Yellow | Cartage/owner operators coming to 896

Obviously your not on the west coast, because when i mentioned local 63 you didn't even give that a second thought. Local 63 is the largest and most powerful freight local in SO-CAL so when i said that those 63 members are enduring cartage everyday i wasn't kidding. The western area freight director is out of that local and the Joint council 42 president is secretary treasurer of that that local. So do you really think that if there was a violation in the contract those guys would just sit back and take it. I don't think so...
SO your not even a Teamster !! Give up your local number! and you know what it's about? it's about knowing what the hell your talking about. You have no clue what goes on in the West but you want to chime in like you know everything .. You a waste of my time ..

Local 63 is no better or no worse then 952. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, once you get there it was a little browner then anticipated...

Local 63 is no better or no worse then 952. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, once you get there it was a little browner then anticipated...

Being that i mowed the lawn on both sides, i can tell you 63 is a much stronger freight local.

Ok this will be my last response to this thread. All posters to this forum are from different sections of the country. no matter if you are west, east, south, or central states we all should know what is contained in our NMFA. Yes, each area has their own supplemental agreements. Work rules may differ, so called black book rules may exist. I believe none of these ageements give the company the right to forego seniority for work opportunities and use cartage agents. Every man on your seniority lists that are laid off should be offered work before any cartage agent is brought in. If all the men on lay off refuse the work then shame on them, they have opened up the flood gates for cartage. I've worked in the ny/nj area for 38 years and believe me had many bad deliveries[inside del, offices,schools] but you do the best you can and if you can't do it alone you tell dispatch it requires 2 men. Never had a problem this way. Tell them you're not doing it or keep bringing back the frieght and you will hear tm's start rumbling about cartage. Ba's and stewarts need to tell the men that work is work and all of our work needs to be protected in order to keep our jobs. If you have a bad stop and it takes you 2 hours to do it, no problem. One at a time. What I'm trying to say is don't give the company an excuse to use cartage. If the work is offered come back and do the best you can. Then if they use cartage and don't offer the work to seniority list employees you guys have a right to complain and take the proper procedures. I don't know if driver x is a union man or not but he makes a lot of sense to me.

Ok this will be my last response to this thread. All posters to this forum are from different sections of the country. no matter if you are west, east, south, or central states we all should know what is contained in our NMFA. Yes, each area has their own supplemental agreements. Work rules may differ, so called black book rules may exist. I believe none of these ageements give the company the right to forego seniority for work opportunities and use cartage agents. Every man on your seniority lists that are laid off should be offered work before any cartage agent is brought in. If all the men on lay off refuse the work then shame on them, they have opened up the flood gates for cartage. I've worked in the ny/nj area for 38 years and believe me had many bad deliveries[inside del, offices,schools] but you do the best you can and if you can't do it alone you tell dispatch it requires 2 men. Never had a problem this way. Tell them you're not doing it or keep bringing back the frieght and you will hear tm's start rumbling about cartage. Ba's and stewarts need to tell the men that work is work and all of our work needs to be protected in order to keep our jobs. If you have a bad stop and it takes you 2 hours to do it, no problem. One at a time. What I'm trying to say is don't give the company an excuse to use cartage. If the work is offered come back and do the best you can. Then if they use cartage and don't offer the work to seniority list employees you guys have a right to complain and take the proper procedures. I don't know if driver x is a union man or not but he makes a lot of sense to me.

Nice post and thanks for the kind words ROADY.

Anyone that claims that the contact pictured below contains language that authorizes the use of sub-haulers when men are on layoff is a liar, plain and simple. Anyone that expects you to believe, without showing proof, that another document exists that authorizes the use of sub-haulers when men are on layoff takes you for a fool.

rvzo5g.jpg

Well there's your problem right there, that book expired in 2008.

Anyway when ever we used local cartage because of over capacity it always cost more, in fact we lost money on most of the freight handed off, if those guys are working that much cheaper doing the PITA stops and someone else is making a profit we're in bigger trouble then I thought.

Anyway when ever we used local cartage because of over capacity it always cost more, in fact we lost money on most of the freight handed off, if those guys are working that much cheaper doing the PITA stops and someone else is making a profit we're in bigger trouble then I thought.

If an individual were engaged in a kickback scheme they would not be concerned with the company's profit or loss on the freight handled (nor would they give a damn about those on layoff).

Not in the penny pinching environment I see from KGO, it would not last past the first expense report for the costs.

I agree with you roady, these men at our barn (896) pass up work on a daily basis, and we have guys like disgruntled that takes out 7 stops and brings back 5 returns. And he's the biggest complainer here. This guy will bad mouth the union, bad mouth the company to cover how lazy he is. I'm not BSng you about all the returns he brings back, he's even stated on here that he doesn't do resi's or high rises.

I agree with you roady, these men at our barn (896) pass up work on a daily basis, and we have guys like disgruntled that takes out 7 stops and brings back 5 returns. And he's the biggest complainer here. This guy will bad mouth the union, bad mouth the company to cover how lazy he is. I'm not BSng you about all the returns he brings back, he's even stated on here that he doesn't do resi's or high rises.
You have no idea what you are talking about, you're an ef'ing liar!!! How is it that 14 doesn't at least give you a warning for this kind of slander, I don't get it.

ok let me re-phrase that, We have people at our terminal that get away with murder. They complain about all the work they have to do, complain about residential deliveries and hi rises. When Yellow was around there was a grievance filed for the use of cartage, and the reason Bob was using cartage was because NO ONE wanted to do the High rises in Irvine. These guys didn't even attempt to make them and would bring them back on a daily basis. Disgruntled you remember this right? about 5 years ago ..
So now all of a sudden your complaining !! Like i said WE'RE ARE WORST ENEMY !!

and by the way the grievance was referred back to parties with the understanding that the union would force those employees to make the deliveries. And discipline would be issued if they failed to do so ..

and by the way the grievance was referred back to parties with the understanding that the union would force those employees to make the deliveries. And discipline would be issued if they failed to do so ..
If thats the case then why they still using cartage? You lost me on here. I agree, do it or suffer the consequences, but did that not take the excuse for Cartage away?