FedEx Freight | Canadian Freight

l8f8

TB Lurker
Credits
Fedex National LTL will be separate from Fedex Freight. But Fedex Freight Canada is part of us. Will those drivers that handled that freight for Watkins be able to dove tail their senority in with us?

Lets say a FedEx Freight driver in Toronto Canada for example picks up a skid going to Florida,how will they determine who will deliver the shipment?

As far as I know Fed Ex doesn't have Canadian employees. I beleive they interline with Day & Ross in Toledo Oh. and I also see another cartage agent pulling their trailers across the border in the Pt. Huron area. I don't know who is pulling their freight across from the Buffalo N.Y. area. Watkins(see Fed Ex National) isn't a huge company by any means in the Toronto area, but that may all change if and or when they cancel the interline agreements and start using their own company.

Cityman said:
Lets say a FedEx Freight driver in Toronto Canada for example picks up a skid going to Florida,how will they determine who will deliver the shipment?
Sounds like 3 or more days and would fall on National.

FM

I think FedEx Freight Canada will have centers popping up all around Canada. From my understanding, Day & Ross will eventually be eliminated from the picture. I think we will see international crossing of our freight, by our drivers. This is why FedEx Trade Networks is so important. They make crossing the border very easy. The eventual goal, is to be able to drag freight wherever we need to in North America, without anyone else.

TwoLane said:
I think FedEx Freight Canada will have centers popping up all around Canada. From my understanding, Day & Ross will eventually be eliminated from the picture. I think we will see international crossing of our freight, by our drivers. This is why FedEx Trade Networks is so important. They make crossing the border very easy. The eventual goal, is to be able to drag freight wherever we need to in North America, without anyone else.

That is great for everyone

Good One Familyman, but remember Day and Ross had the option of selling to us but they want to play hard ball so we will see who wins....

When everything is complete we know if a FedEx Freight driver and a National LtL driver pickup of skids going to Calgary Alberta Canada the the local Calgary FedEx Freight Canada driver will deliver them. But how will the determine who will deliver the crate the Calgary driver pickup on his route going to Buffalo New York USA? Both companies have terminals in Buffalo. Does all USA inbound Canadian freight get delivered by FedEx Freight or will it be split with FedEx National LTL?

?

Cityman said:
When everything is complete we know if a FedEx Freight driver and a National LtL driver pickup of skids going to Calgary Alberta Canada the the local Calgary FedEx Freight Canada driver will deliver them. But how will the determine who will deliver the crate the Calgary driver pickup on his route going to Buffalo New York USA? Both companies have terminals in Buffalo. Does all USA inbound Canadian freight get delivered by FedEx Freight or will it be split with FedEx National LTL?
I would imagine the 3 day points will go to National and the 1 and 2 day points will go to Freight out of Canada and back up to them to plus the other driver said you will see new terminals going up all over Canada well why they will just take over the existing Watkins terminals up there. There will be multiple points going into Canada through our companies both Freight and National. Af now FXF already proved along time ago that it is more profitible to multiple hubs instead of few large ones, same with points ging into up there.

I tried to talk to my CCM today about all of this but it seemed like he did not want to talk much about it . I think even they may not know all details about what is what yet . I did see all the sales force in early today and in his office for a meeting .

I could be wrong, but isn't FXF National going to be handling more of the Volume/ Truckload freight, and not necessarily the long distance freight? We currently do NY to CA in 4 days, which seems to work fine. As many of us know, nothing throws the hub out of whack more than full pups with 1 bill on them. (Other than big, space eating freight) Enough of those 1 bill trailers send the HUB's into scramble mode on how to cover it. I think, FXF National will help to eliminate those sort of things as well. It will all start to play out in 90 days or so.

Smokestack said:
I tried to talk to my CCM today about all of this but it seemed like he did not want to talk much about it . I think even they may not know all details about what is what yet . I did see all the sales force in early today and in his office for a meeting .
You are exactly right my friend it's only been 4 days since the announcement there are 2 many details to be worked out for these type of pacific: ques. to be answered:duh:

Once again I asked the head of our sales dept. today and he told me the same thing again , "We really do not know to much we will have to wait and see." So basically there is just allot of plain speculation out there at this time.

How about customer confusion to throw into the mix , will they have to call four different divisions ( four different trucks) to pick up there airfreight , ground package freight , long haul pallets and over night and two day pallets .

I agree that it is still early and Fred Smith did not build this company on poor judgment, but something is weird about this whole thing.

I can see the Canadian part of the deal, but this long haul part has baffled me and you are right smokestack talking to ccm’s and sales reps seem to confuse the issue even more

I guess the thing to do is be patient and once this deal has been finalized see what happens

Well, I have some negative coments here and there, But I hope as we grow they don't forget the people (city, road, office, dock) that actually do the work. I think its a good thing to grow....