Career Ending Operation???

yeah, i had been in the closed bore MRi before, and did not bother me. but i am of the thinking that the one i had this one time, (where i too kept pressing that button) was a smaller diameter..??? i mean jeez, that bore was IN MY face like i never remembered.

and yeah, i freaked out like crazy....!!!!!!

from now on, it's open MRI or no MRI....

i highly suspect that sometime after this upcoming operation, there will be at least one more MRI, and if i still need yet another operation on top of this one..??? more MRI's i surmise will be ordered.

yeah, i had been in the closed bore MRi before, and did not bother me. but i am of the thinking that the one i had this one time, (where i too kept pressing that button) was a smaller diameter..??? i mean jeez, that bore was IN MY face like i never remembered.

and yeah, i freaked out like crazy....!!!!!!
The couple of times I've been in the tube it's been right in my nose, I closed my eyes and it was OK.

closing my eyes did not help. it got very hot in there. then the pounding noises.
tick...........tick.........tick...........tickticktick.......thump.......thump........tunk...tunk.......tic.........tic.......tic........bbbbrrrrrrrrr.......bbbbrrrrraaaaaappp......tunk.

The couple of times I've been in the tube it's been right in my nose, I closed my eyes and it was OK.
I used to do that all the time. Tube was also very close to my face. I could lick it. (ewww)
I closed my eyes and listen both music and invisible construction workers jack hammering away.
Like Pro1, something changed and I just can't stand being constricted like that anymore.

No Problem Big Dave since You're LAST in line.
- - - -
Nope, never had a M.R.I., never will. I ain't scared of small tubes cause I still dig spelunking, I no like loud thunderous noises like from "those vehicles" in traffic, and them tubes ain't sound chambers.

CHEERS!!

UPDATE: May 5, 2017

and a crazy update at that....!!!!!!

so i go for my new MRI, ok, got there 40 minutes early, like i was told

had to wait 30 minutes PAST my appointment, cuz things were running late.

ok, get home, pick up the mail

i get a letter from the Superior Court

seems they are now informing me that, starting July 2017 till June 2018, i will be called for GRAND JURY DUTY.....>!!

in my state, that can be up to 6 weeks...!!!!!!!

then if there is a trail i get assigned to.....AS LONG AS THAT TAKES......!!!!

i'm like...WTF...???? are you kidding me...???

so i call my attorney, and ask him if he can get me out of this, since he knows my situation, i'm thinking a letter from my attorney ought to "get me off", all he has to do is provide my case number.>????

he calls back, and says NO, let your doctor know, he can get you out, due to your upcoming MAJOR surgery..

so i call the gal at the doc's office....she laughs her ass off......

she said bring in the form, we will fill it out, and take care of it...

i told her if it was ok to fill out "some" of the questions, she said sure......

how da hell do ya like this bunch of BS...??

here i was for 3 years (actually 2 of doing nothing), and they could have called me back then......

well......i gotta say, that, and a few other things yesterday, (had to ferry my niece around and do some LONG waiting for her) made for one very tiring day........

sheesh, i wish i was working........i never had it this hard.........

UPDATE: May 8, 2017

where do i start on this one..???

i go to my surgeon's office for my appointment, to read the MRI.

ok, last year i had one nerve located at the L5/S1 that needed to be dealt with, either another fusion or what is called "decompression".

so on this recent MRI, he now see's i have a problem at the L3/4 area as well.

he saw quite a bit of spinal stenosis. (pressure on the nerves)

the court order was for decompression at the L5/S1 area..

he said that workman's comp is very specific in what they approve of and pay.

he did not want me to be billed for any additional surgery.

so he call's my attorney's office, and spoke to the paralegal.

gal said to him, "this poor guy has been through the courts over and over again, he is validity injured, just do what you have to do, we will come in the back end and make the bastards pay"....(gotta love the New England attitude, say it as you mean it)

whew.....

so i had already had the date set, for the first week in June.

i now await the hospital to call me for the pre-op crap, tests, etc..

Last edited:
UPDATE: May 11, 2017

Surgeons office called with the date for the hospital pre-op testing.

next week. May 17th.

getting all psyched, this is finally going to happen.

just hopeful, i don't need another operation after this one.

been a long road with all the workman's comp BS.

UPDATE: May 12, 2017

the freaking fun NEVER FREAKING STOPS.....

the lawyer replied to my email, regarding that the surgeon was told, "do what you have to", to now saying he has told the doctor, he may not be paid for extra to cure me....

so i called the surgeon's office, the gal there said don't sweat it, don't be nervous, don't stress it, we have to submit more information to the insurance company for extra approval.

c'mon guys.....you all have been reading my LARGE NIGHTMARE these past 3 years now....

you have ALL READ the insurance company's BS they have put me thru...

does anyone here even think, the insurance company WILL APPROVE of some additional repairs to my back this time around, WHILE THE DOCTOR IS IN THERE, or do you ALL BELIEVE LIKE I BELIEVE, i'm gonna be going back in at a later time for yet ANOTHER OPERATION...?????

christ......

UPDATE: May 17, 2017

ok, today was the day for the pre-op testing.

they drew some blood and took an EKG, and 2 chest x-rays.

they nurse also swabbed my nose for MERSA..

the last time, they had found i had a staph infection and i had to fill my nose with a jelly like medicine...

i hope this time, no staph infection......what joy, inserting that jelly in my nodse......

operation is set for the 6th of June, i have to be there at 9:30 AM, and the operation is supposed to be from 11:00 till 3 PM.......

like the last time, i'll have someone drop me off, and go home......

then later, they can bring my stuff to me......

that's about it, till the next update.

GREETINGS Pro1driver,

I've yet to see such "grand jury" notice and hope I never see it, especially if it claims a "11 month possibility".
Jury "duty" is bad enough and I'm sure I'm to be notified soon (seems like it's been 4 or more years) as I fail to keep track of such "events".
- - - -
Right, in your case, such "request" is pointless and corroborated by your attorney and doctors.
Long as the paperwork arrives (even electronically) and is properly noted by the court personnel.
- - - -
Arrive by 09:30. Operation from 11:00 to 15:00. Recovery until 17:00 or until you "give em enough hell" and they release you.
Second operation to upgrade pain levels scheduled soon.
- - - -
Some Post humor for ya:

1 line from Post 509 regarding the "grand Jury" bit: so i call the gal at the doc's office....she laughs her ass off......
1 partial line from Post 510: we will come in the back end and make the bastards pay"...
Last line bit from Post 509:.....i never had it this hard....
- - -

Wording makes for interesting reading.

CHEERS!!

UPDATE: June 1, 2017

well, Tuesday the 6th, is only a few days away.

i am stoked this next operation is coming up..

i got as much done around the house as possible, still a little bit more to do, IF THE DAMNED RAIN WILL STAY AWAY...!!!!!!!!

that's been the killer for me.

rain several days, then waiting for things to dry out, then it never does, cause MORE RAIN COMES...!!!

all i really have to finish up on is yard work....spraying liquid weed killer, but i need warm sunny days for at least 3 straight..!!!!!!!!

but anything that can be held off till fall, like some painting can wait till then.

we got all the a/c's in the windows, got the carpets shampoo'ed .

even got my major bills paid up till July.

those little annoying ones like the water and sewer can wait, so what they shut off our water...with all this damned rain, who needs running tap water..???????...:lmao:

and we just now got another huge downpour...!!!!!

me worry about paying my water/sewer bills...???

no freaking way.....

Last edited:
UPDATE: June 5, 2017

well, i got a call from the hospital, reminding me of tomorrow's surgery. the usual "do not eat or drink anything after midnight" speech.

i can have a little bit of water in the morning, so i can take my pills.

i have nearly everything and everyone here prepped and ready as well.

i'll be waking up my normal 4 AM, and going out to buy the newspaper. (can't have my family sitting in the waiting room bored).

i'm looking forward to the injection i'll be getting, to knock me out, that's some great shyte, i wish i could take home!

good night, i'll be back in a few days to update again.

UPDATE: June 5, 2017

well, i got a call from the hospital, reminding me of tomorrow's surgery. the usual "do not eat or drink anything after midnight" speech.

i can have a little bit of water in the morning, so i can take my pills.

i have nearly everything and everyone here prepped and ready as well.

i'll be waking up my normal 4 AM, and going out to buy the newspaper. (can't have my family sitting in the waiting room bored).

i'm looking forward to the injection i'll be getting, to knock me out, that's some great shyte, i wish i could take home!

good night, i'll be back in a few days to update again.
Good luck, hope it exceeds your expectations. See ya in a couple of days.

UPDATE: June 9, 2017

ok, i had to be there for 9:30 AM, we got there by 9

short of a long story, i didn't get wheeled in till 1:30 PM.

operation was done at or about 5:30 PM.

ok.....here it goes.

the doctor had approval for ONLY a disk decompression at the L5/S1.

well he had to do yet another fusion.

there was scar tissue around the fluid sack around the bone, (can't remember all the names of stuff right now......)and it got a slight tear, and spinal fluid came out, not much i was told. he made a repair to that, but the S1/L5 disc was worse than the MRI showed. so he had to fuse me there.

so now, i am fused at the L3, L4, L5, And now S1

that's it, no more after the S1. we can only go up from there.

now, he also did the disc decompression at the L3/L4 that the MRI showed, nut he did not get approval for.

he said he was not going to only do a part of the job and have me go back over and over again.

now comes the part where the lawyer has to get him paid for it.

as you would imagine, right now, i am still somewhat drugged out.

now the workman's comp insurance is not paying for my pain meds. something about that coverage being expired. 3 calls to the pharmacy, 4 calls to the lawyer so i can get my pain meds.

and the freaking joy continues....

too tired now, be back saturday or sunday...

bye.