Canada-Trucker found dead inside rig

SevenOfNine

TB Lurker
Credits
A missing Kingston-area truck driver was found dead in his rig behind a Wal-Mart in Pickering yesterday and a friend is convinced he was slain for the load of meat he was hauling.

Butch Ross, a fellow trucker, had been looking for his buddy Donnie Brooks for three days and stopped by the department store on Brock Rd. just north of Hwy. 401 last night to confirm it was him.

"It was a homicide, that was all (police) would tell me ... (and) a load of meat got lifted," said Ross, 45, after speaking to Durham police investigators at the scene.

Ross said police found his friend of nearly five years at 8:50 a.m yesterday in his tractor-trailer, which was parked in a laneway behind the Wal-Mart.

"The trailer was empty," he added.

Ross said he and Brooks both live in Lansdowne -- about half an hour north of Kingston -- and their wives are good friends.

"Tuesday night was the last time anybody heard heard from him, and he faithfully calls his wife every few hours like clockwork," Ross said.

The dead man's wife called Ross' wife on Tuesday when she couldn't find her husband, who was driving a load of meat from Gananoque-Brockville area to a Toronto grocery store that was scheduled for delivery Wednesday morning. Ross has been trying to locate his friend since then.

"Strange things happen on the roads. Somebody might have known the truck was loaded with meat," Ross speculated.
story link

A good reason for not talking about what you are hauling on the CB or in a truck stop.
You just never know who might be listening in.

I guess this can happen anywhere.

I just wonder how long it will be before somone decides to hijack a load of fuel.