FedEx Freight | Cancelled four day bids

Dick Dastardly

Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!
Credits
I was told at my barn the four x ten bids were cancelled indefintiely. They are too busy right now and everyone is working five days. Some guys are saying they have heard they may not bring them back at all. They are also moving guys who want it to the road board. Seems strange after just eliminating those spots months ago.

I was told at my barn the four x ten bids were cancelled indefintiely. They are too busy right now and everyone is working five days. Some guys are saying they have heard they may not bring them back at all. They are also moving guys who want it to the road board. Seems strange after just eliminating those spots months ago.

Nope, not strange at all once you've been here awhile. Their strategy is simple: hire or accept transfers to the road board, and then when things get slow again soon these poor sorry assess who accepted these positions will be eating rice and crackers out of a tin can because they won't be working and FXF could give 2 *****. about u or them. Welcome aboard pal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Corp told my barn we are no longer allowed to have 4X10 bids. We are doing the new style bid/dispatch and 4X10's don't fit in to the equasion

That's great news, glad they are busy enough there to keep everyone busy. I'm sure there will be some negative Nellys saying otherwise.

roog

Yeah, why have people work 4 ten hour days and struggle to figure out how to staff that fifth day when you could have everyone work 5 six hour days.

I can't believe they have guys actually signing up for it. It's like waving your right to an appeal in a Capital punishment case and just accepting your fate.

I started in this business 29 years ago at one of the old legacy carriers. I learned real quick, pay cash for everything at Christmas time because you'll get laid off from Jan to April.