny that about half of drivers (#metoo) are pissed about too much OT, while the other half get pissed about not enough OT. Currently, where I'm at, the dock offers unlimited OT.

Last edited:
Hmmm, wonder if the over hiring could be caused by the new vacation average for the city drivers? Just a random thought.

With all due respect, that's absolute NONSENSE.

If the 50% premium paid for overtime is NOT a deterrent, they why in the world would the 1.9% additional vacation benefit have any effect? 50% (premium) is palatable, but 51.9% is not?
:scratchhead:

No, they say they are preparing for peak season as well as 2019 being a big year for LTL. Only problem is if it doesn't come to fruition a lot of bottom drivers going to get screwed come January. I haven't heard anything about vacation averages in any preshifts but at my terminal many drivers don't even take vacations. We have guys who brag about banking vacation & personal days till they are maxed & paid out automatically. I don't use all of my vacation or personal every year either.

If you want the big bucks, transfer to line haul. Should be openings in Imlay, Nv or Rock Springs, Wy. Relay runs with big miles.

If you want the big bucks, transfer to line haul. Should be openings in Imlay, Nv or Rock Springs, Wy. Relay runs with big miles.
Don't forget Wamsutter, Wo. Heaven on earth if you don't mind your neighbor blowing up his single wide cooking a new batch of meth. Or getting a subway sandwich before the flies do. Or seeing the person about to make your sandwich and realizing you'd rather have the flies make it. I'm I forgetting anything ??