Career Ending Operation???

FLOUNDER=Pro1driver how old are you?

it does matter.
pro1driver=well it's like this....

older than Racer, nearly a twin to God, in fact, many was a time, eon's ago, God and i would frequent the strip clubs...but he'd get too drunk, and play games, like make Moses part the Red Sea, or go straight to hell....

seriously.....

i'm "up there" in age......
pro1driver=Ok..now "the interesting" update to this day...

I got a call from a driver temp agency. One that i had been getting calls from before by the way, but never contacted them for any information, and he tells me, his company bought out another temp agency, that I DID apply to, so they got my name from that list..>!!!

I told the guy that my current employer, may not take me back due to my injury and impending operation.

He of course said he was sorry to hear this.

I told him I "might" be able to go back to work around November.

I also told him I got just over 26 years in now......what did he say then...???

So from the last line we can deduce that pro1 has been "in the business" just over 26 years.
Let us do some additions:
1) pro1 started "in the business" when he was 25, therefore he is early 50's.
2) pro1 started when he was 18, therefore he is in his 40's......not likely.

1) seems most likely with the probability that he is a wee bit elder, like say between 55-60, therefore not anywhere near the age of God nor any Deity, yet pro1 could probably, after surgery recovery completes, still jump rope or twirl a Hula-Hoop while wearing a leotard under a short skirt.
There's a sight for ya eh what what.

He most likely spent some time with some chap named Jesus (Hey-sus) however not Jesus since Jesus theoretically died over 2,000 years gone, so the stories depict however sometimes hallucinations occur with certain medications or medication combinations.

So Mate, just how old are ye?
Is your female side denying affirmation of age?
EVERYONE with access to your personal info KNOWS your age, so what is the big deal dude??

I was born in '58, so what.

Revealing your age is not going to hurt your reputation or tarnish anything except maybe your dating profile and such is not applicable at TruckingBoards.

So c'mon dude, fess up as you are merely another dodgy ole codger, like me, or as Ray stated "just a grumpy ole barsted"!!

CHEERS!! :funky:

So from the last line we can deduce that pro1 has been "in the business" just over 26 years.
Let us do some additions:
1) pro1 started "in the business" when he was 25, therefore he is early 50's.
2) pro1 started when he was 18, therefore he is in his 40's......not likely.

wow..you assume that i started at one of those ages...

however, you never took the time to think that maybe i started driving in my 60's..???

1) seems most likely with the probability that he is a wee bit elder, like say between 55-60, therefore not anywhere near the age of God nor any Deity, yet pro1 could probably, after surgery recovery completes, still jump rope or twirl a Hula-Hoop while wearing a leotard under a short skirt.
There's a sight for ya eh what what.

God and i had a blast at the last bachelor party, we threw for Moses

a guy needs to have hips to "hula-hoop"....best we leave that for wild child....

He most likely spent some time with some chap named Jesus (Hey-sus) however not Jesus since Jesus theoretically died over 2,000 years gone, so the stories depict however sometimes hallucinations occur with certain medications or medication combinations

the wine we would drink, had mashed "shrooms" in it..damn good stuff....no need for narcotics..

So Mate, just how old are ye?
Is your female side denying affirmation of age?
i had a female side...she didn't like the side of the bed she had to sleep on....

how old are ye..???

told you at least 27 times already.....nearly a twin to God...(but i'm minutes older)

EVERYONE with access to your personal info KNOWS your age, so what is the big deal dude??

oh dear God...every one knows that 2-4-8-1 is my ATM debit card PIN number..>???....:Emoticon_digging:

I was born in '58, so what.

i hear that year, gas was cheap, is that true..???

Revealing your age is not going to hurt your reputation or tarnish anything except maybe your dating profile and such is not applicable at TruckingBoards.

you mean all this stinking time, and i ain't gonna git lucky here..????......(with a female, a REAL female....????.....:censored2:

So c'mon dude, fess up as you are merely another dodgy ole codger, like me, or as Ray stated "just a grumpy ole barsted"!!

CHEERS!! :funky:

what, me grumpy.......?????

83840801el1_zps4ee439a5.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for yet another evasive maneuver.
Less on this later.

you're entirely welcome chap..

i am still waiting for the surgical coordinator to get back to me about the day i asked for to get this done. (tentatively July 8th)

the doctor's schedule is open for that day...but i am now waiting word on if the hospital O/R will be available...

hopefully today i will find out.

Update on COBRA benefits...

as Chris Farley would say.....

and why would i say that too...??

2 reasons....

the cost of COBRA, and what i am actually going to be getting for health care, while out on workman's comp...

my company as some of you already know, took me off the health benefits since they say, it's too costly to keep me on, while out on comp...

ok...the price of COBRA is nearly $500 per month, for health benefits my employer has, that are "the bottom of the barrel" from United Health Care...

well, someone that i know, told me to look into "Obama Care", and i went to a website that my state has, regarding the Obama Care.

once there, i could get VERY affordable Blue Cross AND dental for just about $225 per month...not bad right..??

well, i went this morning to the state run health benefits organization, and the gal there gave me even BETTER NEWS.....

ready for this...??

my state DOES NOT consider workman's comp payments as "income"...

so...?? well that means...my income is ZERO......

well i get United Health Care (much better than my employer had)........

FOR FREE.....

that's right,,,,,,,,FREE health benefits, free dental, free meds.....

wow....now you see why i included the Chris Farley video...????

i was absolutely floored when she said i qualify for FREE health care, up to and including, ANY waiting time when i get hired on by a new employer, until thier benefits take over.....

so, if any one of you ever have to go on worker's comp, and your employer puts you on COBRA, or you become unemployed for whatever reason, PLEASE i beg of you, to check with your state's Obama Care website, and look specifically for a state organization that handles the Obama Care. from there, and how your state looks at worker's comp checks that you get weekly, maybe you too can get free health care, till you go back to work.....

every state is different, but if you do not do any homework, then you may end up either paying for COBRA, or if un-affordable, you may very well be with out any coverage till you return to work...

what a day i had.......thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 reasons....

the cost of COBRA, and what i am actually going to be getting for health care, while out on workman's comp...

my company as some of you already know, took me off the health benefits since they say, it's too costly to keep me on, while out on comp...

ok...the price of COBRA is nearly $500 per month, for health benefits my employer has, that are "the bottom of the barrel" from United Health Care...

well, someone that i know, told me to look into "Obama Care", and i went to a website that my state has, regarding the Obama Care.

once there, i could get VERY affordable Blue Cross AND dental for just about $225 per month...not bad right..??

well, i went this morning to the state run health benefits organization, and the gal there gave me even BETTER NEWS.....

ready for this...??

my state DOES NOT consider workman's comp payments as "income"...

so...?? well that means...my income is ZERO......

well i get United Health Care (much better than my employer had)........

FOR FREE.....

that's right,,,,,,,,FREE health benefits, free dental, free meds.....

wow....now you see why i included the Chris Farley video...????

i was absolutely floored when she said i qualify for FREE health care, up to and including, ANY waiting time when i get hired on by a new employer, until thier benefits take over.....

so, if any one of you ever have to go on worker's comp, and your employer puts you on COBRA, or you become unemployed for whatever reason, PLEASE i beg of you, to check with your state's Obama Care website, and look specifically for a state organization that handles the Obama Care. from there, and how your state looks at worker's comp checks that you get weekly, maybe you too can get free health care, till you go back to work.....

every state is different, but if you do not do any homework, then you may end up either paying for COBRA, or if un-affordable, you may very well be with out any coverage till you return to work...

what a day i had.......thus far.

The above story you mentioned sounds like some good information. It would help tremendously if you could post some links.
Some people don't realize this until it is happening to them.
I'm sure there are many of us on here that have never experienced the ObamaCare route and got shoved into COBRA. It would help certain people that end up in your situation.

I can see where you are coming from and it's NOT leeching the system. Working for a living and getting injured at work, suddenly getting shoved into the extremely high cost of COBRA can sometimes bankrupt people. Some people would be forced to take a huge gamble and forgo some type of continuing coverage.

In your case, it seems like you found a qualifying source of continuing coverage in your state that can help your situation while you are off on a work comp leave.

In all honesty, I want to thank you for taking the time to post your updates. I know it helps. I learned something new and will inquire about alternative health care outside of COBRA when an employer cannot carry you while on a work comp leave.
When you get back to work "full duty no restrictions" does the plan end as you transition yourself back to an employer funded health care?

Don't forget to post some links if you can.

The above story you mentioned sounds like some good information. It would help tremendously if you could post some links.
Some people don't realize this until it is happening to them.
I'm sure there are many of us on here that have never experienced the ObamaCare route and got shoved into COBRA. It would help certain people that end up in your situation.

I can see where you are coming from and it's NOT leeching the system. Working for a living and getting injured at work, suddenly getting shoved into the extremely high cost of COBRA can sometimes bankrupt people. Some people would be forced to take a huge gamble and forgo some type of continuing coverage.

In your case, it seems like you found a qualifying source of continuing coverage in your state that can help your situation while you are off on a work comp leave.

In all honesty, I want to thank you for taking the time to post your updates. I know it helps. I learned something new and will inquire about alternative health care outside of COBRA when an employer cannot carry you while on a work comp leave.
When you get back to work "full duty no restrictions" does the plan end as you transition yourself back to an employer funded health care?

Don't forget to post some links if you can.

as for any "transition" from the state health plan to an employer, yes, the free health plan ends. i can keep it till the employer's plan takes over. say for instance, the new employer has a 90 day waiting period..well i can stay on the free health benefits till that time is up.

as for links, what people will have to do is just google "Obama Care"..

i cannot provide links, as it would be specific to my state. (the ones who administer it)

all states have the Obama Care Plan.

now it comes down to who administers that coverage in that particular state.

whether or not it is connected in any way to any welfare system, i do not know. but i do know that Medicade (Medicare..??) is indeed connected with this as well (from what i will be receiving)

i will be getting a Medicade(Medicare..??) card, and a UHC card..

i have to think that all states will have an Obama Care plan administrator, run by the state..>??? there are private insurance companies that administer the Obama Care Plan as well, but they will not tell you of the free health care that your individual states may have to offer.

tell you what as well...

maybe some don't like Obama, but right now, at the very least, some people CAN have a health plan for cheaper money than COBRA.

i too HAD to forgo COBRA many years ago when i got laid off.....

that was just luck that i didn't need any health care other than a normal doctor's visit.

God only help me if i needed an operation for say the appendix.....

I NEED TO CLARIFY SOMETHING...!!!

when i went to the state organization that handles the Obama Care, the gal there looked into the worker's comp situation.

as a result, the health benefits i will be getting for free are from my state, NOT Obama Care.

it was a result of me looking for Obama Care, that lead me to the state Health Insurance organization, that administers Obama Care. from there, rather than paying for the benefits, she said i fully qualify for the free instead. so as i say, why refuse what my state SAYS i can have, and for free..????

i can only "surmise", that if i had a job, and say a lower income, THEN i'd have to pay for any Obama Care benefits..???

which would be fully understandable.

again, to anyone facing loss of health care, check the Obama care health plans...

i think a link "might be"..............
http://obamacare.com/

then from there, according to your zip code, you "should be" directed to your state health plan administrator. just make sure it is YOUR state government that administers the Obama Plan, NOT a private insurance company.

Update

I had a call from the hospital just minutes ago.

i am supposed to be at the hospital July 8th for the operation, which it was said the operation should start at or about 10 AM.

of course, nothing starts on time, and i have to be there about 2 hours before the operation takes place. (i wonder if former dispatchers work at hospitals..or maybe former TSA workers...???).....:LMAO:

i also have to go to the pre-op diagnostic testing at the hospital on Monday June 30th.

typical testing will be done, blood work, EKG, etc,etc.

i asked the time involved for the operation, not only to the hospital worker that called, but to the doctor's surgical coordinator.

no exact time was given for the surgery, only a "guesstimate" from previous back surgeries.

but it was said "about" 2 hours.

i'm all psyched up this is going to finally happen, i just hope that nothing shakes things up and things get switched on me.

and as for the room i'll be recovering in, i hope that the "Singing Nuns' channel is available......:LMAO:

if you ain't never had to stay at a hospital for any amount of time, trust me......that channel exists.....!!!

and i think 2 others.....

the cheese channel......and the watching grass grow channel.......:LMAO:

you got this, it will be over and you will be home on July ??? whatever and be telling us about how ugly the nurses were, how mean they were, and how much sleep you never got cause they checked on you every 2 hours.

God speed and good luck

you got this, it will be over and you will be home on July ??? whatever and be telling us about how ugly the nurses were, how mean they were, and how much sleep you never got cause they checked on you every 2 hours.

God speed and good luck

i know....about the ugly mean nurses.....

my first operation, the nurse was a witch.....and a b......as well

i don't think she knew how to help a back operation patient.

and she seemed to have "fun" yanking out the tubing from my pee-pee.....:wtflol:

why is it however, that all the nurses are in high heels, silk stockings, and micro mini uniforms in the videos....

but have hairy underarms, scraggly faces, and calf high hosiery in real life..?????

could it be so that us guys do not "pop up a tent..???.....:biglaugh:

don't know when i'll get home, maybe in less that a week from the day of the slicing and dicing........???........:LMAO:

thanks for the well wishes.

came back from the hospital a short time ago. i had to go there for the pre-op testing..

nothing much really...blood drawn, EKG, and a chest x-ray..

was asked a few questions, about any meds i am on now, allergies, etc.

took all of about 45 minutes of my time.

can't wait to get this done.

GREETINGS pro1,

Do not go out and "party up" just after surgery.
It will be a while before you will have a box of fluffy ducks.

why is it however, that all the nurses are in high heels, silk stockings, and micro mini uniforms in the videos....

but have hairy underarms, scraggly faces, and calf high hosiery in real life..?????
Those folk are the males in transition, you should then feel better.
Maybe you will receive a sponge bath by such colorful "nurses" since your recovery might be a wee bit longer than you were informed.

"yank" is not a acceptable word used in the medical profession, reverse thrust maybe, yet not yank.

My Testicular Cancer surgery in early 2001 (Laparatomy) had me walking somewhat bent forward with a cane and it took just over 2 weeks to fully recover.
The drain tube was not yanked out yet it was quickly pulled away and the brief pain was remarkable.

Maybe after full recovery you will again be able to ride a skateboard, water ski and mountaineer all in one day or maybe you will just enjoy your scantily clad "nurse" videos and enjoy a Wet Dream.

CHEERS!!

GREETINGS pro1,

Do not go out and "party up" just after surgery.
It will be a while before you will have a box of fluffy ducks.

Maybe after full recovery you will again be able to ride a skateboard, water ski and mountaineer all in one day or maybe you will just enjoy your scantily clad "nurse" videos and enjoy a Wet Dream.

i just wanna be able to play the piano...........:LMAO:

Update

well, here it is, just after 5:30 PM.

in a little bit, just after submitting this posting, i will be shutting down. i need to get some things together, pack a small bag, and do some things around the house.

i want to watch a movie or 2 as well. i probably won't get much sleep tonight, which is ok, i'll get "knocked out" in the morning from the anesthesia, and will get some sleep then.

as some of you also know from any operation you may have had, in the morning as i shower, i gotta spread this antibacterial all over my self. the nurse said it will be red...and she said it will not leave my body red.....hope she was right..!!

many of you have wished me well, and a speedy recovery, and i thank you, your kind words are deeply appreciated.

i've been through a major back operation before, it went fine, but i am older now, 14 years older than the first operation on my back.

i will be back, but when i cannot say, i got too many opinions as to when i will leave the hospital, from an over night stay, to a few days. (my first time, i was in for 5 days)

everyone else, take care, be safe out there, and see you soon......................................................

pro1driver........signing off............:shift:

I'm home

well, i went in Tuesday morning. my surgery was supposed to be at or about 10 AM. the doctor was running late i was told, and in fact, he was operating on another guy just before me.

i went into the O/R at or about 1:30 Pm, and i woke up in the recovery room about 5:30.

from there, up to my room, which was a private room.

the guy across from me, was the guy that was operated on first.

come to find out, he and his wife were vaguely familiar with my mother and dad..!!

they didn't know each others names, but they were 'known" by sight at a few dancing venues they all go to.

so anyway, i got home thursday about 2 Pm, but was pretty much out of it as far as coherency goes.

i been pretty much doped up. the pains are there of course, as i try to stand up, sit down, lay down, etc,etc.

i have to try to stay as straight as all possible, which i am quite surprised that i am not wearing some sort of brace.

the doctor's p/a said i was stapled up. i cannot see the length of the bandage, but i was told it is about a foot long.

tell you what too...

when the nurse went to pull the "pee tube" from me, she did not get all the air out of the balloon, and when she tugged, and i do mean TUGGED, she nearly pulled my "pee-pee" right outta my body......

oh sure, go in for a back operation, come out a girl.....

damn, did that ever hurt.

well, i am still doped up, took some oxy not too long ago, so i am getting drowsy now, and i got a home nurse coming over in a little bit. she has to make sure my house is safe, etc,etc, and evaluate me for another nurse to work with me here at the house.

i'll probably stop by later, if not, then some other day.

bye.

Glad you made it through the surgery.

me too, but i am mostly glad for not losing my "pee-pee" when the nurse pulled out or maybe i SHOULD say...YANKED out the the "pee tube"....

no one ever wants to got thru that.....

i can't stay on the pc for too long, i get tired, from the meds, as well as i cannot really get comfortable sitting down.

the home nurse case manager came over about 10 AM, she did an evaluation on me. found much weakness in my legs, hamstrings, ankles, etc.

so she gave me some "exercises" to do, at least 20 times each, if i can. if i cannot do a full 20 of each, then do whatever i can and call it quits.

now i am also waiting for my primary care doctor to get back to me. the health insurance company that i have, through my state, does not pay for one of my daily meds. if i have to pay out of pocket, it'll cost me $100. i have been playing "phone tag" with my doctor. he HAS the replacement meds that the insurance WILL pay for, so what's the big freaking deal...????

you go to that list, you choose another med, and done with it..christ...

i had to call his office yesterday when i came home. i could not sit down, i had to stand while talking with the office gal. i was in pain that i thought was going to kill me..

i tried calling this morning, same thing, only this morning, i lost my "cool" talking with yet another office gal...

christ almighty......how freaking difficult is it to switch me over..???

he's gonna call me again tonight, before he leaves the office, about 5 or so. if i had a very LONG extension cord for my phone,. i would not mind, as i could sit down and wait for his call. but christ, every stinking time the phone rings, i gotta get up,and do the "Tim Conway old man walk"......

you only have to watch about 30 seconds of this video clip, to see how i am walking like Tim Conway...

on the one hand, it IS funny, but on the other, it is painful as well.

i might "cruise" the boards for a while longer, then call it a night, don't know yet.

till then....bye.

Anyone wanna see my staples...???

just to "be safe", i will add a cautionary disclaimer, that this might not be suitable for children, weak of heart, or wOody, unless wOody wants to see it.......!!!!

ok, i had several pics taken of my incision. it was closed by a whole bunch of staples, but i have no actual count of 'em.

i chose the picture that was slightly blurred, so nothing at "the bottom", like my "bottom" could be seen.

i also had someone hold a measuring tape, to give me an idea on how long the cut was.

the tape, was not held at the exact location of the cut, where it should have been.

in a clearer pic, the cut measures just slightly under 6.5" long...

i don't know why as of right now, why i would have been cut so high, from the actual disk location, (i needed the number 5-L removed) unless he had to remove some bone from the upper bones, ( to make for the fusion ) or, he needed more room to remove the previous hardware.

i go Tuesday the 22nd of this month to have the staples removed, i'll get answers then.

enjoy......

Picture813_zps38cdf5ff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

as for any surgery, the line looks crooked in this pic, but there is post op swelling going on there as well.

Another update

hey all.....

this morning I went to the hospital to get my staples removed.

it feels good not to be continually pinched by those darned things, and the itching has stopped as well...!!

the doctor's p/a removed them, and said that I can start physical therapy as soon as in a couple of weeks...oh joy.....

I think it's still too soon to be doing that, I mean can my back bones be healed up enough for that..???

in any event, I start p/t in August. I will be going at least 2 times per week, for about 8 weeks.

my next "follow up" visit, will be later in August, and I will have to bring in an x-ray as well.

I still get some minor pains in my back, the p/a said it's still healing, and this is normal.

man, I sure am glad......that itching stopped..>!!!!!

can't scratch staples......can't properly wash around them either......!!!!!!!!!