ADuiePyle | Career with ADP

MrV.

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello Forum members,
I'm seeking any information about working for A.Duie Pyle.
A year ago I obtained my CDL-A and have been reseaching getting into trucking. After a few set backs and having to leave a orientation for a mega-carrier for family emergency, OTR really isn't for me now at this time.(have wife & 2 kids)
I really want to get into the industry so I have been applying for awhile trying to get dockworker position.
I was getting ready to look into taking adult Ed. in logistics at a tech school when I saw a PT outbound position available , so I applied.
(This wasn't the first time I applied for a dockworker position at ADP)
ADP actually called and I set up an interview. Interview went well,spoke to the supervisor how I was looking into taking a course for logistics and said they will train ppl.The interview was last friday and the recruiter called this monday and I went out to take a pre -employment drug screen.
I haven't been told I'm hired yet but was wondering how long des it usally take to get on a full time position as dockworker?
I know they offer schooling for employees for driving but I like to learn all the aspects of operations.
For the past 8 yrs I have been a member of LU IBEW(still hold my card) The past 2 yrs only worked about 7 months.(Telecommunications Tech)
Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give you guys/girls alittle info about myself.
Thank for reading, please reply with any info.
Mr.V

they me waiting on the results from the test or checking your background they you have on your application. Its only been 2 days since your test so give it some time.

Thanks for the reply. I know,I have no worries about that stuff, just hope I get a job(unemployed as of now)

I know they offer schooling for employees for driving but I like to learn all the aspects of operations.

I'm a newbie. Is it better to pay the $$ and go to a private trucking school, or to try and get into a trucking company and go through their offered schooling?

I'm a newbie. Is it better to pay the $$ and go to a private trucking school, or to try and get into a trucking company and go through their offered schooling?
Private schooling may get you driving faster but most LTL companies train from within, if you go to some of the bottom feeding companies in truckload and they school you, you have to stay with them x amount of time or they will charge you for the training... ADP seems to be a good company, you don't hear anybody talking them down at all.

A. Duie Pyle.. So should I try to contact them before I commit to a school?

Last edited by a moderator:
training

if you get in with a company that trains, they usualy pay for the training while paying you. Most LTL companies that train, will require you to start on the loading dock. But once through the training program you get a local job that pays by the hour, and you go home daily. Beats running the road !!:1036316054::1sm364jumpbed:

I know they are constantly having guys cycle thru our school but LTL is rite, you have to start on the dock most of the time. There are also some guys that came into Pyle with a CDL but didnt have the exp so they went thru school too. Good luck Lee :1036316054:

Well just got a call from ADP.I start this Monday @ 5:15(paperwork,Orientation& forklift training)
That just made my DAY!!!!!!

Well just got a call from ADP.I start this Monday @ 5:15(paperwork,Orientation& forklift training)
That just made my DAY!!!!!!

Congrats to you MrV. now don't be a stranger and come back.

CONGRATS MR.V! thats such great news. happy for ya. Which location are you at? let us know how you like it ;p

I know they are constantly having guys cycle thru our school but LTL is rite, you have to start on the dock most of the time. There are also some guys that came into Pyle with a CDL but didnt have the exp so they went thru school too. Good luck Lee :1036316054:

:D Well i have heeded your advice.. found a location about an hour from me, hiring for part time dock worker. I applied, as entry-level, no experience, so, Now I'm just cycling through praying and hoping. Let's hope the positive vibes from MR.V's recent hire will spill onto me.

:D Well i have heeded your advice.. found a location about an hour from me, hiring for part time dock worker. I applied, as entry-level, no experience, so, Now I'm just cycling through praying and hoping. Let's hope the positive vibes from MR.V's recent hire will spill onto me.

just be patient about gettting a call like MrV did. You should still check the job fair so you know whats out there. There should be LTL companied there, maybe even Duie will show.

Yeah, that's a good idea.
Any more information on that job fair? I googled it, nothing came up...

Last edited by a moderator:
:woot2: Congrats Mr. V! I am confident you made a good choice if you are looking for something long term. Hopefully it works out for you.

Lee just make sure if you get the interview to express your interest in going to the school, and then again when you get hired. Dont be a PITA but make sure your supervisor knows your intentions :shift: