Holland | Cartage anyone?

Henry can I ask you what evidence besides Truckingboards do you have to make the statement that YRC, Holland and the Freight division are going down? That's pretty blatant. Please give me something with a valid source I can research. Wong and Big R doesn't count. Lol

Henry can I ask you what evidence besides Truckingboards do you have to make the statement that YRC, Holland and the Freight division are going down? That's pretty blatant. Please give me something with a valid source I can research. Wong and Big R doesn't count. Lol

TRQ8jix.jpg

Because Holland is secretly leasing white tractors too, through the Minus 15 Percent Leasing Corp!!!

And the very people that are supposed to be on our side are helping it along. Hoffa and the IBT. What are the dues buying besides Hoffa's retirement package? He has turned his back on those in the Freight Division, knowing the other 21 IBT divisions will take their place still paying dues.
Those are the "members" that elected him (besides the 83% that never bothered to send in a ballot). The Freight Division and YRC are going down, taking Holland with it, but it would be nice to see Hoffa and his cronies kicked out, too. Better yet, they should be in prison. Even if either of those unlikely things happen, the good jobs will still be gone.

Pretty sure Con-Job, R&L, Dayton, and OD are hiring. That way you won't have to be tormented by slowly watching the ship sink. Just say'n.

In many areas of the country,OD,and Dayton will not hire a driver from a union company...
I believe that. It is also illegal to discriminate and not hire someone due to age, sex, history of work comp claims or past personal bankruptcies or skin color or Nat'l origin, but they do it anyhow.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Con-Job, R&L, Dayton, and OD are hiring. That way you won't have to be tormented by slowly watching the ship sink. Just say'n.
Cowards Quit & walk away , real Driver man stay and FIGHT back against the greedy Yellow Pig !! and ride the sinking ship to the bottom !! R.I.P. 2019 Old yellow !!

I've been through two shut downs and friends of mine have been through even more than that.
The "hand writing" is on the wall.. Anyone that can't see it is either blind or they refuse to see what is going on around them.
Ignoring the facts does not make them go away. There is a LONG list of companies from the past that "just needed a boost" from their emplyees to keep the company afloat. In exchange they issued stock shares in the company. When those companies DID go belly up, those "shares" were worth nothing or at best less that $1.00 per share. Lost paychecks, sick days and earned vacation time was never paid.
Sound familiar ?
"Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" .....George Santayana

Wong, for you the ax grinding will stop when they close the lid.
So you are saying then that you are not willing to fight back ??? then guess years ago when the Union had some balls and fought for the wages we did have was the wrong then to do they should have been just yes sheep to back in the day when Union had a backbone !!

Cowards Quit & walk away , real Driver man stay and FIGHT back against the greedy Yellow Pig !! and ride the sinking ship to the bottom !! R.I.P. 2019 Old yellow !!
Cowards walk away?
Or is it that the intelligent drivers move on to greener pastures and get out from under the black cloud of negatively and bankruptcy talk?
Let's see.
Higher wages elsewhere, better equipment elsewhere, a money making 401k elsewhere, better work environment elsewhere, a happy life elsewhere, etc. etc......
You can call me Ray, you can call me Jay, and you can call me a coward, I don't care either way. But for those of us who left, we aren't worried about our company's survival or worrying about the next :2437:our Union and company is going to give us.

So you are saying then that you are not willing to fight back ??? then guess years ago when the Union had some balls and fought for the wages we did have was the wrong then to do they should have been just yes sheep to back in the day when Union had a backbone !!
Those who have stayed are fighting back?
What was the last concession vote results? 77% yes, in favor of deeper penetration. If that's fight back, I'd hate see what conceding is.
:hide:

Wong, I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying, if you get a bad local president or BA your hands are pretty much tied
As for backbone, because of some of our anti union laws, things we could do back in the fifties and early sixties may get
you a little jail time, our clout has been long gone.
And JR, ceartainly is no James Riddle SR. don't think help is coming from there any time soon

Cowards walk away?
Or is it that the intelligent drivers move on to greener pastures and get out from under the black cloud of negatively and bankruptcy talk?
Let's see.
Higher wages elsewhere, better equipment elsewhere, a money making 401k elsewhere, better work environment elsewhere, a happy life elsewhere, etc. etc......
You can call me Ray, you can call me Jay, and you can call me a coward, I don't care either way. But for those of us who left, we aren't worried about our company's survival or worrying about the next :2437:our Union and company is going to give us.
Several years ago I was laid off in the fall and I went and talked to a number of the better companies that might have "greener pastures", I have an excellent work and driving record but I am on the north side of fifty almost sixty now and a record of being a union driver. The companies were very polite and acted interested but no one was offering me a job. Was it a bad year or a bad time of the year or my age or the fact that I am a union driver or all of the above I don't know. But some on here talk so smartly about intelligent drivers move on, well I am here to tell you some pretty dam smart fella's don't always have the choice. So next time you judge what someone else says on here because you know better maybe keep in mind that not all drivers have the same options and choices as others.

The Walk a Mile in His Moccasins quote is often contributed to various indian tribes, but it actually comes from a poem written by Mary T. Lathrap in 1895. The original title was Judge Softly. Here is the complete poem.

Pray, don't find fault with the man that limps,
Or stumbles along the road.
Unless you have worn the moccasins he wears,
Or stumbled beneath the same load.

There may be tears in his soles that hurt
Though hidden away from view.
The burden he bears placed on your back
May cause you to stumble and fall, too.

Don't sneer at the man who is down today
Unless you have felt the same blow
That caused his fall or felt the shame
That only the fallen know.

You may be strong, but still the blows
That were his, unknown to you in the same way,
May cause you to stagger and fall, too.

Don't be too harsh with the man that sins.
Or pelt him with words, or stone, or disdain.
Unless you are sure you have no sins of your own,
And it's only wisdom and love that your heart contains.

For you know if the tempter's voice
Should whisper as soft to you,
As it did to him when he went astray,
It might cause you to falter, too.

Just walk a mile in his moccasins
Before you abuse, criticize and accuse.
If just for one hour, you could find a way
To see through his eyes, instead of your own muse.

I believe you'd be surprised to see
That you've been blind and narrow minded, even unkind.
There are people on reservations and in the ghettos
Who have so little hope, and too much worry on their minds.

Brother, there but for the grace of God go you and I.
Just for a moment, slip into his mind and traditions
And see the world through his spirit and eyes
Before you cast a stone or falsely judge his conditions.

Remember to walk a mile in his moccasins
And remember the lessons of humanity taught to you by your elders.
We will be known forever by the tracks we leave
In other people's lives, our kindnesses and generosity.

Take the time to walk a mile in his moccasins.

Wong, I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying, if you get a bad local president or BA your hands are pretty much tied
As for backbone, because of some of our anti union laws, things we could do back in the fifties and early sixties may get
you a little jail time, our clout has been long gone.
And JR, ceartainly is no James Riddle SR. don't think help is coming from there any time soon
I agree with what you say.............
but one thing that really bothers me is WHY do the Teamster membership keep re-electing these worthless POS "leaders" at the Locals and at the IBT? I never before realized how ignorant my fellow members were.
There are so many that will buy into anything that the so-called "leaders" like Hoffa, Jr., Ken Hall, new replacement Freight Director Ernie Soehl and now indicted Rome Aloise tell them. Why are these members so "brain dead"?
Are they now so completely unable to tell when they are being used and being lied to? I thought the people I worked with so many years actually had a backbone and had at least 1/2 a brain to work with. It is sad and frustrating for me to see that only 16.5% even bothered to get off their butt to vote AGAINST the main reason the Teamsters Freight Division is now in a death spiral, James P. Hoffa. Are so many of hese uninformed people still believing they are voting for James R. Hoffa? Or do they think that James P. Hoffa has anything in common with his father, James R. Hoffa (other than their fist and last name?) It is obvious there is nothing there to compare. I think James P. is living up to his middle initial (a slang term for a female part). He certainly has no balls. Some of the current membership know that, but since most were "no shows" at the last election, Hoffa (junior) is in for another 5 years. That should be the end of the Freight Division. The IBT, though, will survive quite nicely, thank you, on the dues from the other 21 divisions of the IBT. The Freight Division is considered "expendable". The actions of letting many thousands out of the CSPF instead of doing everything possible to increase contributors is proof of that.

Last edited:
The guys at CF never saw it coming, so when/if YRC locks the gates and sinks the ship you don't get to **** and moan about it.
nope ,joes bar& grill , that we be the HAPPIEST DAY OF THE YEAR , SHUTTER DOWN , TIME TO STOP MAKING WELCH & HIS BUDDIES RICH OFF OUR BACKS !! SHUTTER DOWN THIS FRIDAY WOULD BE GREAT IN FACT !!