Career Ending Operation???

UPDATE: June 4, 2018

ok, well i had to go to my surgeon this afternoon.

in a nutshell, he is certain that i have "pseudarthrosis after fusion", which in essence means a failed fusion, which is why i am still having numbness in my right leg, and my left foot.

he is submitting to the insurance company, a "re-exploration and revision surgery" of the L-5 S1 and possible S2.

he is also recommending an LLIF surgery to the L2/L3 prior to the revised surgery.

now i wait, and wait for the insurance company doctors, denial, then to court, then to a court doctor, then onto whatever really gets approved.

follow up minutes ago....

my lawyer just emailed me, he said he knows it'll be denied, then to court, etc,etc, like i said.

i told him, i couldn't be any more depressed than i am right now...

Last edited:
ADDITIONAL INFO

when we went to court back on April 25th, the judge awarded me a sum of money for my new back scar.

the insurance company HAD 14 DAYYS to pay me that money, here it is, well over a month, and still NO reward money.

my lawyer was on vacation for a week and a half, and i have been keeping his assistant up to date.

here is his response i got earlier this morning, BEFORE i got this recent bad news in the above posting..

"When I go to court on Wednesday, the Judge will enter an order finding them in contempt. If they do not pay within 14 day s of that order, I will file again. It is not in their interest to continue to refuse to pay because each time I have to take them to court, they have to pay me and their own lawyer. If I did have to file again, I would try to issue a subpoena for the adjuster so she would have to come to court and face the Judge in person. I doubt it will come to that."

I had responded back, "WHEN (NOT IF) that happens, I WILL BE THERE TOO....!!!!!!!!"

i want to see that a-hole adjuster, and wanna hear her story....

then i'll tell her ALL OF MINE.....

IF you had to pay them, you would have been in jail or some other less lovely location for failure to pay.

They represent our fumbling feral buffoons, so how they do things is justified through their actions which, obviously, support their continuous activities.
Also remember: Insurance companies do NOT HAVE TO PAY ON ANYTHING if they so decree regardless of "Court Visits", Contempt rulings as well filings by any Attorney.
Such is in the "fine print", maybe not visibly but it's there.

IF you had to pay them, you would have been in jail or some other less lovely location for failure to pay.

They represent our fumbling feral buffoons, so how they do things is justified through their actions which, obviously, support their continuous activities.
Also remember: Insurance companies do NOT HAVE TO PAY ON ANYTHING if they so decree regardless of "Court Visits", Contempt rulings as well filings by any Attorney.
Such is in the "fine print", maybe not visibly but it's there.
well, i want to be there the day that Miss So and SO gets called into court. i'd only suppose that if she refuses, maybe a bench warrant would be issued. i'd also like to call all the local tv stations to be in on THAT day's fun activity!!

UPDATE: June 6, 2018

well the lawyer emailed me. he said that the judge ruled in my favor, as far as more p/t and my scarring check. the insurance company claims, they mailed that check, MY check, to the law firm..they NEVER did that before.......there would have been NO REASON, the lawyer does NOT take a cut.

if they did mail it to the law firm last week, by the end of this week, the firm should have the check.

UPDATE: June 8, 2018

wells hells-bells.....the lawyer called, the scarring check arrived at his office earlier, and i just deposited it.

i had asked the lawyer why did they mail this one to him, and the first one (2 years ago) was mailed to me.

he said, "sometimes,. the amount of the check, they wanna make sure the law firm gets it as proof of payment"

whatever...

now i really do have some people here at the house i want to help out with some things.

then i'll blow off the rest on cheap booze, and dirty women...????

now i really do have some people here at the house i want to help out with some things.

then i'll blow off the rest on cheap booze, and dirty women...????
Of what I know, "dirty women" no cost much more than "cheap booze", so you'll seemingly "save" some coins, until the potential probability of itchy and scratchy down unda. :very drunk::burnsauce::duh:
CHEERS!!

Of what I know, "dirty women" no cost much more than "cheap booze", so you'll seemingly "save" some coins, until the potential probability of itchy and scratchy down unda. :very drunk::burnsauce::duh:
CHEERS!!
then the meds to "cure" that itch and whatnots......lol

UPDATE: June 19, 2018

well i had to see my surgeon last month. he as i stated in a previous update, said that he needs to go back in again. (posting number 645)

this morning, i get the "usual letter" from the insurance doctor, for yet another of his denial exams...

here is an email, i just sent to my attorney minutes ago:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good afternoon xxxx(my attorney)

I just got in this mornings mail, an invitation to go visit our infamous insurance doctor, the one and only Dr. xxxxxx

the appointment is for July 26, at 9 AM

I am being told to take along any x-rays, MRI's and CT scans with me.

YOUR usual direction to me is to NOT take anything but myself...correct.???

I see to that on this letter, it is CC'd to you, and xxxx, and xxxx as well, but do you still need a copy of my letter as well..????

Too bad this invitation wasn't in gold leaf lettering, I look so forward to my visits with Dr. NO......

Thanks

Glenn

UPDATE: July 28th, 2018

had my insurance IME this past thursday, Dr. NO, or Dr. Quack was not as rude to me as in the past, maybe cuz the court doctor agreed with my doctor, and this Quack does see that i was severely injured after all. since i had to have my latest operation after all last June.....!!!!!

anyhow, the "usual" exam took place, and he was done.

prolly gonna be 1 to 3 weeks for my attorney to contact me on the already assumed "NO to another operation", then to court we go, then to the court doctor, then back to court, then whatever is determined at that time, from the court doctor.

Give 'em HELL.

Another side could be that "going in" could result in no more walking, just able to SIT yet be in more PAIN that will not be abated unless, when/if possible, Sleeping or COMATOSE.
You are aware of PAINS that drugs cannot touch as WE're sure you've been experiencing.

LAWSUITS TAKE YEARS especially with insurance companies. You have 1 Lawyer/Attorney. THEY CAN HAVE A DOZE N , especially if that insurance company is aligned with other ins. companies.

Stay as HEALTHY as you're able!!

Last edited:
Give 'em HELL.

Another side could be that "going in" could result in no more walking, just able to SIT yet be in more posts PAIN that will not be abated unless, when/if possible, Sleeping.
You are aware of PAINS that drugs cannot touch as WE're sure you've been experiencing.

LAWSUITS TAKE YEARS especially with insurance companies.
Look at all the past and current trucking companies having been sued
i know about the dangers of any surgery, that's a given for anyone to wake up to and fully realize.

the thing is a gamble. however, say that it is found (by the court doctor) that he agrees with my doctor, that this new operation is needed, and i don't have it done. what happens say 1 to 10 years from now, i have severe pains and even MORE limited range of motions? then i will be most likely told by a new doctor, "too bad you didn't take care of this sooner"...

if it weren't for this job, and getting hurt, i'd highly suspect that i would have made it to 70+ age, like my very first operational surgeon told me, back in the fall of 2000 when i first got hurt, and had the subsequent operation that following spring of 2001.

why should (say) my health benefits in the future, pay for any more operations that the insurance company today, IS RESPONSIBLE FOR NOW..????

that's what my attorney told me, "they own the responsibility they accepted from day #1"....

i only like to "gamble" on the lottery.....not my body. but what do i realistically do..??

continue to live in daily pain and numbness, and sleepless nights. with NO powerful medications other than a simple Tylenol..??

or (if agreed upon, by the court doctor as well as mine), have one more operation in hopes of pain, numbness elimination...???

arthritis will settle in, some has already done so. that will make any future back operation(s), more difficult, than it would be now.

at least, this is my point of view.

i rue the day i got hurt.

that's a fact.

i actually at times, rue the day i decided to give up being a mechanic, and got into driving.

i do not want to be, not working.

but anyway i look at it, it's over for me.

what more do i have to lose..???

Consciousness........And awaken to a new future......Of a new and beautiful day or night......Of which one cannot describe until such arrives.
I don't C Y the Doc would not proceed since, what, 2 times so far.....And the 3rd times' a "charm"!
CHEERS MATE!!
- - and the 3rd time would cure any "problems" from the or a "dirty women/woman"! - -:off topic: :stirthepot:

Last edited:
Consciousness........And awaken to a new future......Of a new and beautiful day or night......Of which one cannot describe until such arrives.
I don't C Y the Doc would not proceed since, what, 2 times so far.....And the 3rd times' a "charm"!
CHEERS MATE!!
- - and the 3rd time would cure any "problems" from the or a "dirty women/woman"! - -:off topic: :stirthepot:
doctor cannot go ahead with out insurance approval. it's the status quo since day 1....