ODFL | cancer has hit HOME

Just an update;
Still in hospital, no changes.
She had kemo for 5 straight days. Radiation to start back tomorrow. Plasma foricesis also,then dialysis. No change to kidneys. It sure has been touch and go.
Starting to take off alot more from the job. Sure wish they offered more with the FMLA,such as alittle help with the green stuff (you know what I mean).
Getting a heck of a run around with social security for her. She also has a policy for sickness, that also is dragging their feet (but they still take money every month). The company is called COMBINED INSURANCE, they make you jump through hoops trying to recieve payment. If you have this policy, rattle their chains and see what they will do for you.
Other wise still "Praying for GODS will to be done" keep the prayer circle going and THANKS for all the support.
REELRED (LIS)

Are you getting the FMLA yet? Or are you still waiting on it. It should be close to your pay every week. Not sure what the max is.

I am an excellent patient advocate. Pm me and I will give you my phone number and I will fight for your coverage and benefit. I have done this many times and I know the hoops and I know how to get it done. I will do anything you need me to do to help. I will get it done though. I have helped many people in this situation. It is what I do best. Fight with ins. companies.

prayers are going out and you are always in my thoughts. Send me the pm. I will help you.

FMLA requires to use any vacation and sick leave. This is what you get paid for. After that runs out, there is no pay. Your job is secure. Short term or long term disability does not apply because you are not the one who is incapicated.
HOWEVER, if you are paying for this extra insurance then by all means they owe you something. They figure you are already overwhelmed and if they delay it long enough you will give up. DON'T. Let USA TRKR help and if he can't get anywhere, one or both of you PM me and I'll see what I can do. I haven't had the bit@h gloves on in a while.

Any terminal where I have worked (CF, Yellow) all the employees get together and take up a collection to help someone in a situation like this.

Stay strong for her. Just be careful not to let yourself get run down. We are all praying for you.

Let us know what we can do the help. BTW, what is the count on the number of cards she has gotten. Maybe we can pull together and set a record.

I guess its jus t a CA thing. But when I had my Heart attack in March hubby got FMLA for the weeks he took of to care for me. He didn't have vacation or sick leave so I don't know if its just a CA thing or what. He got paid the 2 weeks and it was through the unemployment office but it wasn't unemployment it was way more. We need to look into this.

I have not sat down and counted the cards that were sent, maybe this weekend. It would give something to do while she is resting(not too much of that though). Alot of cards came from ODFL corp. areas, quit a surprise.
As far as a fund drive, the North East has done a collection and that was a surprise also. I have been in the trucking business for about 30 years and have alot of friends that I talk to all the time about my wife when they ask.

Your posts have been read over 7,000 times.You are not by yourself my friend.We're all hoping for the best for you and your family.

Hi all,

I have been asked to post updates. Things aren't going very well lately. There is internal bleeding and they will check for the bleeding tomorrow. They are praying to find it and stop it. If they can't then it has been decided to stop treatment and let her go to be with God. This is a very trying time and emotions are running high. Please say a prayer tonight and keep them in your thoughts. I will keep you posted as soon as I am updated.

Thanks everyone for all your support and prayers.
GodBless

I don't think I have said a prayer since my mom was in that same spot, but I will tonight! Thanks for the update USA!

Thanks for the update USA TRKR,My heart goes out to Lisa&game still in our hopes and prayers out here in the plains.

Your welcome all. I'll post as soon as I know anything.....For now lets keep the prayers going..........Strong....

Same here with my mom....you're going to need strength. Take help from anywhere you can get it. You'll get thru however God intends. Saying a prayer for you & your family.

Hi All,

A little good news today. Lisa is still in hospital, doctors report as of today that there is no sign of bleeding internally. They did a full body scan yesterday also and the doctor is waiting for results. Asked what is next step, have to wait for cat scans.

Keep the prayers going.
GodBless

Hi All,

Well, I talked with inthegame and the scans are back. The scans do not look very good and there will be a meeting with the Docs on Monday and we are feeling the next step will be to keep Lisa comfortable.

Keep the prayers going and keep sending healing thoughts.
GodBless

Hi All,

Well, I talked with inthegame and the scans are back. The scans do not look very good and there will be a meeting with the Docs on Monday and we are feeling the next step will be to keep Lisa comfortable.

Keep the prayers going and keep sending healing thoughts.
GodBless

Thanks for keeping us posted.Sometimes things slow down here but your posts are read constantly.Inthegame and his family are in our prayers.