ODFL | Car stolen out of DES parking lot.

96impalass

TB Lurker
Credits
Just to let you guys know,

My 1996 Caprice 9c1 with a spotlight on
drivers side, White Ext. Blue interior.

Was stolen out of Des parking lot.

What really pisses me off is the lack of security in this parking lot.

Radios stolen
Speakers stolen
Tires slashed
Cars keyed

They will put cameras inside of yard that
supposedly work, but none inside employee
parking lot.

Now i have to come to work wondering if
the next car i purchase will be broken into
or not even be there.

Be safe out there.

seems we all have the same problem. last time something like this happened in our yard our TM threatened to kick us all out. some of our co-workers are truly cowards.

don't live in the really big city.i would believe it is not just localized to the OD yard ,probably happens all over the area around it too.what kind of area is around the yard ,industrial or residential.

There's been a lot of cars stolen out of the MRT yard. There isn't a fence or anything around the yard at MRT and there's so many cars that sit for a week at a time it's easy pickins.

seems we all have the same problem. last time something like this happened in our yard our TM threatened to kick us all out.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but
this did not happen in the yard, this happened in the Designated Employee (Dockworkers,Drivers)parking lot.

There is a rule only Supervisiors, Sales
and Managers are to park in the yard.

seems we all have the same problem. last time something like this happened in our yard our TM threatened to kick us all out.

this did not happen in the yard, this happened in the Designated Employee (Dockworkers,Drivers)parking lot.

I mean the employees parking lot at MRT which is bigger than some yards.

That must be the t/m's rule.O.D. rule is no private vehicles inside.

don't live in the really big city.i would believe it is not just localized to the OD yard.

Im not sure how much or what kind of Crime
that happens in the City of Des Plaines, but the seven years that i have been working for DES, I personally know what has happened to vehicles in the Employee Parking Lot.

As i said before

Car stereo's stolen(Dockworker)
Speakers stolen(Dockworker)
Tires slashed(Dockworker, and Mechanic)
Car's keyed(a Driver im very good friends with)
ETC.
ETC.

My point is with the repeditive Crime that happens in the Employee Parking Lot, why
is it that no security measures are being taken.(Security Camera's or even a Part time
Security Guard to work nites or weekends)

How many more cars have to get broken into, tires slashed, cars keyed or complety stolen before they wake up.

out of all the terms. i have been to i have not seen any kind of security on the employee parking lots makes you want to ride a bike to work but that would probably get stolen to:hide:

Imagine that!And people wonder why OD doesn't put radios in their trucks.I have had problems in the past with vehicle damages.It seems every once in a while they will hire a group of slackers and when they get caught,the riff raff is gone until the next batch.Some people will never get it,they only work to get a couple of checks to supply some awful habit they have and stealing radios is just part of their lifestyle.

out of all the terms. i have been to i have not seen any kind of security on the employee parking lots makes you want to ride a bike to work but that would probably get stolen to:hide:

Actually Chicago has a pretty good Camera
setup, has alot of cameras on the dock and
a camera that focuses on the main gate, which can see a pretty good amount of the employee parking lot.

Des had a mandatory meeting Tue and Wed.
which i was not able to go, but i was told by another driver they did not even adress my car being stolen.
I think its there responseability to let everyone know who has a vehicle of what happened, so if anyone sees anything suspicious to call their supervisior or the police.

this company is a joke:thumbsdown:

Actually Chicago has a pretty good Camera
setup, has alot of cameras on the dock and
a camera that focuses on the main gate, which can see a pretty good amount of the employee parking lot.

Des had a mandatory meeting Tue and Wed.
which i was not able to go, but i was told by another driver they did not even adress my car being stolen.
I think its there responseability to let everyone know who has a vehicle of what happened, so if anyone sees anything suspicious to call their supervisior or the police.

this company is a joke:thumbsdown:

I know this is a bad thing to say and I know you don't want to hear it but there are very,very few companys that care anything about your personal property.What happen to you is going on everywhere.If it's a few cd's taken out of your car or the car it makes no difference to them.If it's not company property they are just not interested,it is a matter between you and the law.I have seen the same car stolen and recovered twice,cars keyed,tires cut,and broken into.You need someone standing in the lot 24/7 to stop it,most cameras are not good enough to see exactly who does what.The camera MAY pickup something going on but to I.D. someone it would have to be in his face for that.Most companys will just not fork out the money to guard the employee parking lot.

I know this is a bad thing to say and I know you don't want to hear it but there are very,very few companys that care anything about your personal property.What happen to you is going on everywhere.If it's a few cd's taken out of your car or the car it makes no difference to them.If it's not company property they are just not interested,it is a matter between you and the law.I have seen the same car stolen and recovered twice,cars keyed,tires cut,and broken into.You need someone standing in the lot 24/7 to stop it,most cameras are not good enough to see exactly who does what.The camera MAY pickup something going on but to I.D. someone it would have to be in his face for that.Most companys will just not fork out the money to guard the employee parking lot.

This is problably pretty accurate, but as i said
they did not even let the 10% that did'nt know about it, that a vehicle was stolen. so as too be cautious of any suspicious activity going on the parking lot, let a supervisor know or call the police. nothing, just sweep it under the rug and it'll go away.

To you or to them a few CD's may mean nothing, or even a complete vehicle which is now apparent, but to me it was one of the worst feelings to come back from your run and find nothing but glass on the ground where your car used to be. I almost was'nt
able to get home considering i live 45 miles away.

As far as Camera's go, im not saying crime will not happen when in use, but they can be a very powerful deterant. With technology today Digitial IR Camera's equiped with multiple LED's are very capable.

Chicago has a guard on duty on the weekends, Des does not, they have an open gate 24/7 365 yes including Holidays as to say hey come in our yard and steal everything we got including the Tractors.

Do you think they would get some real Security then? Think not, they would just claim it like they do everything else.:thumbsdown:

MRT has a gaurd on the weekends, there's no chance of anyone stealing the TV in the break room cause he's always got his eyes on it!
They sold some of the old trucks a while back. People came to pick them up, they got in the trucks and drove them away. Unfortunately they took 1 that wasn't a sold unit it was still being used. I believe the gaurd was there for that, TV is still there.

i have a friend that works for fedex national ltl in mfs he runs to stl he had his money stolen out of his big truck on the stl yard
they got on the running board got his wallet out of the cabinet above the drivers seat took the money and threw his wallet over on the pass side between the seat and the door and the security guard was 30 feet from the truck. he didnt say anything to the person.

Security cameras

We have security cameras all over, in and outside the facility. If freight comes up missing the TM and ATM will review footage to try to find the thief. But when it comes to your own personal property (unless it's theirs) they don't give a ::shit::. They will tell you they'll review video, but who are they kidding. They don't care about anyone or anything but themselves, and what they can do to make themselves look good.
Someone broke out the rear window of my vehicle while I was at work. There is a security camera not more than 100 feet from where I was parked. I told the ATM about it and his response was " That sucks, sorry."
Once again, THANKS OD!!