ODFL | cancer has hit HOME

inthegame

TB Regular
Credits
Wife in hospital, can't afford to take off from the job. Running out of vacation/all purpose days. Just wondering if OD has anything in place to help me during this time.TM, I feel is doing the best he can (I hope).
Days are running into nights and right back into days/nights,hope you understand what I mean.

God bless you and your family inthegame. I'm sure someone with OD can help. If not, your OD brothers I'm sure will.Good luck.

Wife in hospital, can't afford to take off from the job. Running out of vacation/all purpose days. Just wondering if OD has anything in place to help me during this time.TM, I feel is doing the best he can (I hope).
Days are running into nights and right back into days/nights,hope you understand what I mean.

This sounds like a good question for the OD office types that are on here lurking every day.What can be done for this young driver and his family ? What he's going thru now is a once in a life time struggle not an every day occurrence.If nothing else can he take advance vacation with pay just to get him thru this deal ? Helping an employee in a time like this is what makes a company a strong unit not shiny trucks and new computers.

Hi

I am sorry to hear about your wife.

I am not sure if this is a option or not or how it works. Have you considered taking a leave of absence for a family emergency? Could you somehow qualify for disability? I would contact some in corp in the HR department to see what other options are out there. All you can do is ask it would could never hurt.

I feel for you driver and hope all goes well for your wife,I am a cancer survivor (kidney) I was scared s***less but they assured me it was no big deal. I'm confident the fine co. O/D can/will work with you in your time of hardship, tell your better half I'm praying for her

I wish your wife the best to beat this problem. Your a champ sticking by her side as well. Take a look in the OD hand book and if there are no answers to your ordeal then you should call someone on the open door policy that is in higher management.

inthegame,not much I can do here but wish your wife &you the best!Contact corparate to see what can be done to help.

To ALL that have responded, THANKYOU.
Just got back from hospital, wife drugged up, able to run home and catch a few hours of rest (still not much sleep).
Just want everyone to know I am not looking for any handouts. I served my COUNTRY,and will still serve my COUNTRY. I have plowed the fields. Volunteered to my community as a fire fighter. Supplied for the homeless,and have worked hard for ALL that I have given my FAMILY.
Just want her cancer gone from her body so we can grow old together.
Again thanks for your responses a Driver from LIS

Wish you and your wife all the best and that she gets well soon.
I hope some of the bigger terminals set up some envelopes for donations, then you will need as much help as you can get.
And Driver: be carful and get enough rest for your driving then you need this Job more then ever before. And like skywalker says: Talk to someone from the open door policy and I’m sure they will sit with you on a table. Good luck to you.

Have TM call HR and ask request FMLA papers. You can file for intermittent FMLA which means you can still work but take only days off that you need. Company has to provide you with FMLA papers if you ask, then they have only so many days to reply. Good luck.

Talked with Mark M today, not much accomplished. Said he would get back to me.
Trying to use the chain of command so ALL bases are covered DON"T want to step on any toes).
Would really like somebody to step up to the plate and assist me with this as my hours are short. You can even send private mail if you would like.
Showed my wife copies of e-mails already, said that OD people do care.
Surgery 5/06 Wed, Hip removal............ than attack rib.......

Talked with Mark M today, not much accomplished. Said he would get back to me.
Trying to use the chain of command so ALL bases are covered DON"T want to step on any toes).
Would really like somebody to step up to the plate and assist me with this as my hours are short. You can even send private mail if you would like.
Showed my wife copies of e-mails already, said that OD people do care.
Surgery 5/06 Wed, Hip removal............ than attack rib.......

Keep a record of who you talked to and what they say. Did you request FMLA? If so the company has to supply you with the paperwork to make a formal request. It is up to the HR dept to approve or disapprove. Also, when FMLA papers come your wife's doctor will have to complete his part necessitating the need for you to be off to help your wife. Good Luck...

Always covering the back, agian FMLA paper work in process
Showed wife how many people responded to this blog, brought a smile to her face. She did notice something else also. How many people went to blog and said nothing, I just said to her that maybe other people have a similar problem and are just seeing what is being said.
Keep writting to this blog and if you have not do so, she would really enjoy it.
KEEPING the FAITH
REELRED & BUMBLE BEE

Always covering the back, agian FMLA paper work in process
Showed wife how many people responded to this blog, brought a smile to her face. She did notice something else also. How many people went to blog and said nothing, I just said to her that maybe other people have a similar problem and are just seeing what is being said.
Keep writting to this blog and if you have not do so, she would really enjoy it.
KEEPING the FAITH
REELRED & BUMBLE BEE

My mother is going through cancer right now, and I see all the sacrifices that my dad has to make everyday, they live about 100 miles away from where she has to get treatment, she is staying with my brother right now, and my dad has to stay at home to work and make ends meet.
I can somewhat (only very slightly, I"m sure) feel your pain. Hope all goes well and that your wife gets better soon.
My mom always says "The best thing I can do is stay positive."

Just a word of THANKS to all that responded. Hip was removed early today,replaced hip and upper femer. Still has a long way to go. Just thought I'd give you all an update.

Have TM call HR and ask request FMLA papers. You can file for intermittent FMLA which means you can still work but take only days off that you need. Company has to provide you with FMLA papers if you ask, then they have only so many days to reply. Good luck.

A driver at my company did this about a year ago. Sometimes he would only work 2 days a week, while his wife was getting treatment.

Been quite buys the last couple of weeks,she has been some handful. Still in hospital, was suppose to start cemo today, insurance postponed therapy needs to go to another hospital.... what a runaround