Yellow | Carfully PTI your loads.......

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
As of Monday at 671 all loads being hooked leaving will not be PTIed by the switchers, and will not go through the garage. All loads comming in will be checked by the switchers. If any of the equipment has a problem between being unloaded and loaded , it will not be inspected per RDWY. Lights, mudflaps, jiffs, tires are inspected on the arrival and not on dispatch. This is a attempt to cut back on driver delay pay. Check them out, drivers. CYA!! DS.

This has been applied into 120 over a year ago. All trailers where red tag to get fixed before loading to. HA didn't work the way they thought it would. Now it's back to the old way of pti after hooked...... Good luck 671

thegr8one said:
This has been applied into 120 over a year ago. All trailers where red tag to get fixed before loading to.
They are "yellow tagging" trailers and they are fixed before they are sent to the dock to be worked. So your hot shipment sent to 671 may be sitting in the garage having the lights and tires repaired, right now!!:duh: DS.

This could work if everyone is on the same page. Problems that we had where, Some guys wouldn't check for problems others didn't know what to look for.Management would still load bad trailers if had no other empties. Garage wouldn't fixs problems then trl would go back onto shopline when driver refused loads. Just a big waste of time, Good rule of thumb is ALWAYS pti before trip.

I was hooked to a rail box ready to go at 231 last week and i wanted to slide the tandems back but couldn't because the brakes were so out of adjustment they wouldn't hold.So i went over to the shop to get it none.So as it was getting done i started looking around and found all the lugs on one wheel were backed off and two of them stripped.Needless to say that would have been big trouble if that unit had left like that.Of course it would have been my fault for not doing a P.T.I.

Had a trailer come I/B to 181 last week with a broken door cable.Stripped the trailer to empty, red tagged the gladhand as broken door cable, and put in yard. Trailer was pulled back to 120 as empty over the weekend,as it was the last trailer in the yard. It was then reloaded and sent back to 181 on the following Wednesday. Door cable still not fixed, and tag still on gladhand.Now I know,a cable is not something that would be concidered a problem that would keep the truck off the road for linehaul. But we are so short of pups at our terminal for p&d this would have been a real help if this problem was fixed before they turned this unit around and sent it back to us, or anyone else!
ps. Moparman, I sent you a private message, I hope you got it.

They do this at 135 as well. Spend almost every trip there in Harrisburg in the garage. The company wants you to be put in the position of having to make the choice if you want to take the load or not. Or more to the point, they are banking on the 80% of the rocket asses to jump in and go! Everyone can complain, but lets face it, as with almost all issues, we're our own enemy.
And on a side note, and I'm sorry if I offend anybody, but what has happened to our jockey pool? They are either not familiar with hooking a set properly, Pre trip properly or too damn lazy to give a crap. Oh by the way, tires, a baby tap with your foot to the tire is NOT going to tell you if the tire is flat!

just the other nite i lost a set of duals off a 53ft rental trl, they rolled into the weeds and set the woods on fire. wheel bearings failed...

little indian 1 said:
just the other nite i lost a set of duals off a 53ft rental trl, they rolled into the weeds and set the woods on fire. wheel bearings failed...
I lost a set of duals on a tractor one time .
My regular tractor was in the shop.I was forced on the road ,so I took the spare from the yard . I checked it out before I left the yard .
The scary thing here is that the load I had was a placard load .I could have lost it all. It scared me !!!!!!!!!!!

lol, lost a set of duals(left side) on a down hill doing about 75. Scared the sh%t outta me. Try getting off the right shoulder on a sloping left hill. Nerve racking. Funny thing is, super told me if I could find the rim. Ah, no, its gone and I ain't looking, since it was a half mile back and in a bad traffic area. Still sent a flatbed and wrecker with new tracker. Flatbed was for the rim,:rofl: which I told them was gone. Oh and it was equipment failure. First time the company actually said it wasn't my fault! After two months of reviews that is.

The speed of sound in a RDWY truck!!

serta said:
lol, lost a set of duals(left side) on a down hill doing about 75. Scared the sh%t outta me.
Must of had the cluch in!!!:biglaugh: I'm glad they didn't try to pin that on ya!! DS.