Yellow | Carlisle Rumors? Baltimore rumors?

pa-juggalo

TB Lurker
Credits
2 quick ones, just checking to see if anyone's herd anything.

1 - LCP City is moving in with Roadway at Roadway's Carlisle, PA terminal. This was orginally supposed to be linehaul.

2 - Baltimore is getting shut down? If it's being run like the guy is running the city that came from baltimore I can see why.

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/roadway-express/26313-yellow-moving.html

Seems like this is already going on elsewhere. Maybe we need a spot for all the ltl's under yellow control

Our one city guy runs up there everyday, and said that part of their one dock is blocked off, and the roadway guys were told we moving up there. I honeslty haven't been there in along time, and this is one of those rumors that pop up every 6 months or so. But look on the roadway forum, we do have terminals together in areas.

There may be alot of terminals closing if the ulility driver section of the contract allows drivers to peddle freight outside their current areas. It depends on how many they have and what they can do. Take R&L for example I think they only have one terminal in Ohio but they cover the whole state. I don't know anything about the utility driver section or if it's even in the tenative agreement. We'll find out in 6 more days.

1 - LCP City is moving in with Roadway at Roadway's Carlisle, PA terminal. This was orginally supposed to be linehaul.

2 - Baltimore is getting shut down? If it's being run like the guy is running the city that came from baltimore I can see why.

Baltimore what is shutting down.. City or linehaul?

There may be alot of terminals closing if the ulility driver section of the contract allows drivers to peddle freight outside their current areas. It depends on how many they have and what they can do. Take R&L for example I think they only have one terminal in Ohio but they cover the whole state. I don't know anything about the utility driver section or if it's even in the tenative agreement. We'll find out in 6 more days.
I just looked it up....R&L has 12 terminals in Ohio.

I just looked it up....R&L has 12 terminals in Ohio.

I noticed on the R&L web site only three Ohio locations have addresses. Like COL for instance I know that the drivers servicing that area are from Willmington 45 miles south of COL. Only 1 day left till we find out.

2 quick ones, just checking to see if anyone's herd anything.

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/roadway-express/26313-yellow-moving.html

Seems like this is already going on elsewhere. Maybe we need a spot for all the ltl's under yellow control

A good person to talk to that would have some knowledge would Don F. The Eastern Regional VP for Yellow. All of that territory is his baby there and maybe ask Eddie M. the TM at LCP too. Have you?

A good person to talk to that would have some knowledge would Don F. The Eastern Regional VP for Yellow. All of that territory is his baby there and maybe ask Eddie M. the TM at LCP too. Have you?

Mr. Powerbar and Ed. I don't talk to Ed, we don't see eye to eye, since they dragged me out of his office when he was running linehaul after bucky beaver went nuts. I consider him part of the problem at LCP, when Faucett was there there wasn't alot of the crap going on that goes on now. I kid you not so knew the minute he left.

Here's the latest from the roadway board:

tatertottat3
Peon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here at hbg 135 they did move the city on to big dock and like previously said small dock is for our big sort loads bot this doesn't even use ahalf of that dock. what the rumor here is is that yellow ciy freight for the carlisle region will be ran of our short dock and part of our lancaster city freight will go to the yellow facility. like i said thats just the rumor thats been floating around here. got a barn meeting scheduled for friday to go over contract going to pretty interesting to hear the line of bs fed. the last two barn meetings were for thetwo big coos and they said that they (coo) would bring more work to 135 and be great for our facility. as we've found out this was very far from the truth. but the truth is very hard to come by these days isn't it.

well i was going to type all of this down again but pa jug saved my fingers. this info was as of last saturday. only working one day a week so am out of the rumor mill till sat. like i say on the roadway forum when we see green or orange on or against that dock then we will know whats going in there. just wish management would be more upfront on the master plan as it would allow people to have a better idea of what the future might hold. but i think its part of management training to keep your employees in the dark and pissed off. you bwould think they would have learned a long time ago that happy employees are more productive. time to go back to school for alot of management.