XPO | Cascadia's starter problems

Bigstrapper530

TB Lurker
Credits
I've heard there seems to be a lot of problems with the Cascadia's starters. Personally in the last week, mine has cost me 4 hours of breakdown time (and thankfully at service centers and not on the road; and yes i charged for it). Has anyone else been having problems or know if the shop will actually fix them or not? Mine went to the shop and they said no problems, same for our vendor that came out and took a look at it. Just curious..

About six or seven times so far, I have claimed at least an hour of breakdown because it won't start. Then I turn on the floor mounted power switch and it starts. Seems to work pretty good.

Sometimes I will turn the key and nothing happens. Then I turn the key to the far left , then push in on the key and and back to the right and it starts right up. It seems like a relay isn't kicking in.

I had the same problem with 2008 Sterlilng. I went to the shop and asked them to look at it. They said you have to either wait for lights on the dash to go out after turning the key on or hold the starter button in and wait for it to start. He said that the Cascadias are the same way.

I had the same problem with 2008 Sterlilng. I went to the shop and asked them to look at it. They said you have to either wait for lights on the dash to go out after turning the key on or hold the starter button in and wait for it to start. He said that the Cascadias are the same way.

We had two of seven Cascadia's with starter problems. Wasn't having to wait for the lights to go out. Don't know what they did for them but they were towed to Freightliner.

thanks guys. mine doesn't have to wait for the gauges to clear, you can turn it on just like car. but i love the fact that i've had 3 different vendors look at it but yet there's nothing wrong. (wave of hand, there's nothing wrong with your truck)

some time this happens due to the key if the key is rubbed the Cascadias does not respond till the time it is not pressed and moved right and left many times.. Commercial trucks

UPDATE: Truck went down to the shop for a PM. According to the mechanic, they sprayed some kind of lube into the starter and THAT should fix the problem... Also, the other mechanic said to carry a 15/16th wrench so that when it doesn't start, give the alternator a good bump and it'll fire right up. Yay.

UPDATE: Truck went down to the shop for a PM. According to the mechanic, they sprayed some kind of lube into the starter and THAT should fix the problem... Also, the other mechanic said to carry a 15/16th wrench so that when it doesn't start, give the alternator a good bump and it'll fire right up. Yay.

Don't be messing around with those high tech tools if you're not a mechanic.

that alt. thump deal my be right. i have had trucks with 2 cables on the output post an the alt. loose an will not start. clean & tighten the alt. cables.