Holland | Cartage anyone?

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Was told this morning due to the acssesive absenteeism Holland ME will be using cartage on Monday and Friday. We will see?

Yep , most all barns been using them for a long time , can't hire nobody , but for some reason our greedy parent company old yellow thinks we can run a trucking company without Driver's ? And thinks we can hire Driver's when we are the lowest paid in the LTL Industry !!

NO! Grieve it! No Cartage companies in AK and many many other terminals.

>>>> Do lay down and just take it! <<<<

If the Company is allowed to do it for 6 months then it becomes past practice and you will NEVER get that work back.
Sounds like me needs an illness to hit all city drivers,

Saw a cartage rig when I visited Detroit today. A tractor older and more beat up than anything Holland has left the yard with a tailgate pup. All I could do is shake my head in disgust.

Overwhelmed indeed like most barns are lately ! good thing we got a lot of trap trailers !
Carolinas is licking their chops for freight. Just enough work to keep city guys going. Road is struggling to clear boards. Wish they would lay these guys off so they can find work elsewhere and if they come back when called back good if not tough ::shit:: Ware/Cook for playing with people's lives.

Yep , most all barns been using them for a long time , can't hire nobody , but for some reason our greedy parent company old yellow thinks we can run a trucking company without Driver's ? And thinks we can hire Driver's when we are the lowest paid in the LTL Industry !!
It's not the hourly rate, it's how much you keep. Your drivers take home pay is higher than ours for same 50 hour week

It IS the hourly rate. It is the lowest in the LTL industry. That's not up for debate, that is a fact.
You aren't following what I'm saying. When you factor in OT and the free medical holland drivers take home more than sefl drivers. The hourly rate may be higher where I am, but my insurance takes over 100 per week plus a 401k contribution of 100 plus no OT ever and you arrive at a lower take home amount than a lower hourly rate holland driver

You aren't following what I'm saying. When you factor in OT and the free medical holland drivers take home more than sefl drivers. The hourly rate may be higher where I am, but my insurance takes over 100 per week plus a 401k contribution of 100 plus no OT ever and you arrive at a lower take home amount than a lower hourly rate holland driver
Then I would suggest that you leave SEFL for greener pastures. Apply at Holland if you think that's better than what you have now.