Yellow | careful about posting assumptions

truckerswife

TB Lurker
Credits
Recently a thread was posted and then deleted because the original poster was getting "attacked" (for lack of a better word) by people for posting a question.

I am not trying to cause more issues, but I think it was actually a really good example that people should lead by (or not lead by), so wanted to explain briefly and just put my thoughts here for others....

The original poster asked a question about a letter they received.... said it stated that "YRC was not paying for......" they wondered if anyone else received the letter....

When people starting asking more information to see why perhaps this poster received the letter...comments were made like: "Trust me, if I received the letter..you will also..."

Well, as you can see...it snowballed from there...

come to find out...the letter said nothing about YRC not paying - it was a matter of qualification for the individual (perhaps true, perhaps a recording error)...

Anyway - the point was made that assumptions like these bring more fear in people and actually give analysts and reporters a story to run with...had such happened...media may be out on something that is not true; but once that happens it can be too late.... customers read this, employees read this...and even if false...it raises more fear and could impact customer retention...

I just wanted to point out that things like these, along with negative "opinions" on a public internet forum could really be a Russian Roulette type situation. for those who really dont care, you just dont care... but for those that do care (even if you say you dont)...just wanted to point all of this out....

Asking a general question is fine...but before you exhaust all other resources and make calls to get answers...please be careful about posting your assumptions as if they are factual.

Thank you!

Recently a thread was posted and then deleted because the original poster was getting "attacked" (for lack of a better word) by people for posting a question.

I am not trying to cause more issues, but I think it was actually a really good example that people should lead by (or not lead by), so wanted to explain briefly and just put my thoughts here for others....

The original poster asked a question about a letter they received.... said it stated that "YRC was not paying for......" they wondered if anyone else received the letter....

When people starting asking more information to see why perhaps this poster received the letter...comments were made like: "Trust me, if I received the letter..you will also..."

Well, as you can see...it snowballed from there...

come to find out...the letter said nothing about YRC not paying - it was a matter of qualification for the individual (perhaps true, perhaps a recording error)...

Anyway - the point was made that assumptions like these bring more fear in people and actually give analysts and reporters a story to run with...had such happened...media may be out on something that is not true; but once that happens it can be too late.... customers read this, employees read this...and even if false...it raises more fear and could impact customer retention...

I just wanted to point out that things like these, along with negative "opinions" on a public internet forum could really be a Russian Roulette type situation. for those who really dont care, you just dont care... but for those that do care (even if you say you dont)...just wanted to point all of this out....

Asking a general question is fine...but before you exhaust all other resources and make calls to get answers...please be careful about posting your assumptions as if they are factual.

Thank you!

Listen, I'll apologize for my wording. I was trying to get across that if this was truly an across the board letter than everyone would get one as my husband isn't low down on the totem pole.
I had no idea that I could call myself to get information, thought only he could do it (like with credit cards unless you authorize it), and after being informed (thanks cdl guy) I made the call. At the time, this was my only resource (so I thought) and came here for some help. I won't make that mistake again.
I've read here for years and always saw people post letters to find out if others were getting them also.
I just didn't expect to get jumped on for requesting info. That letter scared the crap out of me and I just wanted to know what was going on.

Again, I apologize for scaring anyone else.

THANK YOU !! My thoughts exactly. I didn't like that the post was deleted, & we'll never know if it was just a snafu with one member's insurance, or if everyone else's is truely in danger. I'm hoping that since she saw the panic she caused, she will have the courtesy to report the outcome for those of us who would be in a world of hurt if we lose our insurance.

Listen, I'll apologize for my wording. I was trying to get across that if this was truly an across the board letter than everyone would get one as my husband isn't low down on the totem pole.
I had no idea that I could call myself to get information, thought only he could do it (like with credit cards unless you authorize it), and after being informed (thanks cdl guy) I made the call. At the time, this was my only resource (so I thought) and came here for some help. I won't make that mistake again.
I've read here for years and always saw people post letters to find out if others were getting them also.
I just didn't expect to get jumped on for requesting info. That letter scared the crap out of me and I just wanted to know what was going on.

Again, I apologize for scaring anyone else.

So now you need to tell us what the outcome was, because everyone is now worried about our insurance.

So now you need to tell us what the outcome was, because everyone is now worried about our insurance.

Since the COO (March 1st) they haven't been paying into our insurance. They don't know why as he's had more than enough hours to cover it. They are calling YRC to figure it out and I'm supposed to call again on Monday.
So, perhaps others should make sure if they moved terminals, or had their barn close or anything related to the COO that you check to see if all is well.

Since the COO (March 1st) they haven't been paying into our insurance. They don't know why as he's had more than enough hours to cover it. They are calling YRC to figure it out and I'm supposed to call again on Monday.
So, perhaps others should make sure if they moved terminals, or had their barn close or anything related to the COO that you check to see if all is well.

Sounds like an error..hopefully it will be corrected... good luck getting it straightened out!

Now see, that is important info, esp for the ones who moved or were closed down & haven't tried to use their insurance. Still don't understand why you couldn't say if he's laid off or on bid though. Let us know the outcome, in case there are others who get a similar letter.

Now see, that is important info, esp for the ones who moved or were closed down & haven't tried to use their insurance. Still don't understand why you couldn't say if he's laid off or on bid though. Let us know the outcome, in case there are others who get a similar letter.

He has a bid, that was just my error while typing too fast.

Also, we have been using the insurance and the bills always seemed to get paid. This just came out of nowhere.

Keep on the insurance dept at your hall....my wife doesn't let up on them until it's resolved. It's easier for them to talk to the right people in a short amount of time than it is for you to do it from home. It's what you pay your dues for.

Your good with us tikitatt12.

These guys n gals deal w/many different things on an ongoing basis. It goes w/the territory. Takes a bit of catchup to follow all of their lines of thinking. As you follow the threads and pick your hubbies brain when in doubt, you'll get up to speed.

Secret... Though most won't admit it, sometimes they have no clue what each other are saying.

He has a bid, that was just my error while typing too fast.

Also, we have been using the insurance and the bills always seemed to get paid. This just came out of nowhere.