Cascadia

TedWard

on the Chainwax
Credits
They put me in a Castratea today. It was an orally testacular experience. It took me ten minutes to get it into gear. Now I'm a man's man and I need a knob of some sort to hold onto while driving, I weren't looking for no pansy pushbutton. Then as it happens I was stung by a wasp on my right thumb at my first stop and I had a limp wrist all day, didn't matter 'cause I weren't doin' no shiftin' anyhow. But my left foot was all pissed off 'cause it didn't have nothin' to do in the cab, it kept on kickin' at nothin' like a dog scratchin' it's ear. Now check this out:

20120521_164350.jpg

It was designed by a woman, go figure, Allison's transmission? Really? Why don't you give me a Betty Crocker engine and a Little Debbie CB Radio so I can sweet talk you while I'm driving it up your chocolate covered highway? Kinda made me feel like this guy:

kurtgaybar.jpg

But then we got an e-mail, now I feel all better:

20120521_091213.jpg

Party at my house on Sunday!

Hey!! I drive a Cascadia, I am a spoiled brat because of that truck!! You should feel lucky to be in that caddy, BTW, you get the day off? Around here we work every holiday but Christmas day and Thanksgiving day.

Stop making fun of my truck...or I'm telling...

GT he just likes to play with sticks lol. I drove a Cascadia once and it was a nice truck. Except i drove a 10 speend manual

If you think the autotragic tranny is bad, wait til it snows... any wheelspin at all and the damn thing is going to upshift on you.

If you think the autotragic tranny is bad, wait til it snows... any wheelspin at all and the damn thing is going to upshift on you.

I didn't have that problem, any wheel spin and the traction control kicked in, I just stayed easy on the throttle and I never had an issue, maybe our trannys are different, I don't know, I just know I love that truck.

Got to play with the new toy eh. I had one for three days and I'm now back in an old dog. Thing is with these FL that there a pain to back up. But awesome on these long runs. You have a 6 speed Ted? The older ones are 10 speeds and take forever to get up to speed and are not easy to pull out into traffic.

Got to play with the new toy eh. I had one for three days and I'm now back in an old dog. Thing is with these FL that there a pain to back up. But awesome on these long runs. You have a 6 speed Ted? The older ones are 10 speeds and take forever to get up to speed and are not easy to pull out into traffic.

Mine is a 6 speed, it backs up smooth, not like the auto's of old that you had to feather the brake and throttle and then beat the hell out of a dock, I put mine in reverse and keep my foot on the brake to slow it down, if I hit the throttle it will back up about 30mph, I can hit a dock soft enough I don't make a sound, it has some hesitation when accelerating loaded, I just time it right, all in all, if I were to buy a truck, I would really consider an automatic, I've driven manuals for 22 years, I am a spoiled brat child because of this truck!!!

Mine is a 6 speed, it backs up smooth, not like the auto's of old that you had to feather the brake and throttle and then beat the hell out of a dock, I put mine in reverse and keep my foot on the brake to slow it down, if I hit the throttle it will back up about 30mph, I can hit a dock soft enough I don't make a sound, it has some hesitation when accelerating loaded, I just time it right, all in all, if I were to buy a truck, I would really consider an automatic, I've driven manuals for 22 years, I am a spoiled brat child because of this truck!!!

Spoiled brat?! Or, whiny b!tch?!? Sorry, couldn't resist a little joke!!!!! Long day for me today - 10 stops, 700 cases, 356 miles, 13hrs 59 minutes thank you very much...:)

Spoiled brat?! Or, whiny b!tch?!? Sorry, couldn't resist a little joke!!!!! Long day for me today - 10 stops, 700 cases, 356 miles, 13hrs 59 minutes thank you very much...:)

Why you little titty baby, I had 6 stops and 575 cases 8 hrs, oh and 160 miles, so there! :)

I understand flash, I have been there, its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel with that many miles, and cases, at least you didn't have 18 stops, that would have made it so much worse!

Hey GT, Sometimes they work us, sometimes not. When we're off, we really pay for it the next day. A lot of MWF customers will be ordering heavy tomorrow as well.

The first one I drove a couple of months ago was horrible. The transmission didn't stay engaged, and if you were at a stoplight on a slight incline, you would roll several feet before the transmission kicked back in. I don't remember how many gears, but it had a little paddle that you could switch gears with if you wanted. I was glad to get out of it. The shop have them all tagged out now because there are five separate recalls on them.

This is my fourth day in the 6 speed and I have no such trouble with the transmission and in fact this is the fastest truck I have driven with this company (in terms of acceleration). And it's kind of nice not to have to jam it into another gear when taking a turn.
I'm sorry about my previous rant, I just had a flashback to my otr days and the freightliner I drove then. I wrote a little song about it:

Piece of junk Freightliner
Your steering wheel has too much play
OH OH OH piece of junk Freightliner
It's in this lane I've got to stay

So it's not so much that I think the new trucks are gay. And it's not that I necessarily dislike the new trucks. It's just that if I had to admit that I did like the new trucks... Well that would make me feel kind of gay. I know it's a personal problem, but the feeling would disturb me nevertheless. And I realize that a lot of folks will swear to high heaven that they were born that way, but there's another school of thought that says it's contagious. There may or may not be evidence supporting both sides, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

caught-the-gay.jpg

Hey GT, Sometimes they work us, sometimes not. When we're off, we really pay for it the next day. A lot of MWF customers will be ordering heavy tomorrow as well.

The first one I drove a couple of months ago was horrible. The transmission didn't stay engaged, and if you were at a stoplight on a slight incline, you would roll several feet before the transmission kicked back in. I don't remember how many gears, but it had a little paddle that you could switch gears with if you wanted. I was glad to get out of it. The shop have them all tagged out now because there are five separate recalls on them.

This is my fourth day in the 6 speed and I have no such trouble with the transmission and in fact this is the fastest truck I have driven with this company (in terms of acceleration). And it's kind of nice not to have to jam it into another gear when taking a turn.
I'm sorry about my previous rant, I just had a flashback to my otr days and the freightliner I drove then. I wrote a little song about it:

Piece of junk Freightliner
Your steering wheel has too much play
OH OH OH piece of junk Freightliner
It's in this lane I've got to stay

So it's not so much that I think the new trucks are gay. And it's not that I necessarily dislike the new trucks. It's just that if I had to admit that I liked the new trucks... Well that would make me feel kind of gay. I know it's a personal problem, but the feeling would disturb me nevertheless. And I realize that a lot of folks will swear to high heaven that they were born that way, but there's another school of thought that says it's contagious. There may or may not be evidence supporting both sides, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

caught-the-gay.jpg

LOL!!! Ted you are a riot, your the man! I never laughed so hard, the first post in this thread ought to go down in post history!!!

Never a dull moment with you..LOL!!!! :)