XPO | Cant get our 3% 401K match back, but..............

How are you fighting against YRC/Holland taking YOUR compensation and pension away?
Like highspeed said majority of drivers to old to fight back not gonna say broke down cause we don't work hard. New ones who are just coming in are not complaining because they received a pay raise and and don't understand the fact that they have a little say in their future over here. Our union is only strong as the head at the top. As long as Hoffa is our GP we will never gain anything in future contracts. Freight, parcels, and carhaul division is mostly united in getting rid of him, but produce, warehouse, and every other small division have a decent contract and could care less so they keep him office. That's the reason why the teamsters are not like they where in the early 50s 60s 70s and 90s. United we stand divided we fall. Uncle Sam and corporate America wins. Tim Silvestor 2016

Last edited:
How are you fighting against YRC/Holland taking YOUR compensation and pension away?

They arent, i was making more per hour at my last union job, i tore my acl a 2nd time and had to find an easier job(foodservice). I came to holland AFTER the votes. Im on board anytime someone wants to start getting our money back, and in the meantime, working my ass off because who knows what will happen in the future....

Like highspeed said majority of drivers to old to fight back not gonna say broke down cause we don't work hard. New ones who are just coming in are not complaining because they received a pay raise and and don't understand the fact that they have a little say in their future over here. Our union is only strong as the head at the top. As long as Hoffa is our GP we will never gain anything in future contracts. Freight, parcels, and carhaul division is mostly united in getting rid of him, but produce, warehouse, and every other small division have a decent contract and could care less so they keep him office. That's the reason why the teamsters are not like they where in the early 50s 60s 70s and 90s. United we stand divided we fall. Uncle Sam and corporate America wins. Tim Silvestor 2016

The job may not be physically demanding but, father time is vicious. Often our health is left behind somewhere in our youth.

Songremainsthesame may have just been stirring the pot. It's a short and sweet thought. I dare not try to read to much into it either way. I think it's an interesting observation though. That someone in the union would criticize a non union driver for not having a pension and doing nothing about it all the while the union guy is having his pension taken from him and not only is he doing nothing about it, he voted for it to be that way. He and his " brothers " chose this to be the case.

So you might ask that guy.... if you don't feel the need for yourself to have a pension why are you telling me that I need to have one ?

Motives are often muddled in a format like this. There are people out there that believe YRC is able to be saved. And that hurting the other carriers any way they can " levels " the playing field and strengthens their chances at keeping their own job. Pipe dreams are indefensible. You can't argue a fantasy. So they continue with their heads in the clouds and the rest of us just keep trucking.

Btw, why not explain your layover/breakdown/delay pay, along with your 100 a week for insurance, and then explain how much better off you are sitting for free, waiting for your load.

I have explained it. Several times. And I do not sit for free. It's $7.50/hr for NO effort on my part. You see I'm sitting. Doing nothing. And getting paid something. For doing nothing. You seem confused. You are all about that free insurance but forget that 15% of your wages aren't being given to you. The company is stealing from you. If for example you make $1000 in a week, you give then back $150. I pay $100 for insurance for my whole family. Which is more, $100 or $150?

Ok I answered yours, you ducked mine. What are you doing to fight YRC about your wages and pension?

I have explained it. Several times. And I do not sit for free. It's $7.50/hr for NO effort on my part. You see I'm sitting. Doing nothing. And getting paid something. For doing nothing. You seem confused. You are all about that free insurance but forget that 15% of your wages aren't being given to you. The company is stealing from you. If for example you make $1000 in a week, you give then back $150. I pay $100 for insurance for my whole family. Which is more, $100 or $150?

Ok I answered yours, you ducked mine. What are you doing to fight YRC about your wages and pension?

So, the big 7.50, huh, after 4 hours?you realize that i make a couple hundred every week on my hourly pay, compared to your 35 or so dollars?

i didnt duck anything, but i would have a hardtime explaining it to a guy who sits for free when his load isnt ready.

So, the big 7.50, huh, after 4 hours?you realize that i make a couple hundred every week on my hourly pay, compared to your 35 or so dollars?

i didnt duck anything, but i would have a hardtime explaining it to a guy who sits for free when his load isnt ready.

Ummm, yeah you did. You are purposefully ducking my question because you don't have an answer. I understand. You come from a union family. It's all you know. You've been convinced the union is the only way. I'm sorry you feel insecure of yourself so much you need someone else to fight your fights.

I don't sit for free. I get delay immediately. And breakdown immedjately. Like as soon as the delay starts. How many times do I have to tell you that? I know it may not be my whole hourly rate but so what? I'm doing NOTHING to earn it. If you are going to ignore my questions and misrepresent what I say and try to look down your nose at me because I've not been brainwashed that being represented by a corrupt organization is the only way to work when all you all do is bitch and moan that the union sold you down the river, then I guess we have nothing to say to each other.

Me and bill both came in after all the concessions were in place. So we can miss what we never had leave that for and Ole hand to argue. But if you breakdown our health care even if you say the 15% is paying for it. We still have a better deal compared to what Conway offers in term of deductibles maximum out of pocket expenses etc.

Ummm, yeah you did. You are purposefully ducking my question because you don't have an answer. I understand. You come from a union family. It's all you know. You've been convinced the union is the only way. I'm sorry you feel insecure of yourself so much you need someone else to fight your fights.

I don't sit for free. I get delay immediately. And breakdown immedjately. Like as soon as the delay starts. How many times do I have to tell you that? I know it may not be my whole hourly rate but so what? I'm doing NOTHING to earn it. If you are going to ignore my questions and misrepresent what I say and try to look down your nose at me because I've not been brainwashed that being represented by a corrupt organization is the only way to work when all you all do is bitch and moan that the union sold you down the river, then I guess we have nothing to say to each other.

if i had your insurance, id be in the poorhouse for my daughters heart surgery last year. Minimum wage in most states is higher than what you get for breakdown and delay. I guess the union must seem corrupt to you after sitting 3 hours and making what i make in one.

Since this has to do with Conway's pension, not OD or YRC, let's keep it on track please. They have their own forums to discuss their pensions.

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some people who face reality, and then there are those who turn one into the other. Face reality as it is, not as you wish it to be. When was the last time the Teamsters organized a major LTL company? It was UPS. And that was because of the pension leverage. Don't ever see that happening again. Let's just start with the reality that corporations cannot guarantee anyone a lifetime job any more than corporations have a guarantee of immortality.
Let's be clear Train, the Pension leverage did NOT contribute to the ability of UPSF drivers to organize. The Pension leverage DID CONTRIBUTE to the quality of their contract, no doubt.

Anytime a sufficient number of drivers (for ANY company) decide that they want union representation, they will have it. There is nothing ANY company can do to stop it, again, IF THE DRIVERS WANT IT.

As far as the quality of the contract... in THIS market, one should never underestimate the strength on a truly united workforce. The hard part is uniting that workforce for a common goal.

Last edited:
if i had your insurance, id be in the poorhouse for my daughters heart surgery last year. Minimum wage in most states is higher than what you get for breakdown and delay. I guess the union must seem corrupt to you after sitting 3 hours and making what i make in one.

We have out of pocket maximums on our insurance, just like you. How much is yours? Just curious since you seem to know so much about mine.

No the union is corrupt, and you can't question that. If you do, you're blind. Has nothing to do with how much I get paid in delay. I'm glad you're finally admitting I do get paid rather than lying blindly just to support your position.

after the 4 hours that is, lol.....im glad you like your job, what do you want me to say? I came here AFTER the MOU vote. id still take it over everything but upsf, upsp, and abf, or pipeline or movie work that is permanent....

after the 4 hours that is, lol.....im glad you like your job, what do you want me to say? I came here AFTER the MOU vote. id still take it over everything but upsf, upsp, and abf, or pipeline or movie work that is permanent....

Solos get paid delay after 2 hours, teams (which I am) are immediate. Breakdown is immediate too.

I think you should apply for permanent movie work... Gotta be a p*on studio somewhere looking for a cross-eyed midget... Kidding, but you still didn't answer my question...

The hard part is uniting that workforce for a common goal.
You are absolutely correct. The Teamsters simply don't have enough to offer .... Otherwise they wouldn't be struggling to get Conway and FedEx .... The workers just aren't buying what the Teamsters are selling. From the very beginning terminals would have started falling like dominos ..... Instead it's one step forward and two steps back. It all comes down to who is the better salesman I suppose. If the workers want the Teamsters they will have it. You are correct. The problem is that they don't want it. That should be very clear by now.

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct. The Teamsters simply don't have enough to offer .... Otherwise they wouldn't be struggling to get Conway and FedEx .... The workers just aren't buying what the Teamsters are selling. From the very beginning terminals would have started falling like dominos ..... Instead it's one step forward and two steps back. It all comes down to who is the better salesman I suppose. If the workers want the Teamsters they will have it. You are correct. The problem is that they don't want it. That should be very clear by now.

Today, I admit, it does appear that way. The only thing I would have to clarify is, it's not really the Teamsters that are struggling to organize. It is the drivers attempting to get their co-workers on board. The Teamsters have actually done very little, in terms of actual work, support, or effort. That is just my opinion, as a casual observer. I do have to say that the exception might be the (FedEx) effort in Stockton, CA. That was the most well organized effort yet. Even that effort may have been predominantly the drivers, with some good assistance from the Teamsters. I seem to recall good organization from both, that overwhelmed the Company's effort. Even though the Company enjoys an undisputed advantage in terms of getting their message out.

Back on the big picture. Today, you are correct. The effort struggles, for a couple reasons.