Career Ending Operation???

sent off an email to my lawyer this morning, asking why i haven't been contacted yet by the doctor's office, to go and get my MRI.

he has not responded as of yet (nearly 5:15 PM), so either he is out of the office for a vacation, or he is tied up with other cases.

got an email from my lawyer, he is waiting for a fax, from the other lawyer, regarding my MRI. i also told him a day or so ago, that the company that supplies me with my TENS pads, has been unable to contact the insurance adjuster. that "so and so" of a sub-human likes to play games...

UPDATE: June 19, 2016

well Friday afternoon (6-17-2016), i had my MRI finally. it was done with out and then with contrasting dye. i had to have a blood test for my creatine level, to be sure my kidneys can with stand the dye. i tried playing the MRI CD in my pc, but it will not auto play, and i will not screw with it, as i have tried and tried many times.

my back ached when i got up off the MRI table too.

i see the surgeon this coming week, to see the results and where i go from there.

as i had mentioned in a posting some time ago, the EMG testing proved i have nerve damage, this was the reason the the several months long approval of this MRI, to locate the problem, and see what needs to be done.

UPDATE: June 20, 2016

this is an email, i just minutes ago, sent to my lawyer...regarding me, not getting my TENS pads, as needed.

Good morning Joe.

I had my MRI taken on Friday June 17th, and my appointment with Dr. Smith is on Thursday June 23rd.

As always I will get the copy of the visit notes when there, and hand deliver them to you as they become available, after the visit, or a day later.

Now, regarding the TENS pads. Last week when I called the supplier, I was told that a sales rep will call the insurance adjuster, and if no response from her, then the rep will speak with her supervisor. I was told to call be the end of last week, but I had been busy on things here at the house, and did not get back with them.

The ending results I got this morning (Monday June 20th, I called at 8 AM sharp), is that, the sales rep cannot get a response back from the insurance adjuster, after making several tries....Just WTF is her Effing problem, Joe.????

She refuses to speak with you, she refuses to speak with Sam (her lawyer), she refuses to speak with the TENS pads supplier.....

The insurance adjuster needs to go to court and "tell it to the judge", about her effing bull-crap., and with out warning, a bench warrant for her to show up, not giving Jeff much of a chance to coach her.

Glenn

i of course changed my lawyers name and the doctors name, and the insurance lawyers name.

although, the word filter here is working, in y email i say what i want and believe me, i did not say bull-crap to my lawyer....

UPDATE: June 23, 2016

ok, had my appointment with the surgeon. well he certainly did see a problem with my back. the MRI showed him, what he had already suspected, nearly 1.5 years ago, when he forst said, that i needed another operation...!!

but he too is very familiar with the hurry up and wait bullcrap, from the workman's comp insurance companies.

so now, what i did was, i signed a form, saying that i approve of the needed surgery. this now has to go on the legal merry-go-round now for the wranglling to take pllace in court, thru the lawyers, the court ordered IME, and da judge.

may not be till ohhhh...say around Decenber (the gal in the office jokingly said) till THIS gets approved..

whatever.....THEY STILL GOTTA PAY ME...!!!!!!!

and also, the lawyer sent a demand letter to the insurance company to pay for my TENS pads...and if they do not....

HEEEEERE'S court again..........weeeeeee.............!!!!!!!!!!

i'm lovin' it.

UPDATE: July 13, 2016

in the A-Typical workman's comp insurance company fashion, again i go now, 6 weeks with no checks.

lawyer submitted the usual petition to enforce, i am waiting for it to be assigned to a judge.

they (the insurance co) continue to play thier games.

i still also await approval for another operation, which i assume, will be denied, then we give it to the court doctor, for his opinions.

this next operation, can maybe be approved by Dec/Jan..???

oh well.

they want me off thier backs...

no way...i want MY BACK fixed.

they accepted responsibility for my injury, they must continue to live with me as i live with them.

lawyer just got back to me. says the court date is the 26th, but he is trying to get me in sooner.

UPDATE: July 31, 2016

Ok, so about 2 weeks ago, i get a letter in the mail.

I have to go see the insurance company IME doctor. this is the same fool that said about 2 years ago, that he will not approve of anymore operations from my doctor.

my attorney told me, he cannot approve anything, only render an opinion, to the insurance company.

I see that fool again, in the end of Sept.

on another note, i go this Tuesday Aug 2nd, to get the insurance company to continue paying for the TENS pads. they stopped paying for them back in March. each time someone tries to call the insurance adjuster, she just does not respond. this time, the judge will see to it, she responds.

as i had said in an earlier posting regarding this new operation, it may be like what, Dec/Jan of 2017 before it gets approved?

as i already know the insurance quack will again deny this operation, so then back to court, back to the court appointed doctor, back to court to see his opinions on my POSITIVE EMG and MRI clearly showing, i still have a back problem.

it's all good, i think..THEY STILL GOTTA PAY ME, and it makes me even more so, CLOSER to retirement......yeah me......!!!!!!!

UPDATE: August 2, 2016

well i had a 9 AM court appointment, and n low and behold, i was the first case. the judge was told by the insurance company lawyer, that the insurance adjuster sucks at her job, i heard his every word. he went on to say that the adjuster, does not even talk to him, her own lawyer..!!!!

and THAT IS TRUE..!!!

anyway's, they have 2 weeks now to start paying again, for my TENS pads. if i call the supply company an order the pads, and i do not get them..??

back to court we go.

i have that insurance quacks IME exam in Sept. but it is near the end of the month. as it is now, we have yet another court date for the 6th..>!!!!!!

Judge said to the insurance lawyer, "try to get the exam done sooner"...no chance in that my lawyer says.

i could care less, i got all the time in the world, as i've said time after time.

more updating, as time warrants.

UPDATE; August 11, 2016

My TENS pads finally got approved again......they arrived in this mornings mail....(i called the supplier last week, to tell them we went to court on Aug 2nd) . my atorney said i can try calling them but they still may want to hear it from the insurance company first.

why the insurance company stopped paying for them, i will not know. but i could care less, they have to continue paying for anything i need till this is settled, and hopefully get that/those additional operation(s).

I still have a late September IME doctors appointment, with the quack insurance company doctor. i'd not be surprise if he denies any more operations, and back to court we go.....!!!!!

Wife went through the hell storms with such quackery insurance companies after her rollover in Indiana in 2000 something.
Same problems with "getting things needed".
There was some type settlement, then the real fun began........and continues.......with........the pains that keep on giving.
Along with Adult onset Diabetes, she was granted Fibromyalgia.....and she's still works four 12 hour shifts a week (4 on, 4 off).
Back pains, Leg pains, Shoulder pains, Migraines and other pains.
A couple of republiCANT doctors have claimed her pains "are all in her head" as some pains are not easily, when at all, diagnosed, so no treatment(s) is (are) available.

Denials and court visits glaringly appear to be the way of the "Gnu Werld (dis)Order".

WE hope you get less denials and more Treatments.
Thank You for your time reading, responding, updating.

CHEERS Mate!!

@Cerberus_Kelpie

if it were a simple one time operation, then p/t then back to work, fine, i would have been so happy.

but the constant numbness of my right leg and the pains in my back, continue.

anyone at anytime, can fake pains, but no one can fake an EMG nor MRI, which clearly showed my continued problem. i have nerve damage, how severe the doctor still does not know. i can barely walk for more than 10 minutes, or stand or sit for same time.

i wish i had not gotten hurt, but it happened. the insurance company accepted responsibility, so in my mind's eyes, they have to pay for everything, with out interruptions. but when there is an interruption and the law says when we can file a petition, we do. i told my lawyer, "i can go to court every day, hell, i got nothing better to do anyway's, if the insurance company thinks they are inconveniencing me, they got another thing coming".

they must have thought i'd be a quick in-out claim and be done with me.

well it certainly has not turned out this way, for them......

i told my attorney, "i will not settle" he said he doesn't expect me to, and why should i, to let the insurance company off the hook..????

B...S.....

they own my problems, as they owe me compensation.

UPDATE: Sept. 4, 2016

i have a court date this week on the 6th. this was to read the report from the IME doctor, but that appointment isn't until the 29th.!! (of this month)

there was "some hope" that appointment could be pushed up sooner. fat chance that was gonna happen! insurance company could care less, still ok with me, i am enjoying the weekly checks!!

what a bunch of dopes, they are.

So...is that hearing still on for tomorrow? If so I'd like to hear what the judge has to say when it's much ado about nothing.

So...is that hearing still on for tomorrow? If so I'd like to hear what the judge has to say when it's much ado about nothing.
no, i do not have to go. the attorneys both have to go, due to other cases they have. it'll be then, that they inform the judge, that no new pushed up IME exam could take place.

i thought it stupid, and so did my attorney as well, that this date was set. maybe the other attorney suggested it, maybe the judge made the suggestion to push it up.

this is by the way, not the same judge i have been in front of, the past 2 years now.

since there was nothing pending before him, regarding my case, the last petition gets thrown into the "pool" and which ever judge has an open spot, the petition gets assigned. frankly, i do not like this, as any new judge has to be briefed in detail my case.

not that the original judge can remember every little exact detail as well, but when he see's his name on past court dates, his memory gets jogged.

that and the fact the original judge HATES with a passion, the insurance adjuster.

any new judge, doesn't have any knowledge of her stupidity.

in fact it works out great that i do not have to go tomorrow, mom has an eye doctor appointment at 10:15, my court date-time was for 10 AM..>!!!!!!

UPDATE: Sept. 7, 2016

well i go see my surgeon in the morning. it's supposed to be a follow up, to the MRI and the insurance company's approval.

well of course, it was not approved as of yet, and may not be too soon.

waste of time tomorrow, but hey, ain't like i got stuff to do.

UPDATE: Sept. 8, 2016

ok, this sorta blindsided me.

i went for my exam/visit at my surgeon's office this morning. since there was no insurance IME done as of yet, it was mostly wasted time, but hey, i got nothing else to do.

he told me something that i never gave much thought to.

that is/was, that my previous back surgery in 2001 was indeed the 3-4 lower.

my last surgery was for the 4-5 lower and all new hardware from the 3-4 to 5 lower.

but i was told that the problem i am having is the 3-4 disc.

i said, "now wait a minute, that was removed back in 2001"...!!

he said, "no, the entire disc is never removed, only a small portion, then the bone matter gets placed in there, then the rods/screws.

all this time, i thought i had no 3-4 disc.

i called my lawyer as i thought i was blinded in my previous knowledge. and i NEEDED him to know this!

i was thinking, the other side (insurance) can argue they are not responsible for this new surgery.

my attorney said, "they own it".... "you got hurt because your back was already compromised and weak", "and you were doing your job and got hurt again"......"you're good to go, no worries"

so that settles that. if i can get the final approval for this updated surgery, my back will be better, but still not strong enough anymore for labor intensive work, or any work that requires standing or sitting for long periods of time.

then too, i was very well reminded, that i still have nerve damage, which may not be improved with the new updated surgery, but yet another surgery on top of that, with still NO guarantee of success........