Cant take the workers Loyalty away from Jevic

JoeV1001

TB Lurker
Credits
Jevic has been out for quite a while and if you look at the dates of entries of other companies on the trucking boards main menu,there are more people visiting the site of Jevic, a dead company than the companies still in business. That is LOYALTY folks. The Fun in the Sun partners of capital corruption didnt know what they had with this company called Jevic. They never realized the extra that people would do to drive that really cool blue truck down the road. A manager mighnt be called an educated idiot who couldnt see this loyalty. People are still coming back to this section of the trucking board like a cult following...Loyalty...it sure is something.

Jevic has been out for quite a while and if you look at the dates of entries of other companies on the trucking boards main menu,there are more people visiting the site of Jevic, a dead company than the companies still in business. That is LOYALTY folks. The Fun in the Sun partners of capital corruption didnt know what they had with this company called Jevic. They never realized the extra that people would do to drive that really cool blue truck down the road. A manager mighnt be called an educated idiot who couldnt see this loyalty. People are still coming back to this section of the trucking board like a cult following...Loyalty...it sure is something.

You're so right. Jevic was an original. I bet many out there are starting to realize how good it was to work there.:1036316054:

I guess we didn't know how good we had right? only wen you loose something is when you loose somthing do you appreciate it.

I have not thrown away the shirts Jevic gave us for the state rodeos, and I kept one instructor shirt. I still wear the t-shirts on a regular basis. I guess I'll have to quit doing that next week. I signed on with FedEx Freight. Start on the 18th of this month. I'll always be Jevic Blue on the inside, but now I'll be running under a new flag. The one thing I won't miss is the Cheetah classes I taught at J2

boardman you are right, we had it good.
gabby, same to you.

Later

Al Karvelaitis

day 1 at abf

I have not thrown away the shirts Jevic gave us for the state rodeos, and I kept one instructor shirt. I still wear the t-shirts on a regular basis. I guess I'll have to quit doing that next week. I signed on with FedEx Freight. Start on the 18th of this month. I'll always be Jevic Blue on the inside, but now I'll be running under a new flag. The one thing I won't miss is the Cheetah classes I taught at J2

boardman you are right, we had it good.
gabby, same to you.

Later

Al Karvelaitis
good luck al, i started today(8/11) at abf pittsburgh,pa, wow,what a whole different concept, but all went well, be on the dock for couple weeks then they might turn mme out to the street

Kept my Jackets; some D.I. shirts and the rodeo shirts EARNED at Jevic also. They may not mean anything to some; but like it or not; they were EARNED. Also; would like to go on the record; Dave and Tim didn't close Jevic, Sun Capital did and it was destined to be closed the minute they took us over in the time frame that came down. No matter what Dave and Tim did, they would have still closed it. Good Luck to All!! Scott

Kept my Jackets; some D.I. shirts and the rodeo shirts EARNED at Jevic also. They may not mean anything to some; but like it or not; they were EARNED. Also; would like to go on the record; Dave and Tim didn't close Jevic, Sun Capital did and it was destined to be closed the minute they took us over in the time frame that came down. No matter what Dave and Tim did, they would have still closed it. Good Luck to All!! Scott

I agree Scott, we earned them. We earned the patches, the trophy's, the d i shirts the safe driver awards, the names on our trucks. They should build another sun capitol head quarters building that looks just like the original and burn them both down.

Al

good luck al, i started today(8/11) at abf pittsburgh,pa, wow,what a whole different concept, but all went well, be on the dock for couple weeks then they might turn mme out to the street

Just got my 30 in at ABF Baltimore and paid my first union dues. Gotta say, it is a very different way of working. Never know when I go in if it's straight truck, trailer, pups or pods and sometimes it's two or three of those in one day.

I don't know about your shop, but I really like the respect and the consideration that is given to drivers here. I like getting my lunch and coffee breaks without someone asking why I sat still for a half hour and I gotta say, the NEXTELs work a HECK of a lot better than they ever did at Jevic.

Loyalty

Hi Al; Thx for the reply. How are you doing? Still on W/C here. Waiting to see what happens with it. With all the grumbling the guys did, I'll bet they wish they still had Jevic. Saw where someone said Harry was buying the name back; but I don't believe it. Sun Capital used JEVIC'S good name to run up a lot of bills and then not pay them; plus whatever else they did to smear the name. Keep in touch on here; ok? Scott

Red White and Purple

Hi Al; Thx for the reply. How are you doing? Still on W/C here. Waiting to see what happens with it. With all the grumbling the guys did, I'll bet they wish they still had Jevic. Saw where someone said Harry was buying the name back; but I don't believe it. Sun Capital used JEVIC'S good name to run up a lot of bills and then not pay them; plus whatever else they did to smear the name. Keep in touch on here; ok? Scott

No problem Scott.

I just finished my first week at FedEx, I have yet to actually drive. 1st week is all tests and watching videos. next couple of weeks will be dock and spotter. then they will send me for the actual orientation somewhere out of state for another week. Then god only knows what I'll be doing. Real different kind of place. But at least i'm on the clock, and the benefits look real good.

Just for the hell of it I stopped in at J2 today. They had the auction last week. Dave M. and Steve P. are still there. walked around inside, it's just a hollow shell. all that is left is the carpet on the floor. Some tractors are still there, but they are all sold. Probably 200 or so trailers that still are available. Pretty sad looking place now. Turns out Jevic was told by Sun NOT to try to collect on the money that was owed to Jevic for back freight charges. Pit Ohio was going to buy Jevic before we closed. They told Sun they needed 60 days to line up the money for the purchase. Sun said NO. Hurricane swept through Florida and missed the Sun Cap. building.

Later :smilie_132:

Al

No problem Scott.

I just finished my first week at FedEx, I have yet to actually drive. 1st week is all tests and watching videos. next couple of weeks will be dock and spotter. then they will send me for the actual orientation somewhere out of state for another week. Then god only knows what I'll be doing. Real different kind of place. But at least i'm on the clock, and the benefits look real good.

Just for the hell of it I stopped in at J2 today. They had the auction last week. Dave M. and Steve P. are still there. walked around inside, it's just a hollow shell. all that is left is the carpet on the floor. Some tractors are still there, but they are all sold. Probably 200 or so trailers that still are available. Pretty sad looking place now. Turns out Jevic was told by Sun NOT to try to collect on the money that was owed to Jevic for back freight charges. Pit Ohio was going to buy Jevic before we closed. They told Sun they needed 60 days to line up the money for the purchase. Sun said NO. Hurricane swept through Florida and missed the Sun Cap. building.

Later :smilie_132:

Al

I think that's a little off. Neither Sun nor Pitt wanted to Carry Jevic for the 60 day disclosure period. Either party during that time could have backed out leaving the other holding the bag. So it was up to us to secure a bridge loan. We couldn't get anyone to finance those2 months, so the deal died there.

Gabbydad,

It is cool that you still come to the sight. I also bled blue (like you), until Timmy boy stuck it to me. It was a blessing in disguise though. My lifestyle is much better !!
I thank you clueless Timmy.
I have seen those funny pictures on line of Timmy. I actually have one framed !! It was either from local driver or mother trucker.

I think that's a little off. Neither Sun nor Pitt wanted to Carry Jevic for the 60 day disclosure period. Either party during that time could have backed out leaving the other holding the bag. So it was up to us to secure a bridge loan. We couldn't get anyone to finance those2 months, so the deal died there.

Mighty DadGum Odd that Gabster knows so much now of which he vehemently denied before Black Monday. Oh of course this is all information gained "After the Fact" Okie Dokie!!! :butt kiss:

Loyalty

Thx again for the reply Al;
Why were Dave and Stevie still there? Seems as tho Sun Capital was determined to sell off Jevic and not to let them be a viable competitor out there. Must have figured it was all about money; that's what they do. Someday maybe they will be looked at by some regulatory committee and be closed or some hefty fines levied so they have to liquidate; what goes around comes around, even to Sun Capital. Scott

Thx again for the reply Al;
Why were Dave and Stevie still there? Seems as tho Sun Capital was determined to sell off Jevic and not to let them be a viable competitor out there. Must have figured it was all about money; that's what they do. Someday maybe they will be looked at by some regulatory committee and be closed or some hefty fines levied so they have to liquidate; what goes around comes around, even to Sun Capital. Scott

Dave M. is getting paid by the lawyers to be on site as long as the remaining equipment is still there. only a couple of people from the office have been able to find jobs so far. If it is hard to find drivers jobs, it's even worse for the office people.

Al

Going back to work with memories

You are so right. I just found this site and happy to be back with my best of the best buddies. I have been off for a little over a year. Now it's time to go back to work. I read that yardjockey said,that sun was going to settle the warn lawsuit. I hope my name was given to the lawyers. Well I guess I will find out in the future. I am going back to work with a heavy heart. As you can see I am on here first, looking for Jevic hoping they were back in business somehow. Don't think I am going to have an easy time finding a good paying job. Especially with a company that will let me hammer it and drive.