Holland | Cartage anyone?

In about ten years its gonna be 100% reduction. Thats why I bailed after 15 yrs. After the last contract I said if I dont get at least one of the two back (meaning the pay or the pension) im outta here.
Good for you Hotrodd, but you've got 15 in and you say we have about 10 years left that is 25 years. The pension is what it is and out of our control. Wages will improve and H&W is as good as any in industry. The way I face these situations is none of us are going to get rich driving a truck so I invest my time left to work at the place that best serves my family.

Good for you Hotrodd, but you've got 15 in and you say we have about 10 years left that is 25 years. The pension is what it is and out of our control. Wages will improve and H&W is as good as any in industry. The way I face these situations is none of us are going to get rich driving a truck so I invest my time left to work at the place that best serves my family.
I here you griz I left in 2014 and still miss holland to this day before yrc got involved. One of the best jobs I ever had.

I think they had a plan all along to slowly but surely break the pension.
I don't think it really matters anymore if it was a plan or not, it is going to run out of money soon and IMO can not be saved we need to take measures now to figure out what is in the best interest of our future. Sitting around playing who done it and would of could of games will not help us, we have a bunch of pretty sharp people on here what are we going to put together for a plan that will help every person the most in ten twenty thirty years....and yes I know it is not right and it sucks.

You took a $750.00 lump sum payment in liew of your pay raise in 2014 and 2015.
Foolish, but true. And several other times over the past few decades. What would the wages be now had we taken the ANNUAL raises instead? Much higher, that's for sure.

I don't think it really matters anymore if it was a plan or not, it is going to run out of money soon and IMO can not be saved we need to take measures now to figure out what is in the best interest of our future. Sitting around playing who done it and would of could of games will not help us, we have a bunch of pretty sharp people on here what are we going to put together for a plan that will help every person the most in ten twenty thirty years....and yes I know it is not right and it sucks.
Based on what I've seen and heard, the Teamster leadership doesn't care what the members want, they care more about what benefits them as an organization and them personally. Have the leadership had their asses bored out like the members have? Nope.
Clearly, they don't care what you guys want.

I here you griz I left in 2014 and still miss holland to this day before yrc got involved. One of the best jobs I ever had.
I don't miss the company any, but I made a really good living while I was there, and will always be gratefulI for that, and will always have a special place in my heart for what used to be there because it used to be a top notch organization, pre-YRCW. I think that if my blood was to be examined closely, it would still have a hint of orange to it.

Based on what I've seen and heard, the Teamster leadership doesn't care what the members want, they care more about what benefits them as an organization and them personally. Have the leadership had their asses bored out like the members have? Nope.
Clearly, they don't care what you guys want.
Hope change is on horizon carhaul got what they wanted in their contract. Took two rounds but they got it.

Hope change is on horizon carhaul got what they wanted in their contract. Took two rounds but they got it.

This isn't worth much. There are only 2 car haul companies left, and one driveway co. It took 2 years to figure out how to flush money on cspf down the toilet? Wow, color me impressed. ..

This isn't worth much. There are only 2 car haul companies left, and one driveway co. It took 2 years to figure out how to flush money on cspf down the toilet? Wow, color me impressed. ..
True there are only 2 and 1 driveaway,how many ltl's are left that are union? never mind I know.It wasn't about the pension that was the problem, it was the givebacks/no gains that they tried to push thru, and we said no twice, this one will pass now since it has increases in every area in every year of the contract, so maybe you aren't impressed but we didn't take a cut rate contract

Apparently the Teamster freight division doesn't know how to say no. And yes, I realize that it's the members that do the voting, but the upper levels always support the crap that they offer, so the members follow along.

True there are only 2 and 1 driveaway,how many ltl's are left that are union? never mind I know.It wasn't about the pension that was the problem, it was the givebacks/no gains that they tried to push thru, and we said no twice, this one will pass now since it has increases in every area in every year of the contract, so maybe you aren't impressed but we didn't take a cut rate contract

I'm glad you guys stood up, too bad you guys don't get the press coverage of the bus drivers from the international. You would think they would use this to try and go after fleet car, United road, virgina transportation, brothers auto transport, etc.

Any word on what happened with selland, out west?

I'm glad you guys stood up, too bad you guys don't get the press coverage of the bus drivers from the international. You would think they would use this to try and go after fleet car, United road, virgina transportation, brothers auto transport, etc.

Any word on what happened with selland, out west?
Still trying to get first contract signed by them heard it's getting close but that's it. We don't need anything big like that , this will be the last contract I work under but good luck to everybody else in freight cause you know they have forgotten all about the "core industy's" that the Teamsters are all about. Just makes me shake my head when at a rally to orgainse these people they have no idea what or who a Teamster is/are. Glad they joined but lets get back to the "TRUCKING" part of it.

u0RTlO4.jpg
Got Money for cartage but no money for pay raise ???

You aren't following what I'm saying. When you factor in OT and the free medical holland drivers take home more than sefl drivers. The hourly rate may be higher where I am, but my insurance takes over 100 per week plus a 401k contribution of 100 plus no OT ever and you arrive at a lower take home amount than a lower hourly rate holland driver
Free Insurance, no you are paying for it remember no pension, 15percent , vacation.

I think they had a plan all along to slowly but surely break the pension.
And the very people that are supposed to be on our side are helping it along. Hoffa and the IBT. What are the dues buying besides Hoffa's retirement package? He has turned his back on those in the Freight Division, knowing the other 21 IBT divisions will take their place still paying dues.
Those are the "members" that elected him (besides the 83% that never bothered to send in a ballot). The Freight Division and YRC are going down, taking Holland with it, but it would be nice to see Hoffa and his cronies kicked out, too. Better yet, they should be in prison. Even if either of those unlikely things happen, the good jobs will still be gone.

And the very people that are supposed to be on our side are helping it along. Hoffa and the IBT. What are the dues buying besides Hoffa's retirement package? He has turned his back on those in the Freight Division, knowing the other 21 IBT divisions will take their place still paying dues.
Those are the "members" that elected him (besides the 83% that never bothered to send in a ballot). The Freight Division and YRC are going down, taking Holland with it, but it would be nice to see Hoffa and his cronies kicked out, too. Better yet, they should be in prison. Even if either of those unlikely things happen, the good jobs will still be gone.