XPO | Cant get our 3% 401K match back, but..............

pyle is non union and offers a pension, so does fedex.
But they are the exception and not the rule of non-union carriers. Furthermore the payout isn't anywhere near the Teamsters. Abfer will be getting 4K a month... Those you mention the amount they pay after 25 or 30 years is very insignificant.

What the whole problem is , we as the middle class are going to have to take our country back. The Republicans are catering to the rich, the Democrats are giving it all away. I'm going with the independent and voting against everyone in office now and get them out!!!!

The management and sales staff in the Detroit region all took a 2 day trip up to Traverse city Michigan for a conference meeting. Along with golf and fishing trips. Why couldn't this meeting have taken place at the palace headquarters in Ann Arbor, MI and saved a ton of money?
Also have any of you taken a recent look at CNW stocks and the insider trading from our ceo's of the company? These guys get these enormous stock options with the company and make millions and millions every quarter to line their pockets. Very easy to check online, it'll make you sick.
All the while they wont give our 401k match back and are cutting our overtime.
Wow, this subject surely stirred the pot. Nice to see somebody commenting on something for a change. Don't expect any changes to happen, the fat cats are too busy lapping up the corporate gravy. With that said, trust conway you are in good hands with conway.....

I understand that and the example you use with YRC is a prime example of why the Teamsters failed you guys. As a 60 year old man I took control of my future with my IRA. I'm going at 62 debt free. Leverage has always been the key. That has been lost with the Teamsters. That is just reality.
I am 58, been retired 2 years ( due to bad health) from Yellow(yes Yellow, not Yrc) and am also debt free. Debt free is a consience decision and lifestyle not a union or non-Union issue. Yes, I did suffer because of Yellow's bad decisions. I was penalized 54% of my pension due to retiring early under the " new pension rules". I am fine with that because I had prepared financially years before. God has blessed more than I deserve. With no threat of losing drivers to Union companies, corporations can now treat employees any way they want too, ( ie. No 401K match), overtime, etc.). When I was with Thurston I always benefitted from Union companies getting a raise. Thurston would give us one to keep us from voting a Union in. Now with Union companies suffering, there is no threat to keep corporations from doing as they please.

I am 58, been retired 2 years ( due to bad health) from Yellow(yes Yellow, not Yrc) and am also debt free. Debt free is a consience decision and lifestyle not a union or non-Union issue. Yes, I did suffer because of Yellow's bad decisions. I was penalized 54% of my pension due to retiring early under the " new pension rules". I am fine with that because I had prepared financially years before. God has blessed more than I deserve. With no threat of losing drivers to Union companies, corporations can now treat employees any way they want too, ( ie. No 401K match), overtime, etc.). When I was with Thurston I always benefitted from Union companies getting a raise. Thurston would give us one to keep us from voting a Union in. Now with Union companies suffering, there is no threat to keep corporations from doing as they please.

Because what's the point in a driver giving 30 years or more to be told as he is set to retire that what he was promised all that time is a lie ? What does the union do ? It collects dues. It makes money. Them before you. Just like the company. Just like the government. Flog the working man. Punish him for his effort. And do it when he is told old and broke down to fight back.

Hey, I called you out and you stopped talking out your ass. Much appreciated.

Our pension was 5 years to vested. Or did they change that too ? I know some YRC guys that were also told 5 years that are now with other companies.
Uh, this guy said .ss will he get booted for that?