XPO | Cars

nightcrwlerx

TB Lurker
Credits
If the powers that be have decided that to keep mileage on the tractors( in some misguided management fantasy)
in line to enhance sale value at the end of god only knows how many years service; shouldn't the new lease cars(which do have a definite mileage allowance) be given to high mileage salesman and the people at the palace take the used ones to keep the mileage in line?
Wouldn't this be a show of leadership giving up permanently any thought of a new vehicle like most terminals now do?

If the powers that be have decided that to keep mileage on the tractors( in some misguided management fantasy)
in line to enhance sale value at the end of god only knows how many years service; shouldn't the new lease cars(which do have a definite mileage allowance) be given to high mileage salesman and the people at the palace take the used ones to keep the mileage in line?
Wouldn't this be a show of leadership giving up permanently any thought of a new vehicle like most terminals now do?

Hold on there a second Nightcrawlerx and back up!!! BE carefull !!! You are using something that Con-Way doesn't believe in or know the meaning of. COMMON SENSE!!!!

I ask again: Why not limit the ENTIRE FLEET(cars and all) to 62mph if it helps so much. How much money could Con-Way save if we had a COMPANY WIDE policy of 62mph?

I ask again: Why not limit the ENTIRE FLEET(cars and all) to 62mph if it helps so much. How much money could Con-Way save if we had a COMPANY WIDE policy of 62mph?

That's an excellent question.

Is that really a carbon footprint issue? And/Or would it factor in our Core Values? - ie. safety & integrity.

Its all about the perception...

It was never an issue of carbon footprint...it was some management type's idea of saving money on fuel...nothing more.

They just used the it to garner accolades as going green to BS the public as to being an environmental friendly company...

The company cars have no logo and are not in the public eye...so no 62 mph restriction for them.

If this was such an important issue FedEx Freight would have done the same thing...their trucks go a helluva lot faster than ours...

More blue BS...

Rat

Although I am a guest here, I submitted this same type of question to our magmnt to be brought up at our spring drivers rep. meeting, seems my question never made on the agenda of topics. Asked my TM why? and he said there was no way in hell he would have that question asked.