Career Ending Operation???

You totally have to do your homework in order to heal at a good pace. (PT Homework, stretches etc.) It's easy to grab the paperwork with the stretches on it but it's harder to actually do them at home. We tend to get a bit lazy. So force yourself to do some of them even if you laying in bed.
yes harder to do at home as the only flat surfaces i have are the bed and floor.

but the bed is as lumpy as the rest of my body but i cannot use the floor, otherwise i repeat that old tv commercial.."help, i've fallen and can't get up"...

i cannot get down onto the floor, as i have to bend and when that happens, the pain is immense, so i use the bed. but being lumpy (seriously) i am not getting the full effects of the home therapy.

Stay on a well timed medication intervals to keep the pain at bay and from creeping up on you.

as far as the meds are concerned, i sometimes cut a pill in half as i do not want the full strength from it, masking the pain. i think that gives me a false sense of how i feel and go over-board on the therapy

Have you tried a sleep medication to help you get some sleep? I know some spine doctors prescribe Ambien or equivalent.
Most over the counter sleep medication like Tylenol PM, Advil PM etc don't work and are usually a form of Benadryl/Diphenhydramine HCl

The Unisom with the Doxylamine Succinate, seems to work. It doesn't give you that morning hangover you get from the PM's.

Nyquil and when that didn't work, i asked the pharmacist for an OTC sleep aid. that did not work either, even using way more than recommended.

i really hate taking meds, prescribed or OTC. as i feel that sooner or later, something in our bodies is going to shut down from all the meds we take..nothing can be 100% safe to take over a lifetime, and short term meds may be even more so dangerous, no matter whether we follow directions or not.

With any sleep medication, if you fight the sleep effects and do not go to sleep, it will no longer work and you will have the worst time trying to sleep.

i cannot say for sure if i am fighting sleep. dark room, quiet room, or with the a/c fan on (for the white noise), seems to make no difference.

staying up late at night, only "sometimes" puts me to sleep, but however, staying up late, also cause me to "nap" or "zone out" for a few seconds (or minutes), which then "refresh" me......

Do you have any evidence that the Bone Stimulator is working? X-rays?

nothing recent. i go see the surgeon himself (unless something changes, and i end up seeing the P/A) on the 26th of November (the day before) Thanksgiving Day. i will be getting an x-ray done that week, most likely on Monday.

i have a re-evaluation next week, the p/t company ordered up more therapy sessions, and this is provided that i made some progress or met any goals they set up for me. if i did not make progress, and right now i know i cannot bend to touch my toes, nor can i move from side to side, then if the therapy place says i am not meeting recovery goals i may be discharged form there as well....

this is where the nurse case manager for the insurance company will earn her money, as she will be the one making decisions as what to do next..another therapy place, or have this same one continue to work with me.

i do know, that as i have said all along....this time around, this spinal fusion, is certainly not working out for me, in recovery times, and pains......

to me, i still wholeheartedly believe, that this bunk about "getting up and moving around" so soon after major surgery is just that...BUNK..and a whole lotta B...S......!!!

but, i will "play ball"........and let the lawyer figure out more later.......

yes harder to do at home as the only flat surfaces i have are the bed and floor.

but the bed is as lumpy as the rest of my body but i cannot use the floor, otherwise i repeat that old tv commercial.."help, i've fallen and can't get up"...

i cannot get down onto the floor, as i have to bend and when that happens, the pain is immense, so i use the bed. but being lumpy (seriously) i am not getting the full effects of the home therapy.

as far as the meds are concerned, i sometimes cut a pill in half as i do not want the full strength from it, masking the pain. i think that gives me a false sense of how i feel and go over-board on the therapy

Nyquil and when that didn't work, i asked the pharmacist for an OTC sleep aid. that did not work either, even using way more than recommended.

i really hate taking meds, prescribed or OTC. as i feel that sooner or later, something in our bodies is going to shut down from all the meds we take..nothing can be 100% safe to take over a lifetime, and short term meds may be even more so dangerous, no matter whether we follow directions or not.

i cannot say for sure if i am fighting sleep. dark room, quiet room, or with the a/c fan on (for the white noise), seems to make no difference.

staying up late at night, only "sometimes" puts me to sleep, but however, staying up late, also cause me to "nap" or "zone out" for a few seconds (or minutes), which then "refresh" me......

nothing recent. i go see the surgeon himself (unless something changes, and i end up seeing the P/A) on the 26th of November (the day before) Thanksgiving Day. i will be getting an x-ray done that week, most likely on Monday.

i have a re-evaluation next week, the p/t company ordered up more therapy sessions, and this is provided that i made some progress or met any goals they set up for me. if i did not make progress, and right now i know i cannot bend to touch my toes, nor can i move from side to side, then if the therapy place says i am not meeting recovery goals i may be discharged form there as well....

this is where the nurse case manager for the insurance company will earn her money, as she will be the one making decisions as what to do next..another therapy place, or have this same one continue to work with me.

i do know, that as i have said all along....this time around, this spinal fusion, is certainly not working out for me, in recovery times, and pains......

to me, i still wholeheartedly believe, that this bunk about "getting up and moving around" so soon after major surgery is just that...BUNK..and a whole lotta B...S......!!!

but, i will "play ball"........and let the lawyer figure out more later.......

Sorry to hear that the healing process is not working as planned.

I think taking the right amount of medication is essential in the healing process. There is a lot of debate going on regarding the effects it has on masking the pain vs taking the edge off the pain and being in a PT program. I think if taken properly it errs on the good side of healing.

It's good that you are concerned about taking the narcotics. If a doctor just pushes the narcotics without lowering the dose as pain subsides and healing progresses, it can be addictive to the point that a detox program is needed to wean off them. Too much for too long can also increase your sensitivity to pain.

Since the PT program you are in doesn't seem to be making a dent and you have a serious lumpy bed. I think they should do an x-ray of the area to see if there is any healing progress from the bone graft rather than to continue aggravating things. I think they might have to increase your therapy to three-four days a week to stay consistent.

ok, had the evaluation this morning.

i was measured for movements. i can only slightly lean from one side to another, just not a whole lot.

i still cannot bend to touch my toes, in fact, i can only bend forward a little bit from the last evaluation (the first one actually)

i cannot bend backwards.

the gal said she will start giving me a bit more p/t to build up some strength so that i can do things at home, and get moving with my life, but no mention of getting back to work.

ok, had the evaluation this morning.

i was measured for movements. i can only slightly lean from one side to another, just not a whole lot.

i still cannot bend to touch my toes, in fact, i can only bend forward a little bit from the last evaluation (the first one actually)

i cannot bend backwards.

the gal said she will start giving me a bit more p/t to build up some strength so that i can do things at home, and get moving with my life, but no mention of getting back to work.

If I'm not mistaken a Fusion surgery is 3-6 months off. Maybe longer for multi-level fusions.
There's going to be more progressive Physical Therapy,x-rays, measurements, approvals, meds etc. so the ability to bend forward to touch toes or backwards are the least of their worries right now. You have to start getting limber and flexible and start from your core strength.
I think you still have a long road to recovery before a Functional Capacity Exam/Evaluation is given to determine if your capable of going back to work.
I would probably guess you are still at the infancy of your healing process and a little behind because of unexpected issues.
Keep motivating yourself to push through the home PT. Every little bit adds up.

If I'm not mistaken a Fusion surgery is 3-6 months off. Maybe longer for multi-level fusions.
There's going to be more progressive Physical Therapy,x-rays, measurements, approvals, meds etc. so the ability to bend forward to touch toes or backwards are the least of their worries right now. You have to start getting limber and flexible and start from your core strength.
I think you still have a long road to recovery before a Functional Capacity Exam/Evaluation is given to determine if your capable of going back to work.
I would probably guess you are still at the infancy of your healing process and a little behind because of unexpected issues.
Keep motivating yourself to push through the home PT. Every little bit adds up.
well

if it is true that after the surgery, it can take 6 months to fully heal, then i am looking at January, as the operation took place in July.

with the setbacks i have indeed already had.

i do "some" of the home p/t, not all of it, as i do not have what the p/t place has, then too, i'd have to get down onto the floor for a level surface, but then i cannot get up....

i still use the spinal growth stimulator, daily for the 30 minutes it is timed for me to use.

i'll have more as time and updates permit.

thanks

i went to therapy this morning, and they had to call their main office to check on whether or not the insurance company has authorized any more visits.

i was ok'd for at least 10 more p/t sessions.

just before i had left, i was given a nice gift......(actually i had asked for it on a previous session), and it was given to me today.

it is one of the therapeutic ice packs, just like the one that they put on my back after a session.

it measures about..11" x 14".....wasn't very expensive, under $20, but the benefit here is that it does not get rock solid like the cheapo ones that i have in the freezer now. i have 2 smaller ones, maybe all of about 10" x 4" and after a very short time in the reefer, they are so rock solid, there is no way they can conform to the contours of my back. i had bought these at Walgreen's.

the gal of course, when i had asked if i could buy one, said she will call the insurance company, and tell them that i need it, which when i get home from a session, it really is needed. then when i do some home work outs, i cannot use the 'rocks" that i have.

they had already also gotten me the strap that i need for the leg lifts.

really neat ice pack, tough durable outer cover, unlike the near paper thin cover of the cheapo ice packs.

i went to therapy this morning, and they had to call their main office to check on whether or not the insurance company has authorized any more visits.

i was ok'd for at least 10 more p/t sessions.

just before i had left, i was given a nice gift......(actually i had asked for it on a previous session), and it was given to me today.

it is one of the therapeutic ice packs, just like the one that they put on my back after a session.

it measures about..11" x 14".....wasn't very expensive, under $20, but the benefit here is that it does not get rock solid like the cheapo ones that i have in the freezer now. i have 2 smaller ones, maybe all of about 10" x 4" and after a very short time in the reefer, they are so rock solid, there is no way they can conform to the contours of my back. i had bought these at Walgreen's.

the gal of course, when i had asked if i could buy one, said she will call the insurance company, and tell them that i need it, which when i get home from a session, it really is needed. then when i do some home work outs, i cannot use the 'rocks" that i have.

they had already also gotten me the strap that i need for the leg lifts.

really neat ice pack, tough durable outer cover, unlike the near paper thin cover of the cheapo ice packs.

Are those ice packs the ones that feel like gel in them with Velcro straps? They are very nice, stay soft and conform to your body. They work very well for pain and inflammation.
Elasto-Gel is the company. They have a lumbar specific or an all purpose one that also wraps around your body.

For the person on a budget and where work comp won't approve an ice pack, you can use a bag of frozen peas. Just make sure you knead the bag to loosen them up.

Do you also use a heat pad? Preferably a moist heat pad. Does wonders in between the workouts and icing. Since work comp approved an ice pack pad they can also get you a moist heat pad. The ones at PT places come out of a hot water tank, the ones approved would be the microwavable ones.

Believe it or not, some medications like Hyrdocodone, Oxycodone can make you break out, get itchy and worse constipated. If you are constipated it can also inflame your fusion area making you feel stiff, soar and struggle to move around. Eat foods that help curb the constipation, Metamucil helps and so does an occasional laxative and you will feel more mobile.

Good luck in your stretching,walking. PT sessions, try to have a positive mindset when you go to your sessions. I know a lot of people that go in with negative, woe is me attitudes and waste the day.

Are those ice packs the ones that feel like gel in them with Velcro straps? They are very nice, stay soft and conform to your body. They work very well for pain and inflammation.
Elasto-Gel is the company. They have a lumbar specific or an all purpose one that also wraps around your body.

For the person on a budget and where work comp won't approve an ice pack, you can use a bag of frozen peas. Just make sure you knead the bag to loosen them up.

Do you also use a heat pad? Preferably a moist heat pad. Does wonders in between the workouts and icing.

no, my ice pack has no velcro. it is just the pad, you put it into a towel, then place it onto the area. what is beautiful about this ice pack, and the one at the therapy place, is it's size. so as such, it covers a wider area than the cheapo ones i have. and it is made of a stronger vinyl, rather than the cheapo plastic, that seems to tear so easily.

i was told by the first p/t place, that i could get a big freezer bag, fill it with 1 part water, 2 parts alcohol, and that will never freeze either...

bit i cannot just buy one freezer bag, and in a box, they cost more that say i will ever use them all up. plus as i see it, why should i have to buy anything, when the insurance will pay...???

oh sure, i could send them a sales ticket, and get reimbursed, i had to do that for the very first medication that i had to have.

but i feel why bother, let them pay out when the request/prescription is done up by the doctor or p/t place.

i was told of the 'bag of peas', but then i do not want to let them thaw, and refreeze, as that is a food product, which if i do not use for cooking after the use, i'd have to throw it away, wasting food...

i have a very old heating pad, the typical plug into the wall socket type....

small in size...

i am not sure if the microwave i have will take the size of the heating pad the p/t place has.....

of course.....i do need a new microwave now as well.............HHHMMmmmmmmmm.....

"oh doctor, can you write up a script for a microwave oven"..........?????...:hysterical:

Another update....

well, as any of you were following, i had my back operation on July 8th of this year.

after several weeks of p/t.....

i am only getting slightly better.

but dammit...the pain STILL PERSISTS......!!

they ask me my pain level, and i say a constant 5.

the gal said that since my operation, my bones "should be" fused together now...

maybe so...but she is still a student therapist, not a doctor....

she cannot tell me why the pains persist...

i was at the barbershop earlier today..sitting there......

and the pain spiked liked always, nearly making me jump out of the chair.

i am here typing, and the pain is spiking.

just sitting...or just standing...or just laying in bed..>!!!!

in 2 weeks, i get an x-ray.

then the day before "T-Day", i go see the surgeon....

of course he will be told of the continued pain, and how sharp it is.

the nurse case manager called me, and since i was at therapy at the time, left a message, that she would like an update.

i called her this morning, and as usual, we play "phone tag".

i told her the constant pain, and the numbness i get in my right leg.

that was at or about 8:30 AM today, when i called.

here it is just after 5, and she hasn't returned my call.....again...usual m/o.....

but she will call back, always does, then somehow..."we connect" rather than play phone tag....

Christ......

again, i compare the first back operation i had in the spring of 2001, and my God...i DID NOT have lasting pains like this, nor the numbness.....

more as time on updates come up..

i'm gonna try and get my back x-ray done today, if the place i go to will take me. it is an x-ray place that i have been to so much over the years, they have a bed set up for me.

i hadn't been there for any of this workman's comp stuff, so of course, i have to bring all that information with me, no problem.

i would have gone to Concentra, since that is the place that started my workman's comp claim. but when i go there, they take people first come, first served, which i can indeed understand.

but...they are so god awful slow, and if i happen to go on a day that the fired dept, or gas company or electric companies are doing drug screenings, then i am doomed to wait a very, long, long time.

so hopefully, this "regular" place i have been to, will accept the workman's comp payments, which from my end, i cannot see why not.

but if all else fails, off to Concentra i must go. if they are super busy today, then i go Friday, maybe Monday of next week.

i go to the surgeons office on Nov 26, the day before "T-Day", and actually this time, i am supposed to talk with the doctor.

had p/t twice this week, and as usual, i still have back pain. still cannot bend to touch my toes, nor twist my body. things we all take for granted that we do on a daily basis.

also, my p/t runs out that day of the doctor visit as well. so, i can only hope that if the doctor orders up more p/t, that the insurance company authorizes it as well. i have been told by the p/t people, that the insurance company can say..no more p/t.....

i hope not.

update with a question or two.......or more..???

here is a pic of my back x-ray from August in fact, and i will explain why the older one:

backx-ray2August182014_zps6a91f2fe.png
[/URL][/IMG]

ok, now this morning, i went for a new back x-ray, but i will not need to post it...

why..??

it looks identical to this one, but here is "the rub"....

when i took this older x-ray back in August, i was at Concentra, the place that has my workers comp information.

ok, for this x-ray and the side view, i was laying flat on my back on the table...

got it so far..??

today at another x-ray place, one that i have a bed there, i took the new set of x-rays STANDING UP......

so as you look at this older version, look at my spine.....

it curves up to the left....(from your view, it looks like it goes to the right, but it is a front on view, not from the back)

so the new x-rays standing up show the same upward angle of my back.

months ago, when i took this copy of the x-ray to the first p/t place so the gal can see what she has to work with, said to me, "why didn't you lay straight on the table"...??

i told her, the gal at the x-ray place "set me up" into position.

back then she made me think, maybe i did indeed lay crooked on the table.

but now, standing, and the angle to my back is still there, makes me wonder why..???

i typed up a letter, with copies of the x-rays to my lawyer.

i see the surgeon Nov 26th.

yes, I WILL BE asking lots of questions as to the angle of my back, and the continued pain i get, often a sharp pain, and the numbness to my right leg...

by the way, in the 'side view" x-ray, i see NO bone growth, like in the previous fusion years ago....i will post BOTH side views when i can, i have to scan, copy, save, post to photobucket, link it here. you will "see" black in between the 4-5 vertebrae, and you will see white between the 3-4 disk, where the bones grew together (the fusion)....why didn't the bones "fuse" by now..??

the gal at the p/t place (she is an intern), had already told me, that by now, "they should be fused"......!!!

i looked at her, like she had 3 heads........but din't say anything but.....uh......oooooookay........

but what do "some of you" think might be wrong with my back, going off to that angle..???

i stand straight, and do not lean from one side to another, until the pain hits, and in the past, i always stood straight...

what could this be..???

thanks in advance.

updated side views

ok, in this first pic, it is from the x-rays back in August....

as of now, i am totally unable to scan, save the new x-rays, as they come out very dark, so i have to work off of this one

backx-rayAugust182014_zps630d61d2.png
[/URL][/IMG]

look at where the "top" screws are..that is the number 3 vertebra. look just below that, and you will see white in between the 3 and 4 vertebra. just below the number 4, is the number 5...

but, you do not see any white, do you..??

i know i don't, all i see is that piece of metal, the underside of that vertebra is still black, to me, meaning an open space..????

i wish i could show the new x-rays, but i just cannot get the damned thing lighter.

eeeshhhhh I don't want to look , you poor man.

well aren't you a "beacon of light".....lol....

(there is an ad on this page for "Beacon Life Funds").

that just gave me the idea of saying...

beacon of light.......lol....

i thought it funny the intern p/t gal to say that i should be all healed by now, and no longer in pain, and i personally see nothing different in the x-rays....

right now however....i don't see any "beacon of light"........

ok, in this first pic, it is from the x-rays back in August....

as of now, i am totally unable to scan, save the new x-rays, as they come out very dark, so i have to work off of this one

look at where the "top" screws are..that is the number 3 vertebra. look just below that, and you will see white in between the 3 and 4 vertebra. just below the number 4, is the number 5...

but, you do not see any white, do you..??

i know i don't, all i see is that piece of metal, the underside of that vertebra is still black, to me, meaning an open space..????

i wish i could show the new x-rays, but i just cannot get the damned thing lighter.

I see what looks like "the cage" with the bone graft or dead man DNA if it was from a donor, as they call it. Looks like the fusion is progressing slowly at this point which would probably explain the slow progress you are making in recovery time. Age and Activity can be a factor is slow healing. Taking ibuprofen can also slow the process just like any form of smoking. 3-4 month mark is still considered early.

I'm kind of doubtful with your multi level fusions, that you will really be able to touch your toes. Some people can't touch them with a single level fusion.

Good Luck Glenn

I see what looks like "the cage" with the bone graft or dead man DNA if it was from a donor, as they call it. Looks like the fusion is progressing slowly at this point which would probably explain the slow progress you are making in recovery time. Age and Activity can be a factor is slow healing. Taking ibuprofen can also slow the process just like any form of smoking. 3-4 month mark is still considered early.

I'm kind of doubtful with your multi level fusions, that you will really be able to touch your toes. Some people can't touch them with a single level fusion.

Good Luck Glenn

as a matter of fact, when i did have my first fusion, i could not touch my toes, but i was able to be well enough to pass a DOT exam from the one doctor i went to. other doctors in the past, nary did much testing for the DOT. i am sure however, the rules/procedures have been or will be changed soon enough.

it is just somewhat disappointing that i do not see more fusing going on down there.

i wear this insipid device, the "bone growth stimulator" daily, missing only 5 days (in total) from the now 80 days that i have had it. to me, i hardly think/feel that missing a mere 5 days makes all that much difference when at least 75 days i wore it. (it has a timer and days of usage, built into the control). thus far, i have now had to use 4 batteries for it, which they supplied for me. each battery lasting about 20 times.

i just don't see this "gizmo" actually doing anything but getting money from the insurance company, frankly.

also, that dammed x-ray, showing my back taking a curve up to the left like it does. (my left, your right)

i think "total time" for my first operation was all of about 8 months when i went back to work.>??

but then too, i was at the very least, 13 years younger.....

and, i had bone material put into place of the missing disc.

in this current operation, i do not see bone material, only what appears to be that piece of metal, laying flat on top of the lower disk.

if there were bone material there, we would see white, but only that metal piece shows up as white.

as for smoking, i do smoke cigars, but hadn't had one in about 3 months, in fact the 2 i have left, may be stale by now.

as far as any Ibuprofen, i do take those when my Bell's Palsy acts up on me, and i need to get the inflammation down, otherwise half my face gets paralyzed. so i really do not take those often.

as far as any activity, i walk a little bit, like when i go shopping, but i need a shopping cart so i don't fall down. i climb stairs (i have to so i can get into my apartment), and i walk around my house.

i cannot garden, paint (and the house needs it), i cannot make repairs to the house, so i have fallen way behind, but if i "work out" too much...??

shooting pain so massive, i want to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
as a matter of fact, when i did have my first fusion, i could not touch my toes, but i was able to be well enough to pass a DOT exam from the one doctor i went to. other doctors in the past, nary did much testing for the DOT. i am sure however, the rules/procedures have been or will be changed soon enough.

it is just somewhat disappointing that i do not see more fusing going on down there.

i wear this insipid device, the "bone growth stimulator" daily, missing only 5 days (in total) from the now 80 days that i have had it. to me, i hardly think/feel that missing a mere 5 days makes all that much difference when at least 75 days i wore it. (it has a timer and days of usage, built into the control). thus far, i have now had to use 4 batteries for it, which they supplied for me. each battery lasting about 20 times.

i just don't see this "gizmo" actually doing anything but getting money from the insurance company, frankly.

also, that dammed x-ray, showing my back taking a curve up to the left like it does. (my left, your right)

i think "total time" for my first operation was all of about 8 months when i went back to work.>??

but then too, i was at the very least, 13 years younger.....

and, i had bone material put into place of the missing disc.

in this current operation, i do not see bone material, only what appears to be that piece of metal, laying flat on top of the lower disk.

if there were bone material there, we would see white, but only that metal piece shows up as white.

as for smoking, i do smoke cigars, but hadn't had one in about 3 months, in fact the 2 i have left, may be stale by now.

as far as any Ibuprofen, i do take those when my Bell's Palsy acts up on me, and i need to get the inflammation down, otherwise half my face gets paralyzed. so i really do not take those often.

as far as any activity, i walk a little bit, like when i go shopping, but i need a shopping cart so i don't fall down. i climb stairs (i have to so i can get into my apartment), and i walk around my house.

i cannot garden, paint (and the house needs it), i cannot make repairs to the house, so i have fallen way behind, but if i "work out" too much...??

shooting pain so massive, i want to die.

I only see on xray (Right Side view) but don't see where it curves up to the left. Maybe I'm not looking at the right area.
I see the graft cage and some kind of lightish gray in the area that looks darker/empty to some people, so I think it might be safe to say it is the slow fusion taking place.

What does the therapist or doctor say about the healing progress? Too slow? Just right? Did they give you an estimated time frame of recovery? Do they think the bone stimulator is honestly working? What's their opinion of the xray?

I only see on xray (Right Side view) but don't see where it curves up to the left. Maybe I'm not looking at the right area.
no, you are not looking at the correct x-ray.

you need to go back, where i posted the "front view" to see the sudden angle from the top screws that actually go to my left, in that view. it'll look like it goes to the right to you, but you have to reverse the direction you are viewing it from.

I see the graft cage and some kind of lightish gray in the area that looks darker/empty to some people, so I think it might be safe to say it is the slow fusion taking place.

correct, in the "side view", there is still "black" meaning (to me) empty space between the upper and lower vertebrae in that pic.

the upper section, in that pic, you will see white, in between the 3 and 4 vertebrae.

What does the therapist or doctor say about the healing progress? Too slow? Just right?

the intern p/t, said to me, that by now, my bones should have fused, and the pain should not be as much as i claim..i told her.....uh...ooooookay.......

no word as to the healing process being slow or fast

Did they give you an estimated time frame of recovery? Do they think the bone stimulator is honestly working? What's their opinion of the xray?

no time frame...

bone stimulator...??? until doctor see's x-rays, he can tell me if it is working..to me.....wasting my time wearing a frigging "steering wheel"......( i had previously posted a pic, several posts ago)

as for the x-ray, the p/t main girl will see them monday, doctor will see them on the 26th of this month. but i am sure he already got a report form the x-ray place.

here is a pic of my back x-ray from August in fact, and i will explain why the older one:

no, you are not looking at the correct x-ray.

you need to go back, where i posted the "front view" to see the sudden angle from the top screws that actually go to my left, in that view. it'll look like it goes to the right to you, but you have to reverse the direction you are viewing it from.

correct, in the "side view", there is still "black" meaning (to me) empty space between the upper and lower vertebrae in that pic.

the upper section, in that pic, you will see white, in between the 3 and 4 vertebrae.

I can't believe I missed this X-ray. That is a very strange picture and almost looks like Degenerative Scoliosis. Another surgery? Revision Surgery? Keep us updates on this one because it doesn't look normal.

As far as the cage with the graft in it. I see some kind of light color/grayish white in there so it does look like there is fusion happening, at least to me it does. Just not as fast as it probably should be happening hence the wearing of the steering wheel bone stimulator.

It's obviously going to come down to what the doctor says but don't hesitate to ask lots of questions.