Canada loses patience on Keystone XL, tells U.S. to decide

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, Jan 19, 2014.

1. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

Sorry Jimmy, but unemployment is calculated the same way it's always been.

I's true some people aren't counted (like those that choose not to work, for whatever reason), but that's not new.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Point is one company doing good isn't an indicator of a good economy. Even in 08 there were profitable companies doing better than ever.

And if you dare to actually read that blog, you would see that they pull thier stats from other, well known, credible sources.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yup! When it was in the 5% range under Bush, the labor participation rate was much higher, than now.

Doesn't Ed Shultz tell you this?

4. CCXdriver

You obviously watch Ed more than I do, so I couldn't say.

And I don't know why you keep bringing Bush up, but he had some good years as far as unemployment goes(the ones following Clintons term). But he had one very bad one, that took awhile to dig out of.

5. CCXdriver

It's not one company doing good, it's overall freight levels.

What is ABFs volume compared to this time 5 years ago?

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Ya, and you sound just like him.

Why did I bring up Bush? Either you're dumb as a box of rocks, or a troll that only wants to be annoying.

Unemployment is calculate the same, and labor participation rate is part of the calculation. Which is why I brought up Bush. A low unemployment rate with a higher labor participation rate is much better than a low unemployment rate with a much lower labor participation rate.

Riddle me this genius, in January of 09 145 million Americans had jobs, today it's 144 million. How is that better?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Again my point went flying over your head. You think the economy is doing good because Conway is doing well. My point was not all companies are doing well. The economy doesn't revolve around Conway.

Still didn't answer my question though. If you think the economy is doing so well, than why is Obama and the Democrats pushing to extend welfare benefits and raise minimum wage?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  8. CCXdriver

Let's stick to the subject for now.

And it looks as though my point went over your head. I'm not just talking about Conway. I'm talking about overall freight levels.

9. CCXdriver

No, I just thought we were done talking about him.

So we're done talking about unemployment rates, now it's labor participation? Every time I disprove you, the subject changes.

Who gave you those figures?

10. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Stoney seems like he needs anger management.

11. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Maybe if he went from Stoney to Stoner he would relax? :D

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

OCARE will help MY freight levels. We need a grim reaper smilie!

13. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

But yet the true economic numbers proves your theory wrong. But you wouldn't know that since you refuse to read anything that doesn't jive with your narative.

Who said we're done talking about him? I know I'm just tired of the silly blame Bush mantra.
    Anyhow, I wasn't talking about Bush. I was comparing the unemployment numbers from then to now, and explaining the difference.

I am talking about unemployment numbers. Haven't you been reading? Labor participation is part of the calculation.

Who gave the figures? The Labor Department.

Why?

Like I haven't heard that one before.

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if they didn't throw out an impressive lower # one week to the Media and come back later in the month and raise it. Did it thru-out the election, combined with O's many lies. What's the U6 number? With more on SSI Disabilty (the fund is going broke) and double the amount on Food Stamps (both of those programs are not the job of government, but Should be the job of churches and charities)- we have 91.8 million no longer working...

15. CCXdriver

How does an aging population (baby boomers retiring) fit into your (or should I say Rafael Cruz's) labor participation narrative?

16. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

300,000 to 500,000 a month are all an aging population? Plus how many are being forced into retirement because they can't find a job?

17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

They take, don't add. Like it or not.

There is no Hebrew word for retirement. No Biblical figure ever retired. Just sayin. Don't remember time clocks either... :bouncy: maybe we're doing it all wrong?

My narratives are mine, babe

18. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Holy crap. Was there any room for it to go higher in '09? Nope. And it wouldn't be dropping now if there weren't so many people that have given up looking for work, and Barry wasn't fudging the numbers.

19. Northern Flash

I'm in the "underwater basket weaving" business. I have 49 employees, and I need more. But I can't go over 50 employees or Obama will
    :2437:me.
    The good news is .......that you know nothing about what I do for a living. And since I don't need any more competition, I don't get into the details. Sorry.
    Just put me down as a freeloading Liberal or something. I'm good with it.lol

I disagree completely. There are only a few idiots on here. Strange thing is...... they're all lefties.

LOL. I'm just messin' with you. Relax. I'm no hotshot, just a workin' man, tryin' to get by. Well..........at least I work once in a while.....but I think that counts.

20. Northern Flash

And you bash Mitt Romney for using the legal tax codes for his business? You are a hypocrite.

Whatever you say there bossman. lol

Then keep your ass off a trucking forum. lol