Canada loses patience on Keystone XL, tells U.S. to decide

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

Canada loses patience on Keystone XL, tells U.S. to decide | Reuters

2. cmsdock

cmsdock Active Member

Man look at the left preventing jobs and getting in the way. I thought they were for jobs and the little guy.

3. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

More jobs = less Gubment dependents = less Dem votes

4. cmsdock

cmsdock Active Member

Yep and mags doesn't want to work.

5. jeepman

jeepman Truckload Mercenary

The Canadian Government should build the pipeline west to the west coast, then shut off all oil to the US!

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

A lot of people in this Country say "I don't care about that Keystone Pipeline and the jobs that will come along with it, because I'm not going out there to work or moving to that area."

But here's what they don't consider.
    SOME PEOPLE WILL LEAVE THEIR CURRENT JOB AND GO THERE, WHICH WILL OPEN UP JOBS THAT THOSE "I don't care folks" might want to change to, that are near their current home. Good paying jobs will entice people to chase them, and those pipeline jobs will also cause vacant jobs locally.

Think outside of the box people!

7. cmsdock

cmsdock Active Member

On a side note how much is wal mart paying their employees in North Dakota to start? Yep 17 bucks an hour how's that for income inequality?

8. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

We're talking about 1500 temporary construction jobs and after that less than 100.
    What is the purpose of the pipeline?
    To get Canada's oil on a ship in the gulf to foreign markets.
    You guys are lost in this La La land thinking your going to get cheap gas.
    These companies who run this stuff don't do it to give you cheap.
    Wake up and smell the coffee!

You might get cheap-er soon if Iran signs the nuclear treaty.
    This will case the Wall Street option speculators to bid the price down
    If members of Congress here don't sabatoge the deal by imposing more sanctions before the agreement is reached

9. Northern Flash

Then that makes ALL infrastructure jobs "temporary" also then. Do they work on a bridge for decade after decade? NO. They don't. You like spending on infrastructure, which is temporary also. And 1500 jobs my butt..........the pipeline could add as many as 20,000 jobs all together that would help ALL of the affected communities. Even if the jobs don't last forever, they are high paying jobs.

10. Northern Flash

Plus, I've warned you before. You are NOT eligible to comment on threads where we are talking about jobs. Now go on.:kickedoutsmile:

11. Magoo

Your right about the constuction jobs being temporary but the area business does better because of it and the improved roads and bridges are enjoyed for decades.
    Canada will get to ship it's oil worldwide but that won't help you any. Somebody's property will get wasted by leaks and will have to find lawyers to try to get back to normal but you know once it reaches the farmers ground water, normal will never return.

And all of this because you guys are up in arms to get a pipeline put through!
    And why are YOU and I'm asking you not Canada trans pipline employee why YOU think its important?

12. Magoo

I had lots of them, I just don't care for it thats all:coffee1:

13. Northern Flash

Yep. And that also applies to the areas where the pipeline would go through. It's called jobs. Jobs create wealth, which boosts the economy.

I don't care where the oil ends up. America's economy needs the jobs, and the wealth that comes along with them.

Bull. How many major leaks have their been with the Alaskan Pipeline?

Jobs and the potential of more jobs. Ya see, I want to see people prosper, and when people can't find work or have to work for peanuts, they don't prosper, they only survive.

Personally, that pipeline will have very little impact on me......and maybe even ZERO impact on me or my business. But I like to see the economy growing, and when people can't make a living, they don't buy stuff, which keeps the economy stagnant. The lack of jobs is exactly why our economy is in super slow mo.

14. Northern Flash

Who does? But for most of us, working isn't an option.
    :Poke:

15. jeepman

jeepman Truckload Mercenary

Alaska Pipeline and the Oil productions areas are watched over by the environmentalist's 24/7 365. Any leaks in the pipeline have been minimal at worst, and have ZERO impact on the environment or wildlife. This whole issue is nothing more than the TREE HUGGER's in this country stonewalling something that would benefit EVERYONE!

16. cmsdock

cmsdock Active Member

17. Magoo

I don't know about that if you search "alaska oil pipeline leaks" you'll come up many leaks large & small how it hurts the wildlife I can't say, since it's in the boonies not many can see it.
    Also search oil pipeline leaks in the lower 48 and you'll find tons of them, I recall one was it last year crossing the yellowstone river, I like trout.

18. Magoo

19. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

20. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Well, the only plus I see to it is, that the refineries will have to beef up refining technology to refine the oil from Canada... It's very sandy,dirty oil.. There has been estimates released that only around 2000 jobs will be created.. That's on just the pipeline.. The refineries will have to expand the plant to refine this type of oil, and will have to expand employees to around 100 more... Personally, I don't think it's worth it from an economic standpoint... If we're exporting the oil, open the spickets here and sell ours for a more firm dollar amount....