ABF | Carhaul Stands Strong

Yep 2 of the "best contract's ever" voted down,they got a little closer this time around but no quite enough. Now Kevin and Roy what cha got to say? If they don't have anything by the end of OCT it will be another year before we see anything. Because they surely are not going to work thru the hoildays. So we will keep plodding along at 61.97 mph and hoping for something in the meantime.. "nuff said got to do my short load now and have the weekend off

Good for them for standing up against concessions! Maybe some of us in freight can learn a lesson in both patience and Solidarity.

The only problem preventing a good contract now is if the Hoffa-Hall slate gets re-elected. Because Mr. Hoffa forced a change in the IBT Constitution during UPS negotiations, he now has the ability to accept any contract.........WITHOUT A VOTE BY THE RANK-AND-FILE.........if he feels that contract is in the member's "best interests".

VOTE 'EM OUT! .
.......... especially if you treasure your right to vote on contracts.

As a former carhauler myself.......M & G, and Nu-Car,.......I am proud of my Brothers for standing tall in this contract.

Good for them for standing up against concessions! Maybe some of us in freight can learn a lesson in both patience and Solidarity.

The only problem preventing a good contract now is if the Hoffa-Hall slate gets re-elected. Because Mr. Hoffa forced a change in the IBT Constitution during UPS negotiations, he now has the ability to accept any contract.........WITHOUT A VOTE BY THE RANK-AND-FILE.........if he feels that contract is in the member's "best interests".

VOTE 'EM OUT! .
.......... especially if you treasure your right to vote on contracts.

As a former carhauler myself.......M & G, and Nu-Car,.......I am proud of my Brothers for standing tall in this contract.

Not could, but would something like this happen in the Longshormaen's Union without some kind of action by the rank & file, legal or not?

Not could, but would something like this happen in the Longshormaen's Union without some kind of action by the rank & file, legal or not?

Absolutely not, Brother Von. But our ......."leadership"........has gotten so arrogant over the last few years that it makes you wonder if they've forgotten who they represent.

Makes you wonder if they can hear the snickers behind their collective backs from management every time Mr.Hoffa bloviates about "Bringing Jobs Back To America" , or " Protecting Worker's Rights".........

VOTE 'EM OUT!

Absolutely not, Brother Von. But our ......."leadership"........has gotten so arrogant over the last few years that it makes you wonder if they've forgotten who they represent.

Makes you wonder if they can hear the snickers behind their collective backs from management every time Mr.Hoffa bloviates about "Bringing Jobs Back To America" , or " Protecting Worker's Rights".........

VOTE 'EM OUT!

Hopefully the rank & file will come out in large numbers to vote. Hopefully they out Hoffa. Last general election for the IBT, 250,000 of 1.25 million eligible voters voted. That is less than 25%. Maybe since then the rank & file feel they have lost so much they will check that box & mail in the ballot. If you want change, you have to do something about it. Vote. Time will tell.