Central Transport | Canada based TransForc (TSX) buys 1,763,478 shares(10.75%) outstanding shares 1/24/13

Top pay in Dallas....21.25.....About average for the market in Texas...But thats not why I stay...Vitran is pure cake. R&L ...Southeastern...FXF...UPSF....OD.....all push their drivers to the breaking point....UPS parcel pays 33 an hour plus change...But do think I would want to work for them?....Hell no...Sometimes its more than just about money.

Top pay in Dallas....21.25.....About average for the market in Texas...But thats not why I stay...Vitran is pure cake. R&L ...Southeastern...FXF...UPSF....OD.....all push their drivers to the breaking point....UPS parcel pays 33 an hour plus change...But do think I would want to work for them?....Hell no...Sometimes its more than just about money.

Until Vitran eliminates the wage freeze and gives pay rates based retroactively top pay for many is the same as starting pay. Vitran now has no top pay for it's drivers. If they do where is it in writi g that drivers top out at a given wage in a specific time period?

Until Vitran eliminates the wage freeze and gives pay rates based retroactively top pay for many is the same as starting pay. Vitran now has no top pay for it's drivers. If they do where is it in writi g that drivers top out at a given wage in a specific time period?

they're working on that pay issue, it was mentioned in the last video i do believe.

Each region has a top pay, it may not be in writing but all senior drivers are topped out with what their market bears...Texas does not pay overtime ever...other regions do...In Texas some LTL carries like Saia pays overtime after 45....others its 50...Yet some like FXF and UPSF pay overtime after 8....Drivers in Texas start at 18.50 and will never get a raise until the pay freeze is lifted....Now thats messed up...Its no wonder we can't keep drivers, we have a ad in career builders now promoting the new signing bonus. Its just not enough to get good drivers....See most want to go to a company that has no pay freeze. Over 3 quarters of our 32 city drivers are stuck at 18.50...That should tell you everything you need to know about turnover. And turnover in this business goes straight to the bottom line....Its a massive expenditure...And brothers I mean massive when you include accidents and all that time you spend training.....etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Each region has a top pay, it may not be in writing but all senior drivers are topped out with what their market bears...Texas does not pay overtime ever...other regions do...In Texas some LTL carries like Saia pays overtime after 45....others its 50...Yet some like FXF and UPSF pay overtime after 8....Drivers in Texas start at 18.50 and will never get a raise until the pay freeze is lifted....Now thats messed up...Its no wonder we can't keep drivers, we have a ad in career builders now promoting the new signing bonus. Its just not enough to get good drivers....See most want to go to a company that has no pay freeze. Over 3 quarters of our 32 city drivers are stuck at 18.50

Cool. Show me in writing what a city driver hired two years ago in memphis will make in o e year. My poi t is you cannot. That city driver makes the same as he did two years ago with now plan of an increase.

Oh yeah. Keep hoping driver. Vitran has been workin on the pay thing for years...hows that worked out? :smile:

we got a driver that's been with us for a couple yrs now and drivers that were hired after him make more. i told him to quit and reapply. lol.

Cool. Show me in writing what a city driver hired two years ago in memphis will make in o e year. My poi t is you cannot. That city driver makes the same as he did two years ago with now plan of an increase.
What you started at 2 years ago is your top pay....Until the pay freeze is lifted...Seems pretty simple.

it's nice how they have the pay freeze, but those terminals who merged and had pjax and vitran drivers together got pay adjustments. some drivers got a $2.00 an hour plus bump in pay. talk about pissing off the masses. there's drivers that make around $24 an hour to new hires making about $17.50. then there's vitran secretaries making almost $3 an hour more than the pjax secretaries with the same time of service. then vitran drivers get one week pay held while pjax drivers get two weeks...and to think, we are one company now. go figure.

it's nice how they have the pay freeze, but those terminals who merged and had pjax and vitran drivers together got pay adjustments. some drivers got a $2.00 an hour plus bump in pay. talk about pissing off the masses. there's drivers that make around $24 an hour to new hires making about $17.50. then there's vitran secretaries making almost $3 an hour more than the pjax secretaries with the same time of service. then vitran drivers get one week pay held while pjax drivers get two weeks...and to think, we are one company now. go figure.

vitran is two weeks behind, last week i got paid for new years eve week

Exactly! So vitran is not paying close to what other LTL companies are.
In starting pay they are about the same...like Central Transport...R&L....Saia........Conway... Estes....But remember this is in the Southwest region of the U.S. where the cost of living is not as high as in the N.E... I can only really speak for Texas....The N.E. gets more because the cost of living is higher. Again what makes Vitran bad for the new guys is they got caught in the pay freeze....If you were topped out when the freeze hit it really didn't affect you that much...Its not right or fair but thats just the way it is. They won't release the pay freeze in the S.W. because guys that are at 18.50 would go straight to 21.25 and the guys in the N.E. would get even more where the pay scale is different......Thats 75% of the Dallas work force. I can't speak of the percentage in the N.E....They can't take that much of a hit...Their O.R. is too high.....When they start to make money they will most likely release the freeze in increments....They can't absorb it all at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitran will never take drivers from base pay to top pay. There have been drivers waiti g four years for the "raise" which is just a release of the pay freeze. When the freeze is finally released, if it is, it will still take years to get to top pay.

The interesting thing about transforce buying all shares in velocity and some of vitran is the possibility of a merger and amerger with the other LTL companies transfforce owns. If that happens there will be too many drivers. Some of these guys waiting around for a thawing of the pay freeze may wait fives years hoping just to be told they no longer have a job.