Career Ending Operation???

UPDATE: July 5, 2017

still pains in the back, by now, much of the sutures are going away, along with some of the scabbing.

but i am also still having that numbness/tingly feeling in both feet and in my legs, from "about" the knee's on down, into the feet.

i cannot sleep well at all. i go to bed very tired, but wake up about 1 hour later. this goes on all night long.

i am still taking the oxy's..one at a time during the day, but if the pains get worse, i take 2. then at bedtime, i am always taking 2 oxy's.

i still cannot bend forward, or lean over say the kitchen table. i must be sitting to reach for things at the table.

still cannot lift more than say the 5 pounds ( a gallon of milk) i was told, would be my "limit" for a while.

i try walking around, i have to descend and climb 2 flights of stairs to go outside, i can drive, of course getting around i still use the cane.

stair climbing or descending takes time, i cannot "run" up or down the stairs, as i actually get dizzy at times, this never happened to me before.

sometime the leg pains/numbness/tingly feeling are unbearable, sometimes i can hardly feel my feet, but i am still able to walk, but ever so slowly and carefully.

this is all so strange, i did not expect any of this. i go see the doctors P/A on the 28th of this month.

of course, should i worsen, i will go sooner.

it's not that i don't put any importance on what i am going thru, i am mostly accepting this is the healing process, not that i have many fused vertebrae in my back.

maybe too, i was told that i did have lots of scar tissue and some arthritis.

anything is possible to slow down this healing.

more later.

UPDATE: July 11, 2017

ok, so i needed a refill of my oxycodone. i had to go to my surgeon's office Monday morning (7/10/17) and pick up the script.

i then took that directly to the pharmacy for a refill, and so i waited there.

the pharmacist was on the phone forever trying to get approval and the person (or persons on the other end) kept transferring him to someone else.

apparently my health care coverage for my meds is the same as the workman's comp med coverage. they kept telling him to put it thru on my health coverage and he (and i) said NO, this is for the workman's coverage to handle, not the private insurance. besides, it actually yet, goes thru a "3rd party" (??) meds clearing house or some crap like that.

so the pharmacist just gave me my meds and told me he will try again, no use in me standing/sitting there waiting.

i got home, called the lawyers office. the gal there, tried calling the adjuster, who never seems to answer her phone, nor return any messages, as i was never called back as of 6 PM last night.

the pharmacist (a different one this morning) and i spoke. she said she will try again. she called me back, and no luck. she said the first script, just after my operation..?? was done "complimentary"...like WTF, they are my workman's comp insurance there are NO COMPLIMENTS, pay for the meds you bastiods......

so off again i call ht e lawyers office this time, i had to leave a voice mail for the lawyers gal.

i paid $15 for that first script out of the hospital, and i am STILL WAITING for my reimbursement.

if i have to pay for this one, it'll cost me $40......

again, i see NO REASON for me to accept the responsibility for ME TO PAY for the meds the comp insurance OWES ME 1000%.......

i told today's pharmacist if i have to pay i will, but i'd rather not.

she said "the last time you called your lawyer, we got paid right away, maybe this time it'll happen again, besides we do not worry about you, we know YOU PURSUE things till the end, no other customers do"...

feels good to be trusted with a bottle of oxy's a drug highly regulated.

but for the life of God and all that is holy, why does this shyte continue with this insurance company.>???

as i have said in the past, "if they think i'm gonna sell out, settle out just to be done with thier BS, they are sorely mistaken, as this only goes to add MORE GLUE to my steadfastness thru this crap.

by the way, as of today, i still hadn't made any visit or calls to any P/T place yet.

been about (now) 2 weeks gone by that the doctors PA told me to start. but i will not work in pain. i may over do something, and hurt myself and there will be no way to know which pain is the good pain, and which is from the operation.

good pain..what a joke.

i "may try" contacting a P/T place sometime next week.

then again......all the doctors PA can do is be upset with me.

i'm old, i forget what's said so easily these days.

To ME and "Common Sense", a "complimentary" dose of (a) drug/s is FREE, like for any other "complimentary" offer so paying for anything "complimentary" is just greed/avarice on their part.
- - - -
LOOK BROTHER, WE ALL FORGET THINGS. Age is NOT a factor unless one is just a Dunce (remember those school days?), then the question is "Where's your Cap and get back in the corner?"
Relax Mate, thoughts come, thoughts go.
As long as you remember where you live and some other pertinent info., you'll be fine.
- - - -
I'm curious as to how many other cases is the "adjuster" handling. Might be everyone is on a "list" and they respond "when the name comes round"........or they're like the goobers in the District of Calamity.
- - - -
Yes Sir, You ARE Steadfast as this Thread, for instance, confirms.
- - - -
"Good Pain", to me, represents a Sado-Masochistic preference, like some people, for example, that prefer NO anesthesia at a Dentists office while undergoing a Root Canal.
Maybe the "p.a." needs "pain adjustment therapy" by way of a Louisville Slugger in the form of a Tire Thumper (with hand strap sold at T/A).
- - - -
I'm tired having worked 2 nine hour shifts (2030-0530) running a switcher truck at a Harris Teeter D.C. so if I said anything weird, well, it'll wash out.

Keep GIVING THEM HELL!!
CHEERS!!

UPDATE: July 15, 2017

WEll, as per usual, the bastoidavitches have not responded to getting me payments on my meds. The pharmacist had already went ahead giving me my meds earlier this week, saying he knew he would be paid. Plus I am trusted, which is always good as well.

All Last week and now this week, i have been on the phone with my attorney's office, and his para-legal. the gal has been on the phone several times herself to the insurance quacks. the "main adjuster whom i could speak to in the early stages of this claim, was the one the lawyers office had to end up contacting, as the "assigned" adjuster just had not returned any calls.

maybe she is on vacation, maybe she quit, who da hell frigging knows?

in any event, i had to pay out of pocket for my meds. BUT, i was able to pay a cash discounted price, over retail price!!

the oxy meds cost (for 60) $37.00

but my cash discounted price was $19.00, good deal, but still i should have NEVER HAD TO PAY FOR SOMETHING, THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR....RIGHT..?????

now, like my last meds i had to pay for (and still HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY REIMBURSEMENT FOR), will take yet another (they say) 21 days to reimburse me..>!!!!!!

so here i sit, maybe in the minds eye of the insurance comapny like the life of Riley, all rich from these weekly insurance checks...

if only that were so, that i was as rich as the insurance company likes to think i am.

like yeah, i got "extra money" floating around, to pay for things THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR.......

again, if anyone gets hurt on the job, contact a good workman's comp lawyer, and do as i do...NEVER GIVE UP, that's what THEY WANT you to do, give up and you'll go far, far away....

not this guy, as i have said it in the past...

"once a long haul driver, always a long haul, and i'm in this.........FOR THE LONG HAUL".......screw them bastoidavitches........!!!!!!!!!!!

"getting hurt on the job" is WHY I refuse to "speed up" activities regardless of those people that think someone can move faster (to, as some nitwits surmise, accomplish more of something).
I have 2 speeds: ON and OFF. No room for adjustments.
Slow and Steady is far superior to Fast and Failing or Falling or Flailing.
I do not do what I do not need to do regardless.
ANYTHING that imposes a problem for MY HEALTH is not my problem.
We're not in our 20's or 30's when we may well have thought "we were indestructible".
- - - -
Been through the round and round with meds during Cancer treatments waaaayyyy back in 2001.
Nowadays it's other aging things with sad health insurance plans and insanely LARGE and impossible for me to meet yearly deductibles.
- - - -
Yep, I'm a nutter "long haul driver" enjoying the "short haul" trips.
Going to Harris Teeter D.C. today for a 8 hour (16:00-00:30) Switcher gig at $18.00 or $19.00 a hour and it's the third one this pay period.
Making about the same $$$ running local and have more time for other things, like West and Wewaxation (enter Elmer Fudd laugh).

It Is What It Is Until It Isn't What It Was.
CHEERS!!

Last edited:
"getting hurt on the job" is WHY I refuse to "speed up" activities regardless of those people that think someone can move faster (to, as some nitwits surmise, accomplish more of something).
I have 2 speeds: ON and OFF. No room for adjustments.
Slow and Steady is far superior to Fast and Failing or Falling or Flailing.
I do not do what I do not need to do regardless.
ANYTHING that imposes a problem for MY HEALTH is not my problem.
We're not in our 20's or 30's when we may well have thought "we were indestructible".
- - - -
Been through the round and round with meds during Cancer treatments waaaayyyy back in 2001.
Nowadays it's other aging things with sad health insurance plans and insanely LARGE and impossible for me to meet yearly deductibles.
- - - -
Yep, I'm a nutter "long haul driver" enjoying the "short haul" trips.
Going to Harris Teeter D.C. today for a 8 hour (16:00-00:30) Switcher gig at $18.00 or $19.00 a hour and it's the third one this pay period.
Making about the same $$$ running local and have more time for other things, like West and Wewaxation (enter Elmer Fudd laugh).

It Is What It Is Until It Isn't What It Was.
CHEERS!!
ok i can assure you (and everyone else) i was in no way rushing to do my job that or any night. the pleasure of being the only person at the warehouse, loading/unloading by my lonesome self, was appreciated, up until the time i got hurt, and could have used some serious help. as it was, before i could leave, i had to remove that loading dock plate from the trailer, in high amounts of pain. then i had to close my trailer door (over head) and the dock door, and reset the alarm. the last thing i could ever do was to leave things in place, and open for burglary, which i am sure, i'd be a suspect. so sealing up and securing everything was paramount.

the only "rushing" i'd ever do is on the road, and then i can only "rush" the speed limits...lol

but i "dilly-dallied" not on that job or any other job i have had over the years. i always did my job with "due diligence" and as safely as i could. which is/was why i always got jobs when i'd up and quit, as the former employer still always gave me good references.

as far a switchers job, i did that for Ryder then Lily Transportation, (Ryder lost the account) and I LOVED IT...YES, the same pay as a local driver, LESS work, home in 8-9 hours, and weekends off. hardly any road time, except when i had to go to thier other warehouse about 8 miles away.

i know i will not be able to work anymore, which has it's good and bad points. some things i will miss, some i will not.

i think what i'll miss the most is the range of travel my back could do, before my operation 3 years ago, when i first got hurt. now this one, i can already feel my limits bending backwards. which i simply cannot do, all the metal back there now, limits that real quick!!

i still have no ability to bend forward and touch my knee caps, let alone my toes.

i have had my DOT card expire, so from what i have been told, i would have to go thru the WHOLE process again of getting back my CDL. as it is now, it was down graded to a car operators license. it expires in january of 2019, long before then i will go and make it official and turn it in for good.

I DID WANT to retire at 62, just wanted to retire HEALTHY, and under my own power, rather than broken down, and by a doctor's orders.

30+ years of driving, teaching all down the drain.

my legacy....... work hard, break down, fade away.

ok i can assure you (and everyone else) i was in no way rushing to do my job that or any night. the pleasure of being the only person at the warehouse, loading/unloading by my lonesome self, was appreciated, up until the time i got hurt, and could have used some serious help. as it was, before i could leave, i had to remove that loading dock plate from the trailer, in high amounts of pain. then i had to close my trailer door (over head) and the dock door, and reset the alarm. the last thing i could ever do was to leave things in place, and open for burglary, which i am sure, i'd be a suspect. so sealing up and securing everything was paramount.

the only "rushing" i'd ever do is on the road, and then i can only "rush" the speed limits...lol

but i "dilly-dallied" not on that job or any other job i have had over the years. i always did my job with "due diligence" and as safely as i could. which is/was why i always got jobs when i'd up and quit, as the former employer still always gave me good references.

as far a switchers job, i did that for Ryder then Lily Transportation, (Ryder lost the account) and I LOVED IT...YES, the same pay as a local driver, LESS work, home in 8-9 hours, and weekends off. hardly any road time, except when i had to go to thier other warehouse about 8 miles away.

i know i will not be able to work anymore, which has it's good and bad points. some things i will miss, some i will not.

i think what i'll miss the most is the range of travel my back could do, before my operation 3 years ago, when i first got hurt. now this one, i can already feel my limits bending backwards. which i simply cannot do, all the metal back there now, limits that real quick!!

i still have no ability to bend forward and touch my knee caps, let alone my toes.

i have had my DOT card expire, so from what i have been told, i would have to go thru the WHOLE process again of getting back my CDL. as it is now, it was down graded to a car operators license. it expires in january of 2019, long before then i will go and make it official and turn it in for good.

I DID WANT to retire at 62, just wanted to retire HEALTHY, and under my own power, rather than broken down, and by a doctor's orders.

30+ years of driving, teaching all down the drain.

my legacy....... work hard, break down, fade away.

Im going tell you what I told my friend here at home, who is going through similar problems as you. #1. TELL YOUR LAWYER TO SOEED THINGS UP OR HE/SHE IS FIRED. #2. GET A NEW LAWYER IF HE/SHE FAILS YOUR INSTRUCTIONS.
His second lawyer got him reimbursed immeadiately, he stopped paying for meds, and got him a check comming in. A small check, but a check. Also got him a new doctor who actually wanted him fixed, and did it. The entire process took him 4 years.

GREETINGS Pro1,

How are you today??

10-2, 10-4 on your "not rushing to do the job". Angles of lifts get us all at some point.
- - - -
Actually othertrucker2001, from what pro1 had stated numerous times, like in Post 544:

the "main adjuster whom i could speak to in the early stages of this claim, was the one the lawyers office had to end up contacting, as the "assigned" adjuster just had not returned any calls.
, therefore even a different attorney/lawyer may well not be a solution, but I'm just guessing having never been through a Workman's Comp. Claim.

Pro1 will eventually again be settled up what is in arrears, like the MANY TIMES passed, with of course the timeline involved, because obviously we peons rate no significance for speeding up any process of reimbursements for personal monies spent.

GREETINGS Pro1,

How are you today??

10-2, 10-4 on your "not rushing to do the job". Angles of lifts get us all at some point.
- - - -
Actually othertrucker2001, from what pro1 had stated numerous times, like in Post 544:

, therefore even a different attorney/lawyer may well not be a solution, but I'm just guessing having never been through a Workman's Comp. Claim.

Pro1 will eventually again be settled up what is in arrears, like the MANY TIMES passed, with of course the timeline involved, because obviously we peons rate no significance for speeding up any process of reimbursements for personal monies spent.
Very true. It's a 50 50 shot. My friends second lawyer wanted his cut so he put everything into overdrive.

Very true. It's a 50 50 shot. My friends second lawyer wanted his cut so he put everything into overdrive.
yes, i was told up front the "cut" my attorney gets. it is the standard 1/3rd of the ending settlement. the thing here though, is that no 2 claims are the same, neither are the insurance companies.

it has already been now 3 years, and 3 months since my injury. i have been told by 2 doctors, that driving will not be in my future, given what is involved in driving a truck.

i was not really satisfied with hearing that, but i had come to the understanding that it is what it is, i just wished i could have "retired" by my own accord, rather than a health issue.

i can also say beyond a reasonable doubt, that i have confidence in my attorney and his para-legal and his secretary, even though he himself works for another attorney that owns the firm. he has not mislead me, but frankly opened my eyes to workmans comp, as it pertains to MY STATE LAWS.

and that really also is something no one ever considers when they talk about laws, settlements, attorney's commission's, etc, etc.

i live in RI..

i got hurt in MASS.

the attorney got the claim to be moved to RI, this is good.

RI, by law, one can be on comp for 6 years.

Mass by law, one can be on comp for 5 years.

in RI, things move faster through the courts, but (to me) it always seems so darned slow to do so.

there will NEVER BE a HUGE settlement for me, and here is why..

the insurance takes my yearly salary, multiplies that by the 6 years....

then i get a weekly check (reduced, not my full check)) weekly

any "balance" at the end of my claim (or settlement) is all that there is....ifto-facto.....so for those that claim the "know someone that got a million dollars from comp"...have them PROVE THAT to you.

in MY STATE, that simply is NOT how the claim is settled.

so for me to run this down to "the wire", my attorney only get's peanuts (although he gets court pay each time we go to court) and i HAVE SEEN what the judge awards the attorneys (both mine and the insurance attorney) a whopping $2,500 for a court appearance.

i wish i can tell you how many times i have been to court, but if i were to guess (but i do have documents i can verify) let's say for arguments sake, i have been to court 12 times...that is a (so far) total of $30,000 EACH attorney got paid....BY THE INSURANCE company, so as anyone can plainly see, i ain't worried about going the full 6 years, and NOT leaving any money left for my attorney nor me....i think my attorney has already gotten WELL PAID for the little bit of time he has on my case.
as for me, if there is any money left over, it'll be peanuts.....but then i have yet another attorney in the wings ready to go, to get me on FULL disability, which i have been told, should be doable since i meet the criteria of a fully disabled person.

clearly as state rules go, this is how it is here, in my state.'

again any "duty-head" that say's "he knows someone, that got a million dollars", that "duty - head, had better be able to produce lots of proof, otherwise, it's the A Typical truckers BS........

as it stands now, i still have "numb feet and painful legs" each and every day since the operation. i get pains in my back at times. i walk as SLOW as Tim Conways old man act.

i have NOT been to P/T yett, and may not go till i see the doctors P/A on the 28th of this month

to me, there is some crazy sheet going on with my back. SIMPLE walking that i have been doing, IS NOT relieving the numb feet nore the painful legs that do not allow me to sleep at night.

in the end, what i find very eye opening is the twists and turns of workman's comp, which is why when one gets hurt, GET an attorney to protect your rights......

yes, i was told up front the "cut" my attorney gets. it is the standard 1/3rd of the ending settlement. the thing here though, is that no 2 claims are the same, neither are the insurance companies.

it has already been now 3 years, and 3 months since my injury. i have been told by 2 doctors, that driving will not be in my future, given what is involved in driving a truck.

i was not really satisfied with hearing that, but i had come to the understanding that it is what it is, i just wished i could have "retired" by my own accord, rather than a health issue.

i can also say beyond a reasonable doubt, that i have confidence in my attorney and his para-legal and his secretary, even though he himself works for another attorney that owns the firm. he has not mislead me, but frankly opened my eyes to workmans comp, as it pertains to MY STATE LAWS.

and that really also is something no one ever considers when they talk about laws, settlements, attorney's commission's, etc, etc.

i live in RI..

i got hurt in MASS.

the attorney got the claim to be moved to RI, this is good.

RI, by law, one can be on comp for 6 years.

Mass by law, one can be on comp for 5 years.

in RI, things move faster through the courts, but (to me) it always seems so darned slow to do so.

there will NEVER BE a HUGE settlement for me, and here is why..

the insurance takes my yearly salary, multiplies that by the 6 years....

then i get a weekly check (reduced, not my full check)) weekly

any "balance" at the end of my claim (or settlement) is all that there is....ifto-facto.....so for those that claim the "know someone that got a million dollars from comp"...have them PROVE THAT to you.

in MY STATE, that simply is NOT how the claim is settled.

so for me to run this down to "the wire", my attorney only get's peanuts (although he gets court pay each time we go to court) and i HAVE SEEN what the judge awards the attorneys (both mine and the insurance attorney) a whopping $2,500 for a court appearance.

i wish i can tell you how many times i have been to court, but if i were to guess (but i do have documents i can verify) let's say for arguments sake, i have been to court 12 times...that is a (so far) total of $30,000 EACH attorney got paid....BY THE INSURANCE company, so as anyone can plainly see, i ain't worried about going the full 6 years, and NOT leaving any money left for my attorney nor me....i think my attorney has already gotten WELL PAID for the little bit of time he has on my case.
as for me, if there is any money left over, it'll be peanuts.....but then i have yet another attorney in the wings ready to go, to get me on FULL disability, which i have been told, should be doable since i meet the criteria of a fully disabled person.

clearly as state rules go, this is how it is here, in my state.'

again any "duty-head" that say's "he knows someone, that got a million dollars", that "duty - head, had better be able to produce lots of proof, otherwise, it's the A Typical truckers BS........

as it stands now, i still have "numb feet and painful legs" each and every day since the operation. i get pains in my back at times. i walk as SLOW as Tim Conways old man act.

i have NOT been to P/T yett, and may not go till i see the doctors P/A on the 28th of this month

to me, there is some crazy sheet going on with my back. SIMPLE walking that i have been doing, IS NOT relieving the numb feet nore the painful legs that do not allow me to sleep at night.

in the end, what i find very eye opening is the twists and turns of workman's comp, which is why when one gets hurt, GET an attorney to protect your rights......
No doubt. You are correct. WC varies state to state much like ccp. These and many other laws need to be addressed and made the same nation wide. Good luck.

No doubt. You are correct. WC varies state to state much like ccp. These and many other laws need to be addressed and made the same nation wide. Good luck.
i know, like in my state, i cannot sue the warehouse for my injury, cuz i have workman's comp. i have only heard that yet in other states, you can sue the other party. what's up with that?

i know, like in my state, i cannot sue the warehouse for my injury, cuz i have workman's comp. i have only heard that yet in other states, you can sue the other party. what's up with that?
Not sure. Another friend got hurt raising their dock door. WC said he could not sue the consignee. 2nd lawyer did. He got 750 thousand after lawyer fees. But thats in NC.

UPDATE: July 20, 2017

well here it is, 30 days since i paid the $15.00 for one of my first meds, that the insurance company has not paid for. they had by law, 21 days to reimburse me. and of course, they have not.

the lawyers gal i spoke with yesterday, (i called her to tell her no check arrived), she told me she filed a petition...last week in fact, as of Friday afternoon when i emailed about no check arriving, as it was now past the due date, but i forgot she told me.

oh joy, we get to go to court to "force payment" for $15.00 and BOTH lawyers get paid a whopping $2,500.00 for thier very short time in court..>!!!!

so you see peep's, the B-effing S...NEVER STOPS with this insurance company....

now, mind you, this past Monday, (7-17) i dropped off yet another med i had to pay for, and this one is for $19.00.

any bets they do not pay that with-in 21 days, and we go back to court for that.>?????

must be nice to be jerks......huh.....

now also mind you, usually both attorneys get on the phone with one another to iron this out, BEFORE it even has to go to court, and i'll get that whopping $15.00 reimbursement check soon.

you all know what the insurance is and has been trying to do....

get me off thier backs and on my way.....

noooope.......i got's no place to go, and at my age......i got's the time........

wanna play some more.......???????

....yeah, it's always time to play.......less on this later.......

Not knowing much, if anything as, unfortunately, pro1 KNOWS MORE, about "insurance companies" regarding Medical, Home, Automobile, I've understood "some (if not all) insurance companies do not have to pay ANYTHING if they so deem which glaringly appears to be what that "insurance company" is allocating.
It seems obvious, they prefer to be taunted with "legalities" prior to random payments.
(any "drastic activities" not handled through Court would verily be investigated through the Modus Operandi Reward Of Nothing clause as so stated, somewhere, on something in the "very fine print").

Not sure. Another friend got hurt raising their dock door. WC said he could not sue the consignee. 2nd lawyer did. He got 750 thousand after lawyer fees. But that's in NC.

:off topic:I, since arriving in NC in '85, thought NC represented: Need Concern-No Concern, No Care, Need Compliance-Non Compliance, Nightly Criminals, Not California (from where I travelled), Need Cheese.

UPDATE: July 28, 2017

ok, had my appointment with the doctors P/A at the hospital earlier.

I told her of the numbness in booth my feet, the left being worse. i told her of losing my balance as i walk, and the continued back and now hip pains.

she wants me to start P/T, so i will go visit a place on Monday to see what they have to offer.

we looked at the x-ray i had to get at the lower level of the hospital just before i went to see her. she showed it to me as well, but sadly, i have no copy to show you, as it was in the computer files, not on disk.

she may have seen something in that x-ray, maybe not, she said i still have a LOT of internal swelling going on. if anyone remembers, months ago i spoke of a possible 4th operation, in fact, it would have been done last month, had the courts not get involved and change the doctors advice.

this operation, is the one in which he needed to go into the left side of my lower rib cage to do what needed to be done.

i was told that NO MATTER which operation gets done, one more may very well still be needed.

she said it will be a very good idea, that just before i go see the surgeon in about 2 months, that i get another MRI, and from there, another EMG.

so now, all i have to do is wait for the surgeons office to call me, to set up a visit with him.

as far as the P/T sessions go, she ordered up 6 to 8 weeks worth, but from the past, the insurance can deny that much P/T. then if i need more, the chase is on to get them to pay for more.

right now, there is a court petition for them to pay me the $15.00 for my meds i had to pay for out of pocket.

gonna cost them what, about $5,000 total to pay (2) lawyers to enforce them to pay me a lousy $15.00........jerks.

UPDATE: July 28, 2017

ok, had my appointment with the doctors P/A at the hospital earlier.

I told her of the numbness in booth my feet, the left being worse. i told her of losing my balance as i walk, and the continued back and now hip pains.

she wants me to start P/T, so i will go visit a place on Monday to see what they have to offer.

we looked at the x-ray i had to get at the lower level of the hospital just before i went to see her. she showed it to me as well, but sadly, i have no copy to show you, as it was in the computer files, not on disk.

she may have seen something in that x-ray, maybe not, she said i still have a LOT of internal swelling going on. if anyone remembers, months ago i spoke of a possible 4th operation, in fact, it would have been done last month, had the courts not get involved and change the doctors advice.

this operation, is the one in which he needed to go into the left side of my lower rib cage to do what needed to be done.

i was told that NO MATTER which operation gets done, one more may very well still be needed.

she said it will be a very good idea, that just before i go see the surgeon in about 2 months, that i get another MRI, and from there, another EMG.

so now, all i have to do is wait for the surgeons office to call me, to set up a visit with him.

as far as the P/T sessions go, she ordered up 6 to 8 weeks worth, but from the past, the insurance can deny that much P/T. then if i need more, the chase is on to get them to pay for more.

right now, there is a court petition for them to pay me the $15.00 for my meds i had to pay for out of pocket.

gonna cost them what, about $5,000 total to pay (2) lawyers to enforce them to pay me a lousy $15.00........jerks.
Good luck to you! Hope all will be ok

UPDATE: July 31,2017

ok, i went to a P/T place that was recommended by a buddy of mine, who had gone there.

wouldn't you know it, one of the therapists, is THE SAME GAL that worked with me at the other place, 3 years ago.!!!!

she came walking out of a room, and we looked at each other, and of course she knew me, just could not remember my name....

her other employer closed up the shop she had worked out of and i guess she decided to go someplace else, herself.

anyway's i have the evaluation meeting tomorrow with her.

the evaluation meeting is about 1 hour or less.

then my doctor's P/A ordered up 6 to 8 weeks worth of p/t. the insurance basically approved of 7 weeks, at 2 times a week.

if i can get in one day this week, then the last week, it'll be one day as well.

as in the past, if i do not show improvement, i'd be thinking they can ask for a few more weeks.

but with this deadbeat insurance company, who really knows.>????

** i had backed up my visit there with an email to my attorney to inform him of where i was going for p/t and that if the insurance had denied me (like they have denied my 2 meds thus far), we will fight the bastoidavitches to every last drop of blood........ of their blood......**

which by the way, BOTH attorneys go to court in about a week to enforce the insurance company to reimburse me my first out of pocket money of $15.00

they are seriously gonna pay EACH attorney $2,500 for court appearances for a lousy $15.00..????

then there is still the out of pocket $19.00 i paid as well, but it has not been 21 days yet for that.....

(must be paid before 21 days, before a court petition can be filed)

i just did some checking, thank God for Word, and my files.

when i had my operation (1st time) back in July of 2014, i went to a P/T place. but i was only there for about 1 month. the p/t person there said, that since i was not making any progress, she couldn't do any more for me, so i was discharged, no matter what i had said to stay.

ok, then in Sept i went to a new place, with perhaps about an 8 week p/t work out. i actually was there till February of 2015, clearly MORE THAN an 8 week work out.

but after all the renewals of p/t time from the insurance company, this place just couldn't get me any better, as i was continuously complaining about pains.

this eventually lead to a long waiting period for the EMG, (in 2016) many court appearances, a second opinion doctor (court ordered doctor) then another staling from the insurance company quack doctor, and more time of idleness.

then came the request for another MRI, and MORE stalling and back and forth court appearances. this took several months to be approved, all the while, my back is festering into oblivion.

then came (FINALLY) this operation this past June (2017)

and now with about 1 month of resting/healing, i should start p/t maybe even this week, for yet as i said in another posting, about 7 weeks.

but i won't hold my breath on 7 weeks.

if history has any bearing on this, i suspect i'll be in p/t till about New Years.

but as we all know, anything can happen from now till this first 7 weeks is up.