ODFL | Canada

DMT

TB Veteran
Credits
Anybody else aware we swicthed east canada carriers.. new one seems to have a lot of terminals east and west
---Manitoulin---

You also use a different contract carrier in western Canada too. Manitoulin is a very large company.

This has been very much done on the quiet. Speedy has made no mention of it on their page, Manitoulin has made no mention of it either. The only subtle change I found was on OD's page using the locator. All terminals in Ontario and Quebec are now Manitoulin addresses. Odds are the west will follow, since Manitoulin has a massive presence there compared to the carrier currently in use.

This has been very much done on the quiet. Speedy has made no mention of it on their page, Manitoulin has made no mention of it either. The only subtle change I found was on OD's page using the locator. All terminals in Ontario and Quebec are now Manitoulin addresses. Odds are the west will follow, since Manitoulin has a massive presence there compared to the carrier currently in use.
That's because OD doesn't want it seen as a business partnership. It's not the OD/Manitoulin show. It's OD's brand from pickup to final delivery. The agent is just assisting and making some $$ in the process.

Well, the guys running the switches will get to see the wonder of Canadian ingenuity that is Manitoulin's super trucks. They're a very well organized company, and share the common thread of still being operated by the family. Manitoulin will plaster OD's name on dedicated city trailers if they want them to.

Something really got screwed up with that one. They said they switched to PCE first and PCE doesn't even handle eastern Canada according to their map. Our reps were telling customers not to use OD until things got figured out. Cost a lot of business, I'm sure nobody was fired though. Maybe a wrist slap...maybe.

Something really got screwed up with that one. They said they switched to PCE first and PCE doesn't even handle eastern Canada according to their map. Our reps were telling customers not to use OD until things got figured out. Cost a lot of business, I'm sure nobody was fired though. Maybe a wrist slap...maybe.
Yeah....no comment

Well, the guys running the switches will get to see the wonder of Canadian ingenuity that is Manitoulin's super trucks. They're a very well organized company, and share the common thread of still being operated by the family. Manitoulin will plaster OD's name on dedicated city trailers if they want them to.
Not In the west. Pacific coast trucking ( brokerage) has the OD contract, they hired Arnold Bros in Manitoba to bring up OD pups. Not sure who has the contract west of Manitoba.

Not In the west. Pacific coast trucking ( brokerage) has the OD contract, they hired Arnold Bros in Manitoba to bring up OD pups. Not sure who has the contract west of Manitoba.
CPX does it in BC. How long that lasts depends on VersaCold, who just bought CPX about a month ago to expand long haul reefer operations.

I think someone put "Red Green" in charge up north. This is turning into a duct tape episode if I ever saw one!

If I were a sales rep working on commission I would tell them the same thing, wait until we get the bugs worked out, no sense losing a big customer over some canadien shipments

This is actually incorrect.

We use Pacific Coast Express in Western Canada

Not Coastal Pacific Xpress (CPX)
I'm reasonably sure the last truck I saw pulling an OD set over the Coq was CPX. Granted, I go through there in the middle of the night, and every set I've seen has been going the other way, so I could be mistaken. In which case, I stand corrected. I can't really say since I only see a set once in a blue moon.

If I were a sales rep working on commission I would tell them the same thing, wait until we get the bugs worked out, no sense losing a big customer over some canadien shipments
Our sales reps are not commission based, they are salary. Then based on revenue growth, operating ratio, on time service they get a quarterly bonus up to 70% of their salary. I would tell them not to use a simply because I don't want to chase down all the problems. Doesn't matter if you're standing at the rear of the truck or in the front office, a happy customers better than upset customers.

I'm reasonably sure the last truck I saw pulling an OD set over the Coq was CPX. Granted, I go through there in the middle of the night, and every set I've seen has been going the other way, so I could be mistaken. In which case, I stand corrected. I can't really say since I only see a set once in a blue moon.
Probably easy to mix up.

We def use PCX though